Thread: Western Force Women Launch

Senior Player
    vCash

Western Force Women Launch

Western Force launch Super W team
    April 1, 2021
    The Western Force is proud to announce a newly structured Super W team, as the club increases its support for the women’s game in Western Australia.

The Force has named Wayne Walden, who was previously the development coach for the RugbyWA Super W side, as head coach.

“It’s an honour and a privilege to be coaching the Western Force Super W team and representing WA,” Walden explained.

“A lot of hard work has gone in to make this a reality and I’m really excited to get to work with the squad ahead of what promises to be a fantastic competition this year.

“We’ve got a strong and dedicated team of coaches and players here and this season presents a great opportunity for all of us.”

Walden will be joined by an experienced coaching staff, including assistant coaches Junior Muna and Callum Payne, as well as former Wallaroo Natashia Haines, who has been appointed as the development coach.

Wayne Walden Super W Head Coach

Another key move has been the appointment of Beth Whaanga as the program manager. With a wealth of knowledge gained during her time as a coach with Queensland Rugby Union, Whaanga is thrilled to be a part of this new journey with the Force.

“This is a significant step in the right direction for the women’s game in WA and we’re delighted to have a Super W team under the Force banner,” Whaanga said.

“This is just the beginning and to have Wallaroos players such as Arianna Hira-Herangi and Trilleen Pomare in the squad, as well as former Wallaroo Natasha Haines as the development coach, the quality and standards will be at the level the team deserves.”

Head of rugby Matt Hodgson echoed Whaanga’s thoughts.

“To have our Super W team fully aligned the Western Force name and brand is crucial and we’re delighted to have this come to fruition,” Hodgson said.

“We have a passionate team involved and we’ll be working tirelessly to ensure the highest standards of professionalism are maintained in order to grow the women’s game in WA.”

Details regarding the competition dates and structure will be released soon.

Pictured above (top to bottom): Wallaroo and WA star Trilleen Pomare and Western Force Super W Head Coach Wayne Walden
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/west...-super-w-team/

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Awesome news, well done to all involved, this will be the envy of other teams in time

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Just FYI - this is entirely funded, run and organised by RugbyWA. The Force have allowed the team to use the Force name, but it is not a Force team as such.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Just FYI - this is entirely funded, run and organised by RugbyWA. The Force have allowed the team to use the Force name, but it is not a Force team as such.
    I really don't think I care. Hopefully the professional arm are providing ample assistance

C'mon the

vCash
    Just making the point that even though that media release makes it sound like another Andrew Forrest rescue package, it’s actually RugbyWA - i.e. the community rugby community - who’ve got this particular show on the road and are driving it.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    I get what you are saying but it doesn’t mention any clubs in that press release. Would be great if they listed oh I dont know Kala or Wanneroo who played in the final last year especially with Trilleen or Ariana mentioned in the release.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    I get what you are saying but it doesn’t mention any clubs in that press release. Would be great if they listed oh I dont know Kala or Wanneroo who played in the final last year especially with Trilleen or Ariana mentioned in the release.
    Totally agree. The media release was put out by the Force without any liaison with RugbyWA.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Just making the point that even though that media release makes it sound like another Andrew Forrest rescue package, it’s actually RugbyWA - i.e. the community rugby community - who’ve got this particular show on the road and are driving it.
    Andrew Forest grandstanding to look good without giving credit to the people actually putting in for this to successful.

You would never have guessed.

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    And then the scales fell from their eyes.

He was just another naughty boy after all.