Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Western Force vs Queensland Reds - Friday April 23 - 5:45 Kick off

Senior Player
    vCash
    For me 1 thing that kept the reds defence on their toes was Cubelli taking a few snipes from the ruck in the first half. We don't do it often enough and Ian becomes very predictable with what he is going to do after a while.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I've been saying Cinelli needs to turn his shoulders upfield for four weeks now.
    Hopefully he's learned that blokes will follow him when he does now

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Miotti needs to do the same he's virtually facing the sideline when he receives the ball, his second step is directly sideways or backwards. Actually all our 10's do it which then makes the next receiver a great target for the defense.

Veteran
    vCash
    what do we think about the swinging arm on olowefela?

https://youtu.be/JxQiTYpG2eg?t=144 ( this is the highlights video from the game)

set the playback speed to 0.25 to see it clearly. at about 2:25

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    what do we think about the swinging arm on olowefela?

https://youtu.be/JxQiTYpG2eg?t=144 ( this is the highlights video from the game)

set the playback speed to 0.25 to see it clearly. at about 2:25
    It was Stewart, he was also offside all night with impunity, sometimes by metres. I assume he had photos of the ref playing golf with Satan or Christian Porter

C'mon the

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    It was Stewart, he was also offside all night with impunity, sometimes by metres. I assume he had photos of the ref playing golf with Satan or Christian Porter
    i noticed Olo through his arms up when it happened, but never worked out why... until now.

vCash
    Satan would be a more honest golfer than Christian Porter.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Satan would be a more honest golfer than Christian Porter.
    Simply casting a wide net man.I'm confident Porter plays off a lower handicap than satan

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Simply casting a wide net man.I'm confident Porter plays off a lower handicap than satan
    well,he plays off the womens tees

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Just did the player voting and it was pretty interesting. Watching them live at the ground gives a much better appreciation of the work some of them do without being the ball carrier or next to him.
    Thrush was outstanding as a player and a leader.
    Kuridrani is known for his explosive attack and, while we've not seen a lot of that (mainly due to the respect the opposition gives him), the runs he does make are telling and his defensive work is excellent.
    Godwin seemed to be right where he was needed for most of the game.
    Pulu was busy, even though the ball didn't get to him as much as he would have liked.
    Cubelli has either grown in confidence or adapted to how to play against the other Super teams.
    Miotti was pretty good but I wonder how much of a team man he is. Maybe the communication barrier is a factor?
    Stander ALWAYS gives his all. Is he one-dimensional? Can he adapt to what's in front of him?
    Anstee has become pretty consistent and was outshone by Koteka, I thought. Koteka was awesome. Again.
    Timani - awesome. Again.
    Front Row was also great. They are becoming a fantastic unit and the tight 5 are creating big problems for any other scrum.

Great to be at the match. Shame about the timing of SuperMark's announcement as a huge crowd should've been able to witness that match.

EDIT: I forgot Jack Mac. He is very reliable and has great rugby match vision. He is no threat when trying to run, it seems. He is not out of place at 15 and gives different skillset to Irish Rob.

Also I wondered if the reserves (Bomb Squad) could have been on 5-10 minutes earlier in the match.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Ecky; 27-04-21 at 20:52. Reason: Missed Jack Mac!

vCash
    Top summary Ecky.
    Very insightful particularly wrt those players who are relatively quiet achievers (Kuridrani, Godwin and Timani)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Great to be at the match. Shame about the timing of SuperMark's announcement as a huge crowd should've been able to witness that match.
    I'm not sure that the number would have been too much higher. If we only got 9,250 to the Waratahs match on a Saturday night, then I wasn't expecting any more than the 7,500 we got for the first two matches for a Friday night match, even one with a finals appearance on the line. So 6,300 is only ~15% down.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'm not sure that the number would have been too much higher. If we only got 9,250 to the Waratahs match on a Saturday night, then I wasn't expecting any more than the 7,500 we got for the first two matches for a Friday night match, even one with a finals appearance on the line. So 6,300 is only ~15% down.
    There were nearly 12,000 tickets sold and it looked like peaking at about 15,000.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    There were nearly 12,000 tickets sold and it looked like peaking at about 15,000.
    That would be awesome. I reckon that apart from us tragics that turn up no matter what; there's probably another 10,000+ who'd turn up if the boys were winning regularly. Didn't we start out in 2006 with 23,000 paid members? That figure now would better all but the top 4 NRL clubs and a couple of the AFL "expansion" clubs". Wouldn't it be great if we could get back anywhere near that.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    That would be awesome. I reckon that apart from us tragics that turn up no matter what; there's probably another 10,000+ who'd turn up if the boys were winning regularly. Didn't we start out in 2006 with 23,000 paid members? That figure now would better all but the top 4 NRL clubs and a couple of the AFL "expansion" clubs". Wouldn't it be great if we could get back anywhere near that.
    My guess is that we have the highest membership than all other Australian SR teams, if we were not, there would certainly have been a story about it by now, but with the lack of such story I would guess we are on top

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast