Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Tahs HBP Park 2021

Champion
    vCash
    Why am I surprised to read this in the Sydney Moaning Herald. I seem to remember we were penalised a number of times for offside. Didn't hear Tim complaining.

It’s gut-wrenching’: Miffed Waratahs to examine angles of critical penalties
    By Sam Phillips
    April 18, 2021 — 6.09pm

After a second consecutive “gut-wrenching” loss, the Waratahs will examine all angles of critical penalties before deciding whether they will ask Rugby Australia referees boss Mitch Chapman for an official explanation.
    The Force leapfrogged the Rebels into third on the Super Rugby AU ladder and kept the Waratahs winless when five-eighth Domingo Miotti kicked a post-siren penalty goal to claim a thrilling 31-30 win.
    Referee Amy Perrett, who appeared to have been tipped by a sideline official, ruled NSW centre Izaia Perese was offside before blowing the decisive penalty. It was one of a handful of calls which left the Waratahs privately seething.
    Lachlan Swinton was shown a yellow card for a “tip tackle” early in the first half which cost the Waratahs 10 points and Charlie Gamble was also penalised in questionable circumstances prior to Jordan Olowofela’s 72nd minute try.
    Assistant coach Matt Cockbain told the Herald the calls “could have gone either way”.
    “There was certainly some stuff that there that we will look at. Izzy (Perese) was running back. He was retreating. They put him on and then he comes forward,” Cockbain said.
    “The (Swinton) card, for one, I don’t want to comment too much on it but that could have gone either way, let’s say.
    “When Lachie was penalised for the extra roll, I thought he was just in the process of trying to push the ball back. I don’t think he tried to gain anything from it.”
    The Waratahs coaching staff will examine all available angles on Monday before interim co-coaches Jason Gilmore and Chris Whitaker decide to ask for a formal explanation from Chapman.
    “That will be the choice of those guys this week. They may have a chat to Mitch Chapman about it but it will be up to them. We will talk about it as a coaching group if there’s an approach to be made,” Cockbain said.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Why am I surprised to read this in the Sydney Moaning Herald. I seem to remember we were penalised a number of times for offside. Didn't hear Tim complaining.

By Sam Phillips
    April 18, 2021 — 6.09pm

After a second consecutive “gut-wrenching” loss, the Waratahs will examine all angles of critical penalties before deciding whether they will ask Rugby Australia referees boss Mitch Chapman for an official explanation.
    The Force leapfrogged the Rebels into third on the Super Rugby AU ladder and kept the Waratahs winless when five-eighth Domingo Miotti kicked a post-siren penalty goal to claim a thrilling 31-30 win.
    Referee Amy Perrett, who appeared to have been tipped by a sideline official, ruled NSW centre Izaia Perese was offside before blowing the decisive penalty. It was one of a handful of calls which left the Waratahs privately seething.
    Lachlan Swinton was shown a yellow card for a “tip tackle” early in the first half which cost the Waratahs 10 points and Charlie Gamble was also penalised in questionable circumstances prior to Jordan Olowofela’s 72nd minute try.
    Assistant coach Matt Cockbain told the Herald the calls “could have gone either way”.
    “There was certainly some stuff that there that we will look at. Izzy (Perese) was running back. He was retreating. They put him on and then he comes forward,” Cockbain said.
    “The (Swinton) card, for one, I don’t want to comment too much on it but that could have gone either way, let’s say.
    “When Lachie was penalised for the extra roll, I thought he was just in the process of trying to push the ball back. I don’t think he tried to gain anything from it.”
    The Waratahs coaching staff will examine all available angles on Monday before interim co-coaches Jason Gilmore and Chris Whitaker decide to ask for a formal explanation from Chapman.
    “That will be the choice of those guys this week. They may have a chat to Mitch Chapman about it but it will be up to them. We will talk about it as a coaching group if there’s an approach to be made,” Cockbain said.
    The words ‘clutching at straws’ come to mind. Suck it up like we’ve had to all these years, NSW.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    FFS!
    Well good luck next week Rebs with this one LOL!

vCash
    I thought the ref was ignoring their offsides all night but pinging is at every opportunity, so i reckon the tahs are trying to trade their significant majority at board level for even more lenience towards their illegal play.

Tbh I hope it works and a strong directive is issued to next week's ref to make sure the tahs don't finish the season winless, they would the only Australian team to do so, clearly.

If they could manage to win by more than seven that'd be even better, but we still need to at least draw with the Reds for that to mean anything.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    They can look at the scrum collapse 5m out that should of been a penalty to the Force when the Tahs prop lost his bind but was ruled a reset. The Tahs then got a penalty the next scrum and scored a try.

Also the shoulder charge to knock Kane out of bounds.

Swings and roundabouts.

Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post

By Sam Phillips
    April 18, 2021 — 6.09pm

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I thought the ref was ignoring their offsides all night but pinging is at every opportunity, so i reckon the tahs are trying to trade their significant majority at board level for even more lenience towards their illegal play.

Tbh I hope it works and a strong directive is issued to next week's ref to make sure the tahs don't finish the season winless, they would the only Australian team to do so, clearly.

If they could manage to win by more than seven that'd be even better, but we still need to at least draw with the Reds for that to mean anything.
    You sure about that, Gigs? We're on 14 points and the Rebels 12, so a win by the Waratahs with a losing bonus point to the Rebels would only give them 13 points; we'd still be ahead even if we get nothing from the Reds game.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    T

My understanding is if the Rebels lose to the Tahs we are through irrespective of our result as they are 2 behind us, as long as the do not get two bonus points one for less than seven and score three tries more

Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeansyjive View Post
    They can look at the scrum collapse 5m out that should of been a penalty to the Force when the Tahs prop lost his bind but was ruled a reset. The Tahs then got a penalty the next scrum and scored a try.
    I didn't see anything too out of order either way apart from that. It was right in front of us. It was impossible to see how she thought it should be a reset. Apart from the bind issue they had already been driven a few meters backward before collapsing.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    You sure about that, Gigs? We're on 14 points and the Rebels 12, so a win by the Waratahs with a losing bonus point to the Rebels would only give them 13 points; we'd still be ahead even if we get nothing from the Reds game.
    Didn't they get a bonus point v Brumbies meaning were only one ahead?(Gotta confess, haven't looked at the ladder)

C'mon the

vCash
    Didn't they get a bonus point v Brumbies meaning were only one ahead?(Gotta confess, haven't looked at the ladder)
    This suggests that they are still 2 points behind after the match with the Brumbies, so unless, as Tazzmania suggests, they get both a try bonus point and losing bonus point, a Waratahs win would see us into the finals.

Of course, winning on Friday night against the Reds would also see us into the finals!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Player
    vCash
    Complaining to the Ref boss ......what a load of bollocks . While they’re there they can ask about the collapsed scrum 5m out under both the Refs and AR noses...,,, and all the angles of the Force offsides . .....Wankers....from all angles...,

Last edited by bootsetal06; 19-04-21 at 08:30.

vCash
    A bit pf balance from Paul Cully. This piece is in the on-line WA Today but strangely (?) is absent from SMH.....

Killer penalty was cruel but consistent.

The Waratahs will naturally feel a little hard done by after referee Amy Perrett blew a late offside penalty in Perth, but the match officials were simply delivering what coaches constantly call for: consistency. In fact, the Waratahs were given a get-out-of-jail card in the same part of the field only minutes earlier, when the Force were penalised for offside after a Waratahs lineout. As we appeal for refs to create space in rugby. There has to be a tool for them to reward the attacking team if they build multiple phases and put pressure on the defence. If you watch the final phases again, the tired Waratahs were starting to creep offside at a couple of phases before the actual penalty, when replacement hooker Tom Horton and midfielder Izaia Perese slow to retreat. It’s also crucial to remember that referees are looking for players to be obviously onside this year. Perrett’s call was a tough one — but it was no travesty.

I hope the rest of his piece is on the money and the baby Tahs improvement bears fruit next Saturday.

https://www.watoday.com.au/sport/rug...18-p57k8e.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I hope they ask for the review and it ends up highlighting these other issues and makes them look worse then they appeared, as Ali said, clutching at straws and it's a pleasure to watch.

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Nice bit of recognition for Kane Koteka in the SMH, after an outstanding but underrated season so far.

Name:  Kane K.png
Views: 627
Size:  15.0 KB

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...18-p57k8e.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Have to say the crowd was a bit disappointing on Saturday at less than 10K. Was expecting much more than 10K with restrictions removed, in a rare game where we were favourites to win and playing for a final spot in perfect weather.

Hopefully there's a bit more promotion and advertising for the game around town this week and we can get a bumper crowd in to help the boys pull off a big upset.

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast