Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Certainly the plan back in ~April was that all three continue playing in a player-coach role. This is what Tony Lewis said in the Member's bar before one of the matches. Of course, over the course of the season things can change ...
    I was there that night. Well every match actually. Don't recall his exact words but I took it that they would take a lesser on-field role. Wider playing group would be in that ball park.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    So are they no longer part of the playing group?
    On the basis of their efforts this year I certainly hope so.

All three are still worthy of selection when they are fit and still offer the best match-day option.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    It's reported that they're looking for another Flanker to complete the Forwards' roster. I don't see how this is the priority for the final (?) Forwards slot. With Koteka and Callan (and I've seen Stander play 7), the 7 position is done. With FLW, Anstee and Pugh (apparently) the 6 position is done. Perhaps I'm missing something, but don't see it as a priority.

Player
    vCash
    I should add Tizzano was excellent this year, and while it would be great for him to return, what would this say to Koteka and Callan? Yes I know did play a game or 2 at 8, but not sure that's his best run-on position.

vCash
    We're quite thin in the number 8 department. Stander's the only real number 8 we've got, and I'm not sure he has the impact we require at Super Rugby.
    We appear to have 3 potential 8's in the academy though in Pomare-Tutagalevao, Kalolo and Masibaka. Their height & weight stats look promising - anyone know how they're looking in club rugby and whether they might be ready to make the step up to Super Rugby next year?

Tizzano would be nice to get back, but as you say, 6 and 7 are rather well covered, so hopefully it's the number 8 spot they're looking at.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    We're quite thin in the number 8 department. Stander's the only real number 8 we've got, and I'm not sure he has the impact we require at Super Rugby.
    We appear to have 3 potential 8's in the academy though in Pomare-Tutagalevao, Kalolo and Masibaka. Their height & weight stats look promising - anyone know how they're looking in club rugby and whether they might be ready to make the step up to Super Rugby next year?

Tizzano would be nice to get back, but as you say, 6 and 7 are rather well covered, so hopefully it's the number 8 spot they're looking at.
    i suggested some time back to get another 8. I know Anstee has played there, and maybe they want to develop him. Just needs to put on a few kegs. I do like the idea of FLW at 6 and Anstee at 8. I had suggested Uru but he re-signed with the Reds.

Player
    vCash
    You can probably drop Jake Ball 2021 off the list

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveWA View Post
    You can probably drop Jake Ball 2021 off the list
    Got a sauce for that?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    He has signed for NEC Green Rockets Tokatsu.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Bugger.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Disappointing, but our lock stocks are looking pretty good, especially if we re-sign Timani.
    Going to be tough to squeeze in all of Thrush, Rodda, Timani, FLW, Koteka, Anstee, Callan and Stander into our 23, and I think/hope Pugh will start getting a look in next year and Macauley might be improved after his stint in the northern hemisphere in the off season.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Disappointing, but our lock stocks are looking pretty good, especially if we re-sign Timani.
    Going to be tough to squeeze in all of Thrush, Rodda, Timani, FLW, Koteka, Anstee, Callan and Stander into our 23, and I think/hope Pugh will start getting a look in next year and Macauley might be improved after his stint in the northern hemisphere in the off season.
    Thrush was being touted as starting his transition to coaching, so I'd expect he's really going to be a part time option with a dash of injury cover.

If I was Sambo, I'd be looking for him to imprint all of the others with his signature "serial pain in the ass" mentality rather than playing a bunch of minutes.

Rodda looked OK in gold, but needs and injection of Thrush to become truly obnoxious in the best possible way

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I reckon Jake Ball is too slow for Super Rugby.
    OK for Nth Hemi rugby.

vCash
    Good to see him supporting his old mob at the local GF on Saturday.

vCash
    Exciting League prospect signed by Force

The Western Force add ‘x-factor’ to its 2022 Super Rugby Pacific squad with the signing of outside back Daniel Ala.

The 19-year-old New South Welshman joins the Force from NRL side Manly Warringah Sea Eagles and has represented Australia in the World Schools Sevens competition.

The speedster has also earned national call-ups for the Australian U18s and Schools side alongside Force lock Jackson Pugh and new recruit Reesjan Pasitoa.

Growing up playing both rugby codes, Ala is determined to make his mark in union with the Force.

Read More

2018 Video clip playing U18

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 23 of 26 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 LastLast