Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Force vs Tahs HBP Park 2021

Senior Player
    vCash

Force vs Tahs HBP Park 2021

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    That's a pretty good looking team that can hopefully get the job done on Saturday.
    Great to see Anstee finally starting, but a big call dropping FLW to the bench. He's probably been our best forward the last 2 years, consistently putting in excellent 80 minute performances. Would've put him at 4 or 8 instead of those listed there.

Kahui on the wing is the other interesting one. Good to have his class on the pitch, but he does lack a bit of pace for a winger. A pity Kearney, Pulu and Ralston were unable to get up for the game, as we really could do with the extra strike power in the back 3 to try and get the bonus point win.
    Also good to see Makara and Strachan in the 23.

I hope we've been practicing our kicking for touch (and in general play for territory) and lineout throwing intensively this week after they were big problems last week. We should also be under strict instructions to not take penalty shots at goal at any stage - kick for the corner, attacking scrum or play on quickly at all times to go for the bonus point win needed.

Force by 18, 4 tries to 1.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, Dave Porecki, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Hugh Sinclair, Max Douglas, Lachlan Swinton, Carlo Tizzano, Will Harris, Jake Gordon (c), Ben Donaldson, James Ramm, Lalakai Foketi, Izaia Perese, Alex Newsome, Jack Maddocks

Reserves: Tom Horton, Te Tera Faulkner, Darcy Breen, Sam Caird, Jeremy Williams, Charlie Gamble, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed

Think we've got the advantage from 1 to 5, and then the rest of the starting teams look relatively evenly matched, except for 10 where we should have an advantage. Our bench also looks stronger.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'd back us. We just need to play a calm, controlled game. We have a solid defensive backline but not a lot of gas. I reckon Donaldson and Swinton will be short of puff. Wood being out is great for us.

Interesting they only have two backs on the bench, especially with some injury prone players.

I'd really love to see Makara get a run.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    have to score tries to get the bonus point,I suspect the Tahs will play a much better game this weekend
    Force by only a few-give away too many penalties again
    hope I am wrong

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    From what I have seen, and in fairness that hasn't been a great deal, but on any given play the Waratahs look more like breaking the line than the Force. They've made too many errors elsewhere to threaten, but I wonder if that isn't an easier fix than somehow finding some penetration out of seemingly nowhere.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I don't think bonus points would be enough. If we were to win with a BP and get one next week, we would only go through if the Rebels only pick up 4 points in their final two games. Given what is on the line, I can't see the Rebels letting it slip.

We either need the Tahs to beat the Rebels or we need to beat the Reds.

Better for us to focus on winning first and only considering bonus points once we have a 14 point buffer. We also can't afford to get too loose because every try the Tahs score makes getting 3+ that bit harder, as the Rebels found out a few weeks ago.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Ummm... I can't see that team sheet in OP. No email from HQ so far. Anyone care to repost plz.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Ummm... I can't see that team sheet in OP. No email from HQ so far. Anyone care to repost plz.
    FORCE (1-15): Tom Robertson, Feleti Kaitu'u, Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Thrush, Sitaleki Timani, Tim Anstee, Kane Koteka, Brynard Stander, Tomas Cubelli, Domingo Miotti, Jordan Olowofela, Kyle Godwin (c), Tevita Kuridrani, Richard Kahui, Jack McGregor

Reserves: Andrew Ready, Angus Wagner, Greg Holmes, Ryan McCauley, Fergus Lee-Warner, Ian Prior, Grason Makara, Jake Strachan

INs: Greg Holmes, Jake Strachan, Grason Makara
    OUTs: Byron Ralston, Tomas Lezana, Kieran Longbottom

WARATAHS (1-15): Angus Bell, Dave Porecki, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Hugh Sinclair, Max Douglas, Lachlan Swinton, Carlo Tizzano, Will Harris, Jake Gordon (c), Ben Donaldson, James Ramm, Lalakai Foketi, Izaia Perese, Alex Newsome, Jack Maddocks

Reserves: Tom Horton, Te Tera Faulkner, Darcy Breen, Sam Caird, Jeremy Williams, Charlie Gamble, Jack Grant, Tane Edmed

INs: Lachlan Swinton, Ben Donaldson, Sam Caird
    OUTs: Michael Wood, Will Harrison, Mark Nawaqanitawase

vCash
    Does anyone know if the 2 tickets for $50 for the last 2 games is still on? I can't see it on the website

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Does anyone know if the 2 tickets for $50 for the last 2 games is still on? I can't see it on the website
    I got a text about it on Monday, maybe give the Force a ring to check.

vCash
    Tnx Ham. Pretty close to our best possible. Also a little suss with Kahui on the wing. But Godwin and Kuridrani are out best midfield, so looks like the coaches think RK is OK on the flank for his D.
    I think the Tahs will go OK. Force by 10.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    What's up with Lezana? Is he injured? I thought he was great last week - got through a ton of tackles and made a few useful carries

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    What's up with Lezana? Is he injured? I thought he was great last week - got through a ton of tackles and made a few useful carries

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    The "heartlands" are revolting!

Batger spray hits nerve as Waratahs defend picking Donaldson over Edmed....

Waratahs co-coach Chris Whitaker has backed new starting five-eighth Ben Donaldson to step up for NSW against the Western Force this weekend but refused to be drawn into a slanging match with Eastwood coach Ben Batger, who was angered by the decision to overlook Tane Edmed for the No.10 jersey.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...15-p57jjr.html

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast