Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 137

Thread: Match thread: Western Force vs Queensland Reds - Friday April 23 - 5:45 Kick off

  1. #91
    Immortal Book Maker
    Contributor
    Moderator
    travelling_gerry's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Perth, Western Australia, Australia
    Posts
    18,424
    vCash
    186000
    Good thing we managed our own destiny. Tahs certainly not looking the goods.

    3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 26-04-21 at 03:22.

  2. #92
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,442
    vCash
    5586000
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Good thing were managed our own destiny. Tahs certainly not looking the goods.
    Absolutely.

    So pleased that the WF plotted their own destiny rather than rely upon the Waratahs to have a win over the Rebels.

    "I am the master of my fate

    I am the captain of my soul".

    Invictus - William Ernest Henley

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #93
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,321
    vCash
    5556000
    You never really know in footy. The Rabble may not have played as well under pressure of still being alive. They have played to not lose all season rather then attacking to win and the trend could well have continued.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David


  4. #94
    Veteran SNOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carramar WA (gods country)!
    Posts
    3,866
    vCash
    80000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You never really know in footy. The Rabble may not have played as well under pressure of still being alive. They have played to not lose all season rather then attacking to win and the trend could well have continued.
    I saw it the other way that the ‘Turds had nothing and no idea. 1 st try due to the whole team racing up and once line was breached try was a given As the game went on there was no spark out of them and with 3/4 mins to do against 13 they didn’t even get close.
    By the way the fact that they were playing was not even mentioned on 9’s 6 o’clock news here in Sydney! So much for the major rugby state!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

  5. #95
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,466
    vCash
    7412800
    Would you really want to promote that too hard, surely you'd be scared people might tune in.

    The score was close-ish, some tries were scored, but in reality it always looked messy and discipline was a problem for both teams.

    26 penalties, 2 red cards and I can't even remember how many yellows was no advertisement for the game.

    But the passing in open play was very pretty, there'll be some nice highlights, but theyr bookended by a fair bit of shit

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  6. #96
    Veteran SNOB's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Carramar WA (gods country)!
    Posts
    3,866
    vCash
    80000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Would you really want to promote that too hard, surely you'd be scared people might tune in.

    The score was close-ish, some tries were scored, but in reality it always looked messy and discipline was a problem for both teams.

    26 penalties, 2 red cards and I can't even remember how many yellows was no advertisement for the game.

    But the passing in open play was very pretty, there'll be some nice highlights, but theyr bookended by a fair bit of shit
    The 6 o’clock news was 2 hours prior to game so not even trying to promote it seems a bit strange to me or maybe it’s a deal with AR another to not promote crap! If they don’t see it they won’t complain about it!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

  7. #97
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,466
    vCash
    7412800
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    The 6 o’clock news was 2 hours prior to game so not even trying to promote it seems a bit strange to me or maybe it’s a deal with AR another to not promote crap! If they don’t see it they won’t complain about it!
    I'd go with option 2 the probability that it would be an exciting, high quality match was pretty low even if the rebels were still in the hunt.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  8. #98
    Player
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    cottesloe
    Posts
    230
    vCash
    5026000
    Just watched the replay - not for the last time

    1 what a game of rugby show that to the northern hemisphere

    2 sea of blue take a bow that is what it’s all about we all deserve this

    3 wha5 a team effort —-guts guts guts

    4 MOTM the wh9le fricking * team squad staff

    5 runner up Jordan 0 ( renamed Jordan 3)

    6 next runner up kahui —-best 6 minutes in history —worth 14 points ( setting up try and then the try saving tackle )

    7 next runner up jeremy thrush — as we now thrush can be very irritating , got yellow card-
    but he played his heart out with a shit ankle from the previous game,
    As well as a busy week week cleaning swimming pools

    8 our second best win ever —-2007 subi / shepherd. will never be eclipsed

    9 stuff this barbarians nickname — several brilliant experienced famous and talented rugby names have haD the privilege and honour to have played for a real team club and supporters!!

    10 go the force !!!

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  9. #99
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,466
    vCash
    7412800
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Just watched the replay - not for the last time1 what a game of rugby show that to the northern hemisphere2 sea of blue take a bow that is what it’s all about we all deserve this 3 wha5 a team effort —-guts guts guts 4 MOTM the wh9le fricking * team squad staff 5 runner up Jordan 0 ( renamed Jordan 3)6 next runner up kahui —-best 6 minutes in history —worth 14 points ( setting up try and then the try saving tackle )7 next runner up jeremy thrush — as we now thrush can be very irritating , got yellow card- but he played his heart out with a shit ankle from the previous game, As well as a busy week week cleaning swimming pools 8 our second best win ever —-2007 subi / shepherd. will never be eclipsed 9 stuff this barbarians nickname — several brilliant experienced famous and talented rugby names have haD the privilege and honour to have played for a real team club and supporters!! 10 go the force !!!
    Yeah it's on a bit of a loop at my place.If you want to challenge the barbarians tag, just show the footage of kahuis reaction after Jordan scores his third or the reaction of the whole team at the siren.Barbarians don't get that excited win lose or draw.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  10. #100
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    20,762
    vCash
    344000
    What was the full time score in the Tahs vs Scum match? I got bored at about the 50-55th minute.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #101
    (Previously WFDS) WFDom's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Rocko
    Posts
    1,499
    vCash
    5006000
    Haven't enjoyed a game of rugby that much in a lonnnnng time! Well, since last week anyway.

    Was great catching up with a few of you lot!



    Anyone know anywhere to download the game from? Usual sites don't have it. Watched it back on Stan but I want a copy of that for my vault

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

  12. #102
    Immortal Contributor jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    10,548
    vCash
    5010000
    Re-watched the game this morning after getting home from the service.
    Imagine if we took the line on like that consistently all season!?

    Now. Do I dare to dream of the finals tickets I have being to a force game?

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  13. #103
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,321
    vCash
    5556000
    Dare to dream, jono. The team will be. Even if they are mouthing the usual cliches in the press. Actually I don't think they are. Both skipper and coach said all the way on Friday.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #104
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,466
    vCash
    7412800
    I'd share to dream as well Jono. Were certainly doing it the hard way as I think we always looked a chance to frustrate the Reds out of a win but I haven't seen that against the Brumbies.

    I'll be throwing a significant amount of the vfortune I received on friday straight on the nose in hope.

    It's not blind hope in vain though I back my hope up with the understanding that we are the best team in the country at sustained multi phase play and simply awesome cover defense. This is perfect for finals football and I think a Reds v force final would be a match which I would enter with confidence.
    Unfortunately, the Brumbies are structured and pragmatic with high percentage plays to exploit virtually every situation. My hope I is that they realise that the game plan that was effective against the tahs and the Reds won't be effective against the Brumbies, we'll need to be more deceptive, put more pressure on their breakdown and virtually perfect at set piece.

    I think we have a team that can do that but there's no guarantee that they can stick to that plan for 80 minutes

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  15. #105
    Veteran valzc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Shenton Park
    Posts
    2,796
    vCash
    5521050
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Just watched the replay - not for the last time

    1 what a game of rugby show that to the northern hemisphere

    2 sea of blue take a bow that is what it’s all about we all deserve this

    3 wha5 a team effort —-guts guts guts

    4 MOTM the wh9le fricking * team squad staff

    5 runner up Jordan 0 ( renamed Jordan 3)

    6 next runner up kahui —-best 6 minutes in history —worth 14 points ( setting up try and then the try saving tackle )

    7 next runner up jeremy thrush — as we now thrush can be very irritating , got yellow card-
    but he played his heart out with a shit ankle from the previous game,
    As well as a busy week week cleaning swimming pools

    8 our second best win ever —-2007 subi / shepherd. will never be eclipsed

    9 stuff this barbarians nickname — several brilliant experienced famous and talented rugby names have haD the privilege and honour to have played for a real team club and supporters!!

    10 go the force !!!
    As soon as Kahui came on (just in front of us) I saw him organise 3 of the guys into position, so it was a well prepared & well done try. From Ian’s pass to Bryn & then Kahui was brilliant! That was pbly the highlight try of the game for me.

    1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Western Force vs Queensland Reds: Match Report 2
    By James in forum Front Page News
    Replies: 50
    Last Post: 13-06-11, 18:39
  2. Match Review: Western Force & Queensland Reds
    By James in forum Front Page News
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 23-02-11, 08:20
  3. Western Force -v- Queensland Reds Trial Match
    By Darren in forum Front Page News
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 07-02-08, 18:15

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •