Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast

Thread: Force List 2022 speculation

vCash
    Be great to see some more signings announced soon. Rona just signed a new long term deal with London Irish which rules him out.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Bugger!

From an article in The Rugby Paper (which looks like it might be run by the SMH. ) ....

"Rona arrived at the west Londoners from the Waratahs after their promotion from the Championship in 2019.

Prior to having his best season in New South Wales that year, Rona had played (the “other") code for North Queensland and the Canterbury Bulldogs."

vCash
    I wonder if DHP might come back to Perth? He's finished with the Rebels isn't he? I think he's off to Japan, is that right? Maybe we could snatch him back. Pity Rona's gone. Must admit, I've always wanted to see a Force XV with all the WA products in it.

On a side note by the way, Jordan Olowafela has a twin brother in the England sevens team...

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by chibi; 16-05-21 at 18:38.

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    I wonder if DHP might come back to Perth? He's finished with the Rebels isn't he? I think he's off to Japan, is that right? Maybe we could snatch him back. Pity Rona's gone. Must admit, I've always wanted to see a Force XV with all the WA products in it.
    I worry for DHP, he is obviously really battling at the moment with those migraines but it'd be awesome to see him 100% and back in the WF fold.

Rona news from 14th May for anyone that's interested...

"Curtis Rona has become the latest London Irish star to commit his future to the Club.

Rona, who made history by becoming the first try-scorer at our new home at the Brentford Community Stadium earlier this season, has penned a long-term contract extension with the Club.

The Australian center has made quite an impact in his two years with the Club, scoring nine tries in his 45 appearances to date – but he feels the best is yet to come!

“I’m really stoked to be here for another few years” he said.

“I’ve really enjoyed my first couple of years here and I feel this is a great place to really kick on in my career.

“I feel we’re growing as a team all the time. We’ve got a really nice blend of star players, as well as emerging, up-and-coming players, which – combined with the great staff we have here, led by Declan Kidney – we believe can take us to the next level.”

Director of Rugby, Declan Kidney, welcomed the news of Rona’s contract extension, commenting: “Curtis has enjoyed a really impressive couple of years with us since joining the Club and – as is the case with many of the boys in this group – we feel there’s still huge scope for development in his game.

“His performances are going from strength to strength, and we’re excited about seeing his career continue to elevate in the right direction over the duration of his new contract.”

vCash
    As the Exiles are my #2 team, I'm happy with Rona staying there. They do have all three of Coleman, Simmons and Steve Mafi as locks, though, and I'd be happy if either of the old Force boys decided to come back.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    A certain ex-captain who still works at Rugby WA didn't get on with O'Connor much, either
    On th the flip side. Also heard a number of ex WF players and those who know the ex captain won’t come here because..........

Player
    vCash
    What's the thinking on Fullback for 2022? Kearney has been the first choice when fit this year (but will he be here next year?), and recently Strachan seems to be preferred over McGregor.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by 2plus13 View Post
    On th the flip side. Also heard a number of ex WF players and those who know the ex captain won’t come here because..........
    ah,its good to see a bit of rumour mongering coming back to this forum!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    Thinking about it, those ex Force players are almost certainly from other SR sides. Couldn't imagine there would be any reason to keep movements quiet if not.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    Thinking about it, those ex Force players are almost certainly from other SR sides. Couldn't imagine there would be any reason to keep movements quiet if not.
    isnt there an agreement at some level that we wont "buy" players from other Australian SuperRugby teams

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Player
    vCash
    What are thoughts about getting Isi Naisarani?

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    isnt there an agreement at some level that we wont "buy" players from other Australian SuperRugby teams
    Thought that was last year. Be VERY surprised if that was true now. And why? Others can.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    The funny thing about agreements in Australian Rugby...

In all honesty I think the Force have the right to bring any ex Force player back and no team should have the nerve to complain.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    X, I think the agreement was more around the aggressive raiding of other teams. We picked up Kuridrani and Robertson because they wanted out. I don't think players approaching us is a problem, nor is reclaiming our guys.

You'd think there wouldn't be much complaint about us picking up Isaak F-L with him playing third string and development options in the wider squad.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Reality is, if he doesn't come back to the Force, he'll wind up in Japan. A lot will, so you'd hope the Australian teams have a good idea who they'd like to keep and they get them locked in early. There isn't the money around to be trying to outbid overseas clubs.

Page 6 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast