Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Force injury update

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Force injury update

April 1, 2021

Homegrown star Kyle Godwin is nearing his long-awaited return to the field, while a number of players continue to work back to full fitness.

Kyle Godwin (foot)

Having missed the opening five Force matches of the Super Rugby AU campaign with a foot injury, Godwin is back running. The capped Wallabies centre is set to join the team training sessions across the Easter long weekend.

Richard Kahui (concussion)

Having left the field against the Queensland Reds at Suncorp Stadium in Round 5 after sustaining a concussion, the World Cup-winning All Black has continued to follow the Return to Play protocol and if no signs or symptoms of concussion are shown could be considered for selection for the Round 8 clash against the Melbourne Rebels at AAMI Park.

Rob Kearney (adductor)

The superstar Irish fullback, who missed last week’s match in the capital against the ACT Brumbies with an adductor injury, is continuing his rehab program and will be looking to rejoin team training sessions after the bye week.

Greg Holmes (ribs)

The former Wallabies prop, who earned his 150th Super Rugby cap in front of friends and family against his former side the Reds a fortnight ago, exited the field early against the Brumbies with a rib injury. Holmes’ injury will be monitored and will likely rejoin team training after the bye week.

Toni Pulu (hamstring)

The speedster is continuing to recover from a hamstring injury sustained against the Rebels at HBF Park and will be pushing for selection after the Round 8 match against the Rebels.

Jake McIntyre (hamstring)

The playmaker is continuing to recover well from a hamstring injury suffered last week against the Brumbies and will continue to be monitored by the club’s physio and medical team.

https://www.westernforce.com.au/force-injury-update/

It appears someone at HQ has been checking out TWF and heard the cries for injury updates

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Reading that as objectively as I can

Godwin Kearney pulu and Holmes, potential but unlikely for the rebels

Kahui likely

McIntyre looks like it might be an extended break

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post

It appears someone at HQ has been checking out TWF and heard the cries for injury updates

No mention of KBomb. If he's OK I'd really be wondering why he's not getting a spot on the pine. Our scrum seems to suffer a bit when the finishers come on.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    And if McIntyre is out -Jono in., then I assume Miotti will get more minutes. He went well in club rugby trial games?

vCash
    Does anyone know what the concussion test consists of? Saw an interview the other day of an NRL coach say he was glad he didn’t have to do it.
    BTW anyone know what the players are being given during the game like small shots, is it glucose or salts? Noticed it a few times this year.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Does anyone know what the concussion test consists of? Saw an interview the other day of an NRL coach say he was glad he didn’t have to do it.BTW anyone know what the players are being given during the game like small shots, is it glucose or salts? Noticed it a few times this year.
    Drew Mitchel has repeatedly called it pickle juice, I think the branding on the title confirms that, it's an electrolyte replacement product.Seems to be pretty ubiquitous

C'mon the

vCash
    Supposed to combat dehydration and alleviate cramps. I was having cramping issues a whole back with swimming. A nightly magnesium pill seems to work OK. Dont fancy pickle juice.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Does anyone know what the concussion test consists of? Saw an interview the other day of an NRL coach say he was glad he didn’t have to do it.
    Hodgo told us that the concussion test was quite easy to beat. However, I suppose that the tests may have improved since 2017.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    Hodgo told us that the concussion test was quite easy to beat. However, I suppose that the tests may have improved since 2017.
    I would hope so. Given all the research into the long term effects of head injuries, I don’t think beating a concussion test is something that should be easy. Nor anything to brag about.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    The only person that you are hurting by beating the Concussion Test. Long Term. Is yourself.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Drew Mitchel has repeatedly called it pickle juice, I think the branding on the title confirms that, it's an electrolyte replacement product.Seems to be pretty ubiquitous
    A bit off topic; but for anybody interested, I stumbled across this in the SMH today. There might be something in that stuff, but I'll be sticking with the magnesium.....

Sugar, salt, exercise: the truth about improving athletic performance

https://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/hea...30-p57feh.html

vCash
    I'd prefer to have Matt Hodgson's comment in its full context.

Perhaps it was something like: "We need to come up with something better, as the current test is too easy to beat"?????

But what the hell - in this current, ready to condemn climate in which we live:
    GUILTY - what a horrible thing to say!!!!

I'm trying to think back to the time when we were always ready to build up rather than tear down.
    I don't think that it was all that long ago......
    Maybe it's our media like our ABC which keeps serving up its menu of division, dissent and derision?

vCash
    Why single out Aunty? They're all the same, if not much worse. And more importantly, they give us air time and broadcast Rugby.

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    I'm curious, what in particular about the ABC do you have a problem with?

I have found it is one of the few remaining sources of journalism that is not completely biased.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I'm curious, what in particular about the ABC do you have a problem with?

I have found it is one of the few remaining sources of journalism that is not completely biased.
    Let's just agree to disagree.

My view doesn't stop with the ABC......
    It's getting harder to get good news (as different to opinion) or investigative journalism.
    Lazy journalism grabbing videos out of the USA and seeking the "wow" factor or providing infotainment.

So glad that rugby is now available on streaming sources - thanks Kayo, Stan etc.

Fake News.

Name:  2020-11-08_8-06-31.jpg
Views: 1109
Size:  98.0 KB

Last edited by andrewg; 03-04-21 at 15:58.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast