Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Westerrn Force v Melbourne Rebels - AAMI Park Melbourne Friday 9 April 2021

vCash
    "Well done Skipper - good job"
    The look of a relieved and winning Captain.
    Well done Kyle.
    I reckon that he will develop into a very good Captain.
    The motivation may well help him reach his potential.

Name:  169949479_10157728815681199_3139603979021844121_n.jpg
Views: 1129
Size:  127.6 KB

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Player
    vCash
    I think we can give the Reds a run at home ... tonight’s game should give a good insight into how to play them . I’d like to see both TK and JO used on the angle at 10 . They both had a good game last night and looked dangerous. Cmon Force !

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Great game, and a great win. Kearney, McDonald, Lance and Abra seemed to enjoy watching the game and the crowds reactions at yesterday, most of them were clearly suffering from iron deficiencies and were busy loading with pints of Guinness

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Probably correct. But the form guide is not always a good predictor results. I had the same thought before the previous match at Suncorp. I think the stogy defensive game of the Force and the Rebels can drag the Reds into a scrap - sometimes. Both have gone within an inch of taking them down. The Brums are a different outfit. They can play up-tempo but are pretty good in a dock yard brawl too.

The banana skin game for us could be the Tahs. While their D can fall apart in the latter part of games, they can be quite good with the ball at times. Our boys will have to stifle that from the get-go. I suspect their young guns are capable of further improvement and might be good front-runners.
    Yes-the last thing the Force should do is get cocky. Tahs have a sprinkling of young talent which hasn’t been messed with yet, and my cynical hat says all sorts of things will be done to ensure the Tahs get an easier ride -just sayin’. Channel 9 must be kicking themselves for giving so much airtime to the Tahs this season, looks like its backfiring as far as viewers/crowds go, and money talks.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    I reckon a paraphrased version may have been sung/slurred by Innforcers in Turf Bar after beating the rabble 10 years ago

vCash
    I'm not sure we actually played and won yesterday. The WA Today, SMH & Brisbane Times didn't mention anything. Even Chief Rabble Correspondent, Roy Ward at The Age didn't say a dickie. They are all stuffed with stories of the cellar dwelling Tahs.
    Great promotion of your "product" Fairfax.

Champion
    vCash
    Western Force breath life into Super Rugby campaign with thrilling 16-15 win over arch-rivals Melbourne Rebels
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Sat, 10 April 2021 10:00AM

Western Force breathed life into their Super Rugby campaign with the nail biting 16-15 win over arch rivals Melbourne Rebels.
    They are not getting carried away with Friday night’s grudge match victory that put them into finals contention with home games against the Waratahs and Reds ahead.
    But there was a feeling of relief that they finally broke through against the Rebels after three narrow losses since returning to Super Rugby.
    They clinched it in the 77th minute when flanker Tim Anstee went over from a line-out maul and fly-half Domingo Miotti slotted the conversion..
    It put the Force ahead for the first time after trailing by five penalties to three, but there was still plenty of drama to come.
    After 24 Rebels phases from the re-start the Force won a turnover but fullback Jack McGregor failed to find touch after the siren.
    Another 12 phases later and Reece Hodge’s long-range field goal effort sailed wide to finally bring the game to an end.
    Prop Tom Robertson said they had set a good foundation for a run to the finals.
    “I can’t state enough how important getting that win was,” Robertson said.
    “It is a great foundation, we’re not getting carried away, not getting ahead of ourselves, but everything is achievable.
    “We have big games coming up and we need to play well.”
    Robertson, who was subbed after 70 minutes, praised the replacements.
    “The finishers that came off the bench won that game for us,” he said.
    “They got the try and the heart they showed in the last three or four minutes when we were defending showed the belief we have.
    “Even down to the last couple of minutes we believed we could win and that’s a lot to do with the guys that came off the bench.”
    The Force scrum matched the bigger Rebels pack but the line-out malfunctioned at crucial times.
    “The scrum felt good but the line-out was not up to scratch,” Robertson said.
    “We let ourselves down with a few executions but they are things within our control.
    “I’m sure we’ll get them right.”
    Force coach Tim Sampson said the defensive effort, that saw the Force put in 181 tackles - twice as many as the Rebels - was the best performance of the season.
    “We were together, we were tight, we trusted each other, we trusted our system. It was outstanding but we were frustrated with out attack,” he said.
    “Losing key moments at set-piece around the line-out hurts our pack.
    “We hadn’t challenged them but I was confident we were going to get over when we finally got down there.
    “You start to get things going your way and you get crucial penalties but we earned the right to that.”

vCash
    I'm not sure we actually played and won yesterday. The WA Today, SMH & Brisbane Times didn't mention anything. Even Chief Rabble Correspondent, Roy Ward at The Age didn't say a dickie. They are all stuffed with stories of the cellar dwelling Tahs.
    Great promotion of your "product" Fairfax.
    So; there is actually a reason for this. It's all hidden away amongst the Tahs drivel - apparently we don't actually exist, at the SMH.

The Waratahs are set to welcome Lachlan Swinton straight back into their starting XV ahead of their two best chances to ensure they’re not the first Australian Super Rugby side to finish a season without a win.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...11-p57i9b.html

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Swintons a thug-should be easy to bank on a yellow card. Oh wait......the Tahs have already won the game.

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    So; there is actually a reason for this. It's all hidden away amongst the Tahs drivel - apparently we don't actually exist, at the SMH.

The Waratahs are set to welcome Lachlan Swinton straight back into their starting XV ahead of their two best chances to ensure they’re not the first Australian Super Rugby side to finish a season without a win.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...11-p57i9b.html
    Hang on, didnt we finish last season without a win? They wont even let us claim a wooden spoon!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Hang on, didnt we finish last season without a win? They wont even let us claim a wooden spoon!
    Were not counted as an Australian super rugby team by the smh

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Swintons a thug-should be easy to bank on a yellow card. Oh wait......the Tahs have already won the game.
    We need to start anstee, because he ran right over the top of Swinton to score last game.

C'mon the

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6