Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Tizzano benched two weeks in a row- what is the bet he's comin' home? Ravi?
    Do we need Carlo Tizzano?

We have a brilliant number 7 in Kane Koteka. We have a brilliant group of back-rowers in Stander, Anstee, Lee-Warner and Lezana.

Where does Tizzano fit into this group?

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

We have a brilliant number 7 in Kane Koteka. We have a brilliant group of back-rowers in Stander, Anstee, Lee-Warner and Lezana.

Good question. Carlo is 21. Kane 27. both around the same size and weight. Apart from Koteka we are a little light on 7's in 2022. Not sure if Ollie Callan plays openside but he's 20 and has only 1 appearance - in 2020. Could Kano put on 5-odd kegs and end up as an 8 option? He carries strong enough. Nnice problem to have.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Tizzano is Wallaby material. Koteka unfortunately isn't. It is early days for him, but his ceiling is high.

Tizzano fits into the group as a replacement for Lezana. Do we need him? Not as much as we need depth in other positions. Will we appreciate having him? Damn right.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Just watching the replay. Didn't notice on Saturday but Callan came on for Stander at 8 just before Kahui scored.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Is it unusual for Stander to be replaced? I always thought he was an 80-minute player.

Unless he was hurt?

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

This is the point I made the other day. Koteka is playing well, and Callan in the development player. Both are signed for next year. There are only so many Backrow positions. Tizzano has been great this year, but who misses out for him?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    So for the 2022 squad, is it limited to 36, not including the wider training squad? And how many foreign players will the Force
    Attachment 5760
    So players in BOLD are already signed. Players in RED are currently players that should be re-signed. ? are vacant positions.
    If Lezana goes I'd say another 8 is needed. Yes, Anstee is playing there this Friday but thinking a big body is needed.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I suspect Anstee will bulk up a bit. I think he was hedging his bets with the Olympics. Anstee could make the perfect 8- good ball runner, good at the breakdown, good jumper, decent tackler- particularly with a grunty 6 like FLW.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Player
    vCash
    The whole get player x from team y because they are only there for training sounds like a good reason for a draft to help spread talent. I think Tony Lewis said that was one of his concerns.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by DazloT View Post
    The whole get player x from team y because they are only there for training sounds like a good reason for a draft to help spread talent. I think Tony Lewis said that was one of his concerns.
    Absolutely!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Senior Player
    vCash
    Anyone have access to the below article

Western Force poach four players from Brumbies in Super Rugby coup
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881881499z

Rookie
    vCash
    Western Force poach four players from Brumbies in Super Rugby coup

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Tue, 25 May 2021 12:48PM

Western Force have been on a raiding party to Canberra, snaring four young Australian backs from the Brumbies as they rebuild for their Super Rugby future.

They have secured the signatures of scrum-half Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, fly-half Reesjan Pasitoa, versatile inside back Bayley Kuenzle and outside flyer Reece Tapine in the first stage of building a new young side.

Last year the Force vowed not to strip talent from Australian clubs.

They opted instead for international experience from Australia and overseas to produce a competitive Super side after being invited back by Rugby Australia who axed them four years ago.

But the gloves are off as they prepare to lose about 10 players from the current squad including Argentinian Test halves Tomas Cubelli and Domingo Miotti and flanker Tomas Lezana.

Others not returning will be legendary Irish full-back Rob Kearney and winger Jordan Olowofela on loan from English heavyweight Leicester Tigers.

They are hoping to keep former Wallabies centre Tevita Kuridrani to add experience to what is shaping up as a young backline.

Speedster Fines-Leleiwasa, 25, who won the 2019 Nathan Sharpe player-of-the-year medal, returns after two years with the Brumbies.

He played for Australian schoolboys, the junior Wallabies at the youth Olympic games and won the 2016 Alec Eves medal for Queensland’s Premier Rugby player of the year in his first season.

Playmaker Reesjan Pasitoa, 20, played his early rugby with the Perth-Bayswater club before moving to Queensland’s Nudgee College on a scholarship.

He was in the Reds academy system but signed for the Brumbies straight from school, one of the youngest players signed by an Australian Super team.

He played for the Australian Schools and under-18s sides with Rugby Australia using its then “fighting fund” to lock him in as rugby league clubs circled.

Pasitoa made his Super debut last year and has jostled with Kuenzle for places in Brumbies’ game day squads.

Kuenzle, 22, has made a dozen Super Rugby appearance starting about half of them at fly-half.

The former junior Wallabies representative joined the Brumbies in 2018 and made his debut in round two of the 2020 pre-Covid Super Rugby competition.

He joined from the Canberra Vikings who he helped to the 2019 NRC grand final where they were beaten 41-3 by the Force.

Outside back Tapine, 21, joined the Brumbies this year from Norths Eagles in Brisbane’s Hospital Cup competition.

He switched from rugby league’s Burleigh Bears, when the Queensland Cup was shut down in the COVID pandemic.

He is a rangy speedster who can play both wing outside centre.

Reesjan Pasitoa. Credit: Jono Searle/Getty Images

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just what the doctor ordered, some young, speedy backs to go with our already decent forward pack.

Really looks like yet another step further up the rung with recruitment progress being made year on year

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Great signings. Nice to see Pasitoa and Fines returning to WA.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Great signings. Nice to see Pasitoa and Fines returning to WA.
    Hear hear.

C'mon the

Page 9 of 26 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 19 ... LastLast