Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I can, the Wallabies will be able to poach NZ youngsters from their academies with the promise of regular game time against soft opposition and then qualify them as Wallabies after they've served residency.

Sorry, but that is just about the last thing I want to see to any great degree. It's already the case to some extent and I don't really like that. I took the suggestion from Marinos to be aimed at current SR/NPC players. That may be his view - it's his job to get national success PDQ. It might be a high bar to set, but I'm more in line with the aspirations of AF, Hodgo & Co. Grow our own, even if it takes a while.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    If there are four former Force players currently playing in Australia who are returning, my top 3 priority would be Fines, Naisarani and RHP.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I think we need to rely on Fiji/Pasifika teams to take away NZ depth. We are not that far off the pace and I think we will get stronger. Maybe to ensure expansion teams competitiveness, we need to spread some players from the NZ sides to the new teams.

Win win win.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Transiting View Post
    If there are four former Force players currently playing in Australia who are returning, my top 3 priority would be Fines, Naisarani and RHP.
    I thought Naisarani had signed to head off to Japan or Europe.
    I also think Pasitoa should be a very high priority for us. Currently stuck behind Lolesio, whereas he could easily be looking at being a consistent starter at the Force next year.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    I thought Naisarani had signed to head off to Japan or Europe.
    I also think Pasitoa should be a very high priority for us. Currently stuck behind Lolesio, whereas he could easily be looking at being a consistent starter at the Force next year.
    I need to start this with the proviso that I haven't seen a lot of Pasitoa, so I might be waaay off track here.

I think McIntyre looked good against the Chiefs and would see him as our Middle-Term development option, therefore we either need a highly experienced quality 10 to mentor him (if he's not up to the standard of consistently starting) or a young WA kid to be mentored by him (if he is)

The limited research I have put into it doesn't identify Pasitoa as a WA boy, but that might be off the mark, he played schoolboys at Nudgee, but that doesn't mean he's not WA born and bred. He's made a couple of games with the brums, so is definitely there or thereabouts, but I'd opt for the safer option of an older, tried and tested WORLD CLASS flyhalf, which I don't think is a title Jono can lay claim to, yes he's solid, but he's not going to trouble the Wallabies selectors anymore.

C'mon the

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Raised in Perth before moving east for school, Pasitoa starred for Nudgee and led them to consecutive premierships in 2017-18 before impressing as a member of the Australian Schools and Under 18s side that impressed on their conquering tour of Ireland and Scotland in 2018.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...umbies-pasitoa

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Raised in Perth before moving east for school, Pasitoa starred for Nudgee and led them to consecutive premierships in 2017-18 before impressing as a member of the Australian Schools and Under 18s side that impressed on their conquering tour of Ireland and Scotland in 2018.

Cool, i did mention "limited research" so it sounds exactly like he'd be the development option (if we could get him)

It doesn't change the fact that I think we need somebody to mentor McIntyre so he comes up to speed quickly I'm not confident the squad can handle 4 flyhalves so that would mean either losing Jono or finding a world class 10 who plays 12 better than Kyle or Taefs. That would be a huge ask and the whole discussion is centered around whether Pasitoa will even talk to us (not guaranteed, we don't know what the Brums are telling him)

I'm glad I'm not doing the forward planning, because there are a lot of threads in that one.

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post

Where does his family live? WA or Qld?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I need to start this with the proviso that I haven't seen a lot of Pasitoa, so I might be waaay off track here.

I think McIntyre looked good against the Chiefs and would see him as our Middle-Term development option, therefore we either need a highly experienced quality 10 to mentor him (if he's not up to the standard of consistently starting) or a young WA kid to be mentored by him (if he is)

The limited research I have put into it doesn't identify Pasitoa as a WA boy, but that might be off the mark, he played schoolboys at Nudgee, but that doesn't mean he's not WA born and bred. He's made a couple of games with the brums, so is definitely there or thereabouts, but I'd opt for the safer option of an older, tried and tested WORLD CLASS flyhalf, which I don't think is a title Jono can lay claim to, yes he's solid, but he's not going to trouble the Wallabies selectors anymore.
    I believe Pasitoa grew up here before moving over to Queensland, so there's a WA connection:
    LINK

I have almost the opposite view to you on McIntyre & Lance. With the number of opportunities McIntyre has been given this year, our attack has almost always been average to woeful. It looked a but better on the weekend, but still not great and there was still a lot of shoveling and not engaging the line. It was more thanks to the forwards and the centres.
    If we're counting on McIntyre to be our 10 the next few years, then I think we're in trouble.

Lance has hardly been given any opportunities for some reason (perhaps has some niggles or isn't looking great at training), so it's hard to say how well he'd spark our attack. But for mine he seems to be exactly the type of player we need to straighten our attack, stop the predictable shovelling and telegraphed passing. He's been around the traps, so would probably have a fair bit of good advice to pass onto a young flyhalf.

But a highly experienced, quality 10 to guide Macgregor / McIntyre / Strachan / Pasitoa would most definitely be good. Peter Grant is still in Perth I believe - would be good to get him in for some coaching / mentoring if we're unable to recruit a good, experienced number 10.

vCash
    Peter Grant is still in Perth I believe - would be good to get him in for some coaching / mentoring if we're unable to recruit a good, experienced number 10.[/QUOTE]

Now that's a great idea

vCash
    Chiraag, fair. Maybe I'm looking too hard for the light at the end of the McIntyre rainbow, but Jono is a step too slow to really challenge any defense.he does play with an old head, but for mine it's in far too old a pair of shoulders

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Where does his family live? WA or Qld?
    I understand his folks are in Perth. Reesjan went from Perth to boarding school in Qld for final three years of high school and played 3 years 1sts at Nudgee, being signed by the Brumbies a bit before turning 17 with still a year to go at school.

Bit of a shame covid voided his shot at a Junior Wobs tournament.

Interesting parents, dad from Niue who got him into rugby & mum originally from Germany who actually took up women's rugby as a lock after her son started playing to learn more about the game. Not to read too much into it, but I believe she was working at FMG at one stage (and maybe still does).

Would be tough recruiting him from the Brums but I'd like to see the Force make it happen.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Tough to get him from the Brumbies? I don't know. Very little chance of him starting before Lolesio. More likely with McIntyre. I don't know if Lance will hang about, but he would be a great mentor. He's a meat and potatoes fly-half, and you need those guys to temper the young prodigies.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiap View Post
    I understand his folks are in Perth. Reesjan went from Perth to boarding school in Qld for final three years of high school and played 3 years 1sts at Nudgee, being signed by the Brumbies a bit before turning 17 with still a year to go at school.

Bit of a shame covid voided his shot at a Junior Wobs tournament.

Interesting parents, dad from Niue who got him into rugby & mum originally from Germany who actually took up women's rugby as a lock after her son started playing to learn more about the game. Not to read too much into it, but I believe she was working at FMG at one stage (and maybe still does).

Would be tough recruiting him from the Brums but I'd like to see the Force make it happen.
    Absolutely!!

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Tizzano benched two weeks in a row- what is the bet he's comin' home? Ravi?

Page 8 of 26 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 18 ... LastLast