Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Westerrn Force v Melbourne Rebels - AAMI Park Melbourne Friday 9 April 2021

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Nick Taylors article in The West with John McKee saying “pick & drives haven’t been achieving very much (ya think!?)so they’tweaked a few things for attack”
    Is McKee in charge of attack? Thought Sambo was the attack coach. I’d really like to see them play as confident & creative in attack that we used to see in NRC games. They’re a better team than the Rebs which makes the losses more disgusting. I see Naisarani is back in - will pbly be used as a battering ram again, and Cameron as well.
    Does not appear that Nasarani and Cameron are back as yet, but I am sure they will use Faamausili as the battering ram.

REBELS (1-15): Cabous Eloff, James Hanson, Pone Faamausili, Rob Leota, Trevor Hosea, Josh Kemeny, Richard Hardwick, Michael Wells, Joe Powell, Matt To'omua (c), Marika Koroibete, Lewis Holland, Stacey Ili, Frank Lomani, Reece Hodge

Reserves: Jordan Uelese, Matt Gibbon, Lucio Sordoni, Steve Cummins, Brad Wilkin, James Tuttle, Tom Pincus, Jeral Skelton

INs: Lucio Sordoni, Brad Wilkin

OUT: Albert Anae, Thomas Nowlan

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Anyone know who makes the decisions on selection? Is it just the coaches or does the CEO or anyone else have a say too? Who has the final decision?
    It is very hard us as supporters with our favourites players to fully grasp the dynamics in what it takes to pick a team, remember that the coaches have more to lose than we do, they are judged by their selections and how well their selections play on the given day.

We need to have faith in the coach and his selectors and be mindful that thier decisions are based on a number of criteria:
    * Injuries
    * Intended game plan
    * How to combat the oppositions likely gameplan
    * Combinations
    * Bench impact and possible replacemnets if injuries occur in the game.
    * Players current state of mind

I am sure their decisions are not based on five minute player highlight reels but rather what they see on the training paddock, their attitude, who fits in with as many of the factors mentioned above.

Lets give Tim and his team the support they deserve and back their decisions.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

vCash
    Why-picking-the-best-players-does-not-always-make-the-best-team:

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/04/0...the-best-team/

Just saw this article on The Roar by Nicholas Bishop while it is about the Reds it supports what I have said above about selections.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    If Tim Anstee hasn't been selected in the run-on side this season....... I have a theory.

As a Member of the Australian 7's Squad since 2016. Anstee would have developed his physical conditioning suited to that style of play. 7 Minutes of high output energy. This followed by 2 minutes of recovery and 7 Minutes of High output energy.

The transition to 15s Rugby at the Super Rugby or the Test Level requires a completely different Engine and Fuel Tank. I am no fitness guru nor am I the picture of health.

The point I am trying to make is that perhaps Anstee isn't capable of 60-80 minutes of 15 a-side Rugby. YET.

This isn't a criticism. I am a huge fan of his work effort. I believe that he will be a Wallaby in the very near future.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Anstee started against the Waratahs, played the full 80 from memory and absolutely killed it.
    Picked up an injury that game, but it wasn't fatigue related.

Hasn't been given a starting jersey since coming back from that shoulder injury quite a few weeks ago now.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Anstee started against the Waratahs, played the full 80 from memory and absolutely killed it.
    Picked up an injury that game, but it wasn't fatigue related.

Hasn't been given a starting jersey since coming back from that shoulder injury quite a few weeks ago now.
    I guess I will just go over to the corner here and shut up

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    it will be difficult for me to pick them this week,what do you think Snob,lol

vCash
    I saw that rarest of creatures in the city today.. a Melbourne Rebels supporter.. replete in Supporter's polo shirt.. how odd

vCash
    There seems to be a few things that have been missing so far in the feedback regarding this team.

+ I reckon it's absolutely fantastic to see local lad Kyle Godwin back in the squad and see him made Captain - what a great honour.
    + Really pleased to see Grayson Makara getting a go off the bench - and a chance to get his 1st SR cap.
    + Very excited by the prospect of seeing all 4 Argentinians get a chance of showing us what they have got when able to hunt as a pack.
    + Have been hanging out to see Cubelli and Miotti together.
    + Don't think that we've seen enough of Lezana to know what he's really got to offer.
    + Obviously either Reddy or Winchester are carrying a niggle.
    + Obviously either Anstee or Stander are carrying a niggle.
    + Or in the case for one/or both Tim's just trying to get into Blood's head.
    + I haven't forgotten that we've only won a single game from 5 outings.
    + I'm tired of losing to the Rebels.
    + Don't care who's making the team selection - but it's about time we saw some of the wider squad getting selected.
    + It's time to start trying something different - as the plans so far haven't worked.
    + I'd love to see us try some real attacking rugby - even if we lose again

GO YOU FORCE!!!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 07-04-21 at 21:01.

vCash
    Anstee started against the Waratahs, played the full 80 from memory and absolutely killed it.Picked up an injury that game, but it wasn't fatigue related.Hasn't been given a starting jersey since coming back from that shoulder injury quite a few weeks ago now.
    And after posting that very clear indication of what might be causing the coaching staff to ease him back in.......

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Going to upset the public but I’m going to have to go the Rabble.
    But I will risk a tenner of real money!

-1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Rebels have gone hard at the breakdown with the selection of Leota at 4, so that could open up some opportunities at lineout for us. With Thrush, Timani and FLW we should be able to put some pressure on their lineout and hopefully get a few steals. Might also be an opportunity to push with rolling mauls.

Will definitely need to be wary of their pressure at the breakdown though...

vCash
    Rebels have gone hard at the breakdown with the selection of Leota at 4, so that could open up some opportunities at lineout for us. With Thrush, Timani and FLW we should be able to put some pressure on their lineout and hopefully get a few steals. Might also be an opportunity to push with rolling mauls. Will definitely need to be wary of their pressure at the breakdown though...
    We need to exert breakdown pressure of our own, that's been the big work on in our defenseWe can probably afford to push for it, since theyr a bit lighter in the pack.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    Old habits die hard! Just realised I put all my Vcash on a Force win! Only meant to put real cash on the Force!
    I’d be a lot closer to you Gunny if I hadn’t missed a weeks tips!

May the FORCE be with you!

Senior Player
    vCash
    C'mon boys. Still on this.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast