I am getting excited
    Ooh yeah!

Name:  big-kev.jpg
Views: 953
Size:  32.8 KB:

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Are you thinking Khoder Nasser GIGS? He's with Sam Ayoub nowadays.
    YepMy badIs Ayoub any better?

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Maybe cousin of George "TMO who never gave the Force a favorable decision" Ayoub!

vCash
    Buggered if I know. Seems to have done OK for Koirebete.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Man this Mataele story is gaining some momentum. I haven't seen anything more than speculation but everybody's talking about it!

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Man this Mataele story is gaining some momentum. I haven't seen anything more than speculation but everybody's talking about it!
    Bit more than speculation according to Nick Taylor in The West

Western Force have made an audacious bid for former State of Origin winger Blake Ferguson and snared Crusaders flyer Manasa Mataele as they rebuild for next season.
    Ferguson, who is out of favour with Parramatta Eels coach Brad Arthur, has slid from Origin reckoning to reserve grade, and remains unsigned for next season.
    The 31-year-old has played seven times for Australia, made nine State of Origin appearances for NSW and also played for Cronulla Sharks, Canberra Raiders and Sydney Roosters.
    He has represented the Indigenous All Stars and Country NSW in a 12-year NRL career.
    Mataele, 25, who returned to the Crusaders last year after a lengthy stint on the sidelines with injury, made his debut for the Christchurch-based side in 2017.
    He played for the Fiji under-18 side before moving to New Zealand, joining the Taranaki academy and being selected for their provincial side.
    He is set to make his debut for Fiji against the All Blacks next month after a breakout season with the Crusaders.
    The Force did not want to comment about their move on either player.
    Meanwhile new signing, second-rower Izack Rodda will play in the clash with New Zealand NPC side Bay of Plenty at HBF Park next month as he pushes to re-ignite his international career.
    Wallabies coach Dave Rennie has already selected his squad for the three Test series against France but Rodda could be in the mix for a Rugby Championship return.
    The former Queensland Red has been quarantining in Brisbane after returning from France ahead of his return to Australian rugby with the Force.
    Rodda, Isaac Lucas and Harry Hockings were released from their Reds contracts last May after refusing to accept reduced salaries during the coronavirus pandemic.
    Rodda, 24, signed with Top 14 side Lyon on a short term deal.
    He already has 25 Test appearances and wanted to stay in Australia after falling out with the Reds but the move was blocked at the time.
    He reportedly turned down approaches by the Waratahs and Rebels to return, and lucrative offers to stay in France or move to Japan, in favour of the Force for the coming season.

vCash
    I've seen that one WT, but it remains a lone voice at the moment. I haven't seen an acknowledgement from the team yet and I can't see any reason why they'd delay if they have a signature.

Will Genia has taught me never to speculate until the team announces a completed signing. The year he backed out of a solid agreement with a letter of intent to then go and sign a contract with Queensland showed me that some Rugby Players aren't worth pissing on.

I'm not saying Mataele is a soulless money-grubbing arsehole like Will Genia, but I still won't count that chicken until there's iron clad proof

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    This Blake Ferguson news is pretty random
    I read claims on GAGR over the weekend that the Fergasaurus is being considered for an off-field indigenous liaison role. It brings to mind reports that Andrew Forrest would chuck in a $100K-a-year TPA for Greg Inglis to act as a liaison for indigenous employment in 2010. Said to be part of the bid by Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes a'Court to lure GI to Souffs. Don't know if that grew legs; but he did go to Redfern.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I read claims on GAGR over the weekend that the Fergasaurus is being considered for an off-field indigenous liaison role. It brings to mind reports that Andrew Forrest would chuck in a $100K-a-year TPA for Greg Inglis to act as a liaison for indigenous employment in 2010. Said to be part of the bid by Russell Crowe and Peter Holmes a'Court to lure GI to Souffs. Don't know if that grew legs; but he did go to Redfern.
    Didn't the Force get fined for similar activities in the Firepower era?

C'mon the

vCash
    Didn't the Force get fined for similar activities in the Firepower era?
    I think it would have been difficult for anyone to prove a link between Andrew Forrest and Souths. The NRL were saying it would not be cap exempt if it did go ahead anyway IIRC

vCash
    I think it would have been difficult for anyone to prove a link between Andrew Forrest and Souths. The NRL were saying it would not be cap exempt if it did go ahead anyway IIRC
    I was more thinking if you were suggesting that Twiggy might do something similar for the Force.

Surely we'd be boned if he tried, even if only in the Media

C'mon the

vCash
    I was more thinking if you were suggesting that Twiggy might do something similar for the Force.

Surely we'd be boned if he tried, even if only in the Media
    Its only chatter on GAGR, AFAIK. But such a position should be outside any cap if genuine employment. I don't think anyone could argue that there is a huge talent pool being left untapped by Rugby. Not sure of AFL, but the NRL indigenous presence is large and for the most part well respected, on and off field.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Its only chatter on GAGR, AFAIK. But such a position should be outside any cap if genuine employment. I don't think anyone could argue that there is a huge talent pool being left untapped by Rugby. Not sure of AFL, but the NRL indigenous presence is large and for the most part well respected, on and off field.
    Is the Force under a CAP.

We are privately funded - and according to some, Only in SuperRugby AU - in a year-by-year invite basis.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Is the Force under a CAP.

We are privately funded - and according to some, Only in SuperRugby AU - in a year-by-year invite basis.
    1 yes, voluntarily this year but absolutely yes

2 Yes only Year by Year at the moment, but pushing for a permanent license and holding quite a few high ranked cards due to the fact that the broadcast deal assumes 5 aussie teams for 5 years.

C'mon the

vCash
    Jeez; I only said this is a bit of chatter on GAGR. I didn't expect the Spanish Inquisition.

Page 15 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast