Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

vCash

Force List 2022 speculation

I'm sitting watching the war v reb match, and it's looking more of a cripple fight every second. I think the mental toughness has evaporated from each team since it's a dead rubber, so.

I'm looking for something to do for an hour or so before I start hanging shit on either or both of them.

I though a speculation thread would be nice.

Scenario
    The force making finals will generate interest from more players to move west, so I want to throw the discussion open for who we'd call over here and why.

Priorities, bring WA boys home
    Followed by must be wallaby eligible, must either improve the team or fill a gap.

I'm gonna kick it off with number 7, because there's a mountain of options available.

Our regular starter is kane, with Carlo and Dickie Hardwick running around super rugby and some possibilities overseas, maybe also some locals in club rugby. I'm gonna stick to what I know and assume both Dickie and Carlo make the phone call.

Hardwick, I think he's about a match for Jane, but I have the feeling that he's older. He's not going to want to sit on a bench at this stage of his career and I'm not confident he'd win the selection battle (mainly because kane doesn't do much wrong, is the incumbent and they play a similar game) I'd advise Hardwick to either stay at the rebs or find somewhere different, there's not enough in Perth for him.

Carlo is a slightly different story, I don't think he's any better or worse than kane, but he is younger and he plays differently (and I might like him more because of how much he reminds me of hodgo) Carlo has the time to sit on the reserves for a year, build hunger and destroy people from the bench.

He's also more of a workrate 7 than an out and out jackal. I think he's a bit smaller and more agile.

I'd answer Carlos phone call and try to see if we can get a deal done.

What do you think?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    May be a dead rubber, but I'd like to see the Force have even half the penetration and offloading in the centres that the Waratahs have shown over the last couple of games.

vCash
    Not sure what game you're watching GIGS. The one thing I've learned so far is that Nick Berry has no fkn idea what an obstruction play looks like. Very watchable game I Reckon.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Maybe it's just my universal hatred nerve going off.

Andy, I'll get to the centres in due course, yes I think there's work to be done there. I'm not sure there are a bunch of options, certainly not in Oz anyway. I'm holding off on the positions that require research

C'mon the

vCash
    I rate Hardwick, was devastated that he amongst others were forced to move on. Given what Kane has brought he has earned it over Hardwick. Bringing Carlo home would be a plus. Instead of 1 being the starter and 1 from the bench I think it would be a good fight each week for position and also a tactical decision by coaches. Also playin hard 40 min each scenario. I'd like to see the HP brothers home but dont know how they will fit. I like McGregor and Kearney at 15 and our back row looks solid.. Even though not a WA bred player but I highly rated Adam Coleman. Not gonna push Thrush or Timani out but in a couple years would be happy for his return if/when Thrush/Timani move on

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Not sure what game you're watching GIGS. The one thing I've learned so far is that Nick Berry has no fkn idea what an obstruction play looks like. Very watchable game I Reckon.
    I had to pause it coz my family apparently need to eat dinner in my presence. I had no idea what you were talking about till just now.Our could see Carlo chuckling at how he got away with that.It's pretty defense-optional though isn't it?

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Tahs do look good running in space, I wish we could pass in front like that

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    May be a dead rubber, but I'd like to see the Force have even half the penetration and offloading in the centres that the Waratahs have shown over the last couple of games.
    We need to field Taefu at 12, Godwin at 13 and Kahui on the bench.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    We need to field Taefu at 12, Godwin at 13 and Kahui on the bench.
    I'm not sure what your problem is with kuridrani, I reckon he's fulfilling his brief.I think the problem is Godwin and kuridrani play the same, unfortunately taefu doesn't add much difference. We need our 12 to either be a stepper, who will slip tackles and offload or a second ballplayer. I'm assuming no miotti next year, so I don't think I'd try and fix 12 until we know whose playing 10.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm assuming no miotti next year, so I don't think I'd try and fix 12 until we know whose playing 10.
    10 is really the #1 priority.

Lance and McIntyre are serviceable at this level but not pushing upward much so far.

Elsewhere some young Aussie players on the rise are not currently first choice in SR (R. Pasitoa <WA lad>, C. Gordon, B. Kuenzle, B. Donaldson) but they might not be available.

It's a big question, IMO.

An experienced 10? OS alternative?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Is McGregor a genuine option at 10?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think Godwin to 13, recruit Samu Kerevi to 12. Push hard for one of Pasitoa or Donaldson. I like what I've seen of Donaldson.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'm sitting watching the war v reb match, and it's looking more of a cripple fight every second. I think the mental toughness has evaporated from each team since it's a dead rubber, so.

I'm looking for something to do for an hour or so before I start hanging shit on either or both of them.

I though a speculation thread would be nice.

Scenario
    The force making finals will generate interest from more players to move west, so I want to throw the discussion open for who we'd call over here and why.

Priorities, bring WA boys home
    Followed by must be wallaby eligible, must either improve the team or fill a gap.

I'm gonna kick it off with number 7, because there's a mountain of options available.

Our regular starter is kane, with Carlo and Dickie Hardwick running around super rugby and some possibilities overseas, maybe also some locals in club rugby. I'm gonna stick to what I know and assume both Dickie and Carlo make the phone call.

Hardwick, I think he's about a match for Jane, but I have the feeling that he's older. He's not going to want to sit on a bench at this stage of his career and I'm not confident he'd win the selection battle (mainly because kane doesn't do much wrong, is the incumbent and they play a similar game) I'd advise Hardwick to either stay at the rebs or find somewhere different, there's not enough in Perth for him.

Carlo is a slightly different story, I don't think he's any better or worse than kane, but he is younger and he plays differently (and I might like him more because of how much he reminds me of hodgo) Carlo has the time to sit on the reserves for a year, build hunger and destroy people from the bench.

He's also more of a workrate 7 than an out and out jackal. I think he's a bit smaller and more agile.

I'd answer Carlos phone call and try to see if we can get a deal done.

What do you think?
    Wow Giga for someone who comments a lot I would you mate have the ability to use google .

Hardwick amd Koteka are the same age and went yeah tinhwad all
    The way through juniors

Hardwick has recently signed an extension at the Rebels and is going nowhere

Tizzano ha made his intentions very clear about being a wallaby and sitting on a bench is not part of his plan - he wants game time every week so I would say he might be off to the brumbies

If he and to compete for a spot each week he will
    Take the challenge of Hooper at the tahs . No disrespect to Kane but Carlo has loftier ambitions

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wjm View Post
    Wow Giga for someone who comments a lot I would you mate have the ability to use google
    That's a fair call bro, I wasn't googling because I was simultaneously watching the rebels fall over the line, but it's still fair comment.I did suggest that Hardwick wouldn't be doing himself any favours returning home right now, so it'd make sense for him to extend.Carlo staying at the tahs is a high risk strategy if he's looking to make the wallabies. Tahs will never pick their 7 on form as long as Michael Hooper's arsehole points to the ground. You can't make the wallabies with three minutes a match.If Carlo wants to be a wallaby, he needs to be seen, which means he needs to move.Honestly, the force likely isn't his best bet, because rugby Australia still don't see the force as a genuine Aussie rugby side, but at least he'll play minutes. The Reds are full of backrowers and Carlo might struggle to see bench minutes there, the rebels will stick with what they know, Hardwick is their most consistent forward and the Brumbies are pretty stacked as well.At 7 there's not a lot of space even now and Hooper comes back in 2022 which will make it worse.Even the force really aren't LOOKING for a 7 or indeed any backrowers but Carlo might be able to trade on his differences well enough to get the minutes he needs to impress Dave Rennie. I personally think there's a role he could fill here and would take him if he wanted to come.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Interstin*though
    With COVID etc
    How many Barbars do you think we will keep?
    Could be a few
    Miotii is good kick etc and winning smile but I think teams have worked him out doesn’t go to the line
    Need a # 10 and 12
    Apart from Jordan 3. We haven’t made many line breaks this yr

Page 1 of 26 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast