Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

Thread: Match thread: Western Force vs Queensland Reds - Friday April 23 - 5:45 Kick off

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Good thing we managed our own destiny. Tahs certainly not looking the goods.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by travelling_gerry; 26-04-21 at 03:22.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Good thing were managed our own destiny. Tahs certainly not looking the goods.
    Absolutely.

So pleased that the WF plotted their own destiny rather than rely upon the Waratahs to have a win over the Rebels.

"I am the master of my fate

I am the captain of my soul".

Invictus - William Ernest Henley

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    You never really know in footy. The Rabble may not have played as well under pressure of still being alive. They have played to not lose all season rather then attacking to win and the trend could well have continued.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    You never really know in footy. The Rabble may not have played as well under pressure of still being alive. They have played to not lose all season rather then attacking to win and the trend could well have continued.
    I saw it the other way that the ‘Turds had nothing and no idea. 1 st try due to the whole team racing up and once line was breached try was a given As the game went on there was no spark out of them and with 3/4 mins to do against 13 they didn’t even get close.
    By the way the fact that they were playing was not even mentioned on 9’s 6 o’clock news here in Sydney! So much for the major rugby state!

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Would you really want to promote that too hard, surely you'd be scared people might tune in.

The score was close-ish, some tries were scored, but in reality it always looked messy and discipline was a problem for both teams.

26 penalties, 2 red cards and I can't even remember how many yellows was no advertisement for the game.

But the passing in open play was very pretty, there'll be some nice highlights, but theyr bookended by a fair bit of shit

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Would you really want to promote that too hard, surely you'd be scared people might tune in.

The score was close-ish, some tries were scored, but in reality it always looked messy and discipline was a problem for both teams.

26 penalties, 2 red cards and I can't even remember how many yellows was no advertisement for the game.

But the passing in open play was very pretty, there'll be some nice highlights, but theyr bookended by a fair bit of shit
    The 6 o’clock news was 2 hours prior to game so not even trying to promote it seems a bit strange to me or maybe it’s a deal with AR another to not promote crap! If they don’t see it they won’t complain about it!

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    The 6 o’clock news was 2 hours prior to game so not even trying to promote it seems a bit strange to me or maybe it’s a deal with AR another to not promote crap! If they don’t see it they won’t complain about it!
    I'd go with option 2 the probability that it would be an exciting, high quality match was pretty low even if the rebels were still in the hunt.

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Just watched the replay - not for the last time

1 what a game of rugby show that to the northern hemisphere

2 sea of blue take a bow that is what it’s all about we all deserve this

3 wha5 a team effort —-guts guts guts

4 MOTM the wh9le fricking * team squad staff

5 runner up Jordan 0 ( renamed Jordan 3)

6 next runner up kahui —-best 6 minutes in history —worth 14 points ( setting up try and then the try saving tackle )

7 next runner up jeremy thrush — as we now thrush can be very irritating , got yellow card-
    but he played his heart out with a shit ankle from the previous game,
    As well as a busy week week cleaning swimming pools

8 our second best win ever —-2007 subi / shepherd. will never be eclipsed

9 stuff this barbarians nickname — several brilliant experienced famous and talented rugby names have haD the privilege and honour to have played for a real team club and supporters!!

10 go the force !!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Just watched the replay - not for the last time1 what a game of rugby show that to the northern hemisphere2 sea of blue take a bow that is what it’s all about we all deserve this 3 wha5 a team effort —-guts guts guts 4 MOTM the wh9le fricking * team squad staff 5 runner up Jordan 0 ( renamed Jordan 3)6 next runner up kahui —-best 6 minutes in history —worth 14 points ( setting up try and then the try saving tackle )7 next runner up jeremy thrush — as we now thrush can be very irritating , got yellow card- but he played his heart out with a shit ankle from the previous game, As well as a busy week week cleaning swimming pools 8 our second best win ever —-2007 subi / shepherd. will never be eclipsed 9 stuff this barbarians nickname — several brilliant experienced famous and talented rugby names have haD the privilege and honour to have played for a real team club and supporters!! 10 go the force !!!
    Yeah it's on a bit of a loop at my place.If you want to challenge the barbarians tag, just show the footage of kahuis reaction after Jordan scores his third or the reaction of the whole team at the siren.Barbarians don't get that excited win lose or draw.

C'mon the

vCash
    What was the full time score in the Tahs vs Scum match? I got bored at about the 50-55th minute.

vCash
    Haven't enjoyed a game of rugby that much in a lonnnnng time! Well, since last week anyway.

Was great catching up with a few of you lot!

Anyone know anywhere to download the game from? Usual sites don't have it. Watched it back on Stan but I want a copy of that for my vault

Great game, Fucken battled right through to the 80!

vCash
    Re-watched the game this morning after getting home from the service.
    Imagine if we took the line on like that consistently all season!?

Now. Do I dare to dream of the finals tickets I have being to a force game?

vCash
    Dare to dream, jono. The team will be. Even if they are mouthing the usual cliches in the press. Actually I don't think they are. Both skipper and coach said all the way on Friday.

vCash
    I'd share to dream as well Jono. Were certainly doing it the hard way as I think we always looked a chance to frustrate the Reds out of a win but I haven't seen that against the Brumbies.

I'll be throwing a significant amount of the vfortune I received on friday straight on the nose in hope.

It's not blind hope in vain though I back my hope up with the understanding that we are the best team in the country at sustained multi phase play and simply awesome cover defense. This is perfect for finals football and I think a Reds v force final would be a match which I would enter with confidence.
    Unfortunately, the Brumbies are structured and pragmatic with high percentage plays to exploit virtually every situation. My hope I is that they realise that the game plan that was effective against the tahs and the Reds won't be effective against the Brumbies, we'll need to be more deceptive, put more pressure on their breakdown and virtually perfect at set piece.

I think we have a team that can do that but there's no guarantee that they can stick to that plan for 80 minutes

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wallabydarnd View Post
    Just watched the replay - not for the last time

1 what a game of rugby show that to the northern hemisphere

2 sea of blue take a bow that is what it’s all about we all deserve this

3 wha5 a team effort —-guts guts guts

4 MOTM the wh9le fricking * team squad staff

5 runner up Jordan 0 ( renamed Jordan 3)

6 next runner up kahui —-best 6 minutes in history —worth 14 points ( setting up try and then the try saving tackle )

7 next runner up jeremy thrush — as we now thrush can be very irritating , got yellow card-
    but he played his heart out with a shit ankle from the previous game,
    As well as a busy week week cleaning swimming pools

8 our second best win ever —-2007 subi / shepherd. will never be eclipsed

9 stuff this barbarians nickname — several brilliant experienced famous and talented rugby names have haD the privilege and honour to have played for a real team club and supporters!!

10 go the force !!!
    As soon as Kahui came on (just in front of us) I saw him organise 3 of the guys into position, so it was a well prepared & well done try. From Ian’s pass to Bryn & then Kahui was brilliant! That was pbly the highlight try of the game for me.

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast