Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Olowofela is heading back to the UK next month.
    and I'm sure they're looking for the best replacement they can find. they went to that well so often that I don't think they consider anybody else in the current squad to be a match

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    I thought that Kuenzle had a big boot and fits into a Reece Hodge type of mould.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    InnFORCEr's 2022 list is great and all that, but I haven't seen anything official confirming the four Brumbies or many of the other players guaranteed for next year eg. Robertson, Holmes, Thrush Kahui. Do we have confirmation of any of this???

Player
    vCash
    Going by InnFORCErs list, still 2 Props, 2 Locks and 1 Centre to be recruited. Not sure about Props (if Robertson has re-signed) but if Ball is signed then only need one more development Lock. For Centres, think Kerevi would be better than Kuridrani (but keep him if no others available).

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    InnFORCEr's 2022 list is great and all that, but I haven't seen anything official confirming the four Brumbies or many of the other players guaranteed for next year eg. Robertson, Holmes, Thrush Kahui. Do we have confirmation of any of this???
    The 4 Brumbies have been announced in an article in the west recently Robertson Holmes thrush and kahui might have been multi year contracts, but I'm not across that

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    At a Q&A before one of the matches Tony Lewis mentioned three senior players coming back next year to both play and coach the academy. I think the three names were Holmes, Thrush & Kahui (memory might be playing up) but those three names make sense for preparing for life after playing.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    At a Q&A before one of the matches Tony Lewis mentioned three senior players coming back next year to both play and coach the academy. I think the three names were Holmes, Thrush & Kahui (memory might be playing up) but those three names make sense for preparing for life after playing.
    My memory "plays up" all the time these days even without lubrication. But you're correct on those blokes. Thrush has stated in an interview that he's keen to play on. If it was so, not a bad recruitment strategy to get class experienced players around the joint. As we've seen over the years, once they experience life in WA, plenty decide to stay on.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    What do people think about getting Seru Uru as a Lock/8?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I know this thread is speculation.

This post - let's call it an opportunity lost.

about 4 months ago (give or take)

All Blacks Reserve Half-Back TJ Perenara announced his plan/desire to go to Japan to play Rugby.

Looking back on it now - I really wish that Hodgo jumped on the phone and made him an offer to come play for the Force in 2022. I think it would have been an absolute game-changer for the Western Force. And exactly what our Backline needs going forward.

last month it was announced that he had re-signed with New Zealand Rugby and the Hurricanes.

Oh well.

I guess we can only dream about what ifs...........

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Would be an interesting acquisition, but I'm not sure that they are areas we need to stock up on. Reading Kevin77's review of the forwards, we seem to have Thrush, Timani, Rodda & McCauley next year as locks, with FLW being available, too, and Stander/Anstee/Callan as 8s. If Timani isn't around next year then Uru would make more sense as someone to go for, with Uru & McCauley playing behind Thrush and Rodda.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Would be an interesting acquisition, but I'm not sure that they are areas we need to stock up on. Reading Kevin77's review of the forwards, we seem to have Thrush, Timani, Rodda & McCauley next year as locks, with FLW being available, too, and Stander/Anstee/Callan as 8s. If Timani isn't around next year then Uru would make more sense as someone to go for, with Uru & McCauley playing behind Thrush and Rodda.
    I hope Thrush and Timani re-sign, but until it's official it isn't official! You need 3 good Locks in the 23, then you need injury cover because one of those 3 will miss a few games through injury or rest. And I don't count FLW as a Lock in my list (see earlier post) as I hope he spends most time at 6. Plus Uru also covers 8. Stander is very good but getting on, Anstee needs to put on about 10 kegs. Callan also if they want to make him an 8.

All in all team is looking in good shape for next year, just a few more key signings.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think Uru would be great.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Every time the subject of lock stocks come up for 2022 I'm left scratching my head with Jake Ball as signed for 2021. To do what?

Anyone the wiser?

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Every time the subject of lock stocks come up for 2022 I'm left scratching my head with Jake Ball as signed for 2021. To do what?

Anyone the wiser?
    As I've said a few times. Unless it's official, it ain't official!

He is undoubtedly a good player, but how does he fit into the plan?

Roddha is signed. I'd want to keep Thrush and Timani. (If one of them goes then Ball can replace). McCauley is here and being invested in. I see one more Lock position (I'm not counting FLW). This last position is for a Wallaby eligible development player in my opinion.

Page 11 of 26 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 21 ... LastLast