Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Penny gone

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Sorry bloke; April fool jokes are only kosher till midday.
    I posted it as soon as I found it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...01-p57g0c.html Increasing beat ups about cheika going in as director of rugby with grey as head coach.

IMHO, that will kill the tahs for a decade

Also, after watching Stan's waratah special it looks to me like cheika is angling for a spot on the board. It makes a whole lot more sense, all the power, zero accountability. Exactly the way he wanted it all along

C'mon the

vCash
    Tahs display a bit of heart vs the Brumbies. Should we be worried?

If Cooper is reffing I'd say fuck yes we should. He did literally everything within his power to give the tahs a leg up.

The ref who is most prepared to do what it takes to further his career strikes again.

C'mon the

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Tahs display a bit of heart vs the Brumbies. Should we be worried?

If Cooper is reffing I'd say fuck yes we should. He did literally everything within his power to give the tahs a leg up.

The ref who is most prepared to do what it takes to further his career strikes again.
    tend to agree-the scrums are a -lottery with him-you are going to know every second scrum is going to result in a penalty,but to whom?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    tend to agree-the scrums are a -lottery with him-you are going to know every second scrum is going to result in a penalty,but to whom?
    First scrum, penalty to the tahs, apparently the Brumbies collapsed and somehow the tahs beat them to the ground?I think for me it's the non-calls that he makes, Gordon nearly scores a try from a defensive pickup exactly the same as one Cooper penalised Cinelli for, the maul seems to go whichever way will further the refs career, there's a lot of inconsistency there, but it always seems to help whatever rugby Australia want to see.

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Gigs the brumbies got away with a lot in the first half. One chopped the legs of a rolling maul which would've been a certain try. Have a look at the pass in goal by White after the Tahs were attacking the line, neck minnit try to the Brumbies. We were lucky to knock over the Tahs in the first round, if we dont improve our attack we'll give them their first win.

vCash
    Coopers problem is he thinks he's reffing a Cottesloe game and the Force aren't Cottesloe.

vCash
    Check this out.

Fox Sport drawing the longest bow in world history by suggesting that Simon Cron will coach the tahs despite being contracted next year, Not applying and not being approached

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...9988072a14f361

The story also suggests that they will choose a head coach, then a Director of Rugby or General Manager (knowing the Tahs administration, this is highly likely, it's also likely that they will appoint both supplementary roles, in the worst possible order and pick the worst possible candidates because "they're good blokes")

To appoint a coach who hasn't expressed any interest in the job whilst paying out his Japanese contract and THEN appoint the bloke who's going to be his boss (presumably with the coach being a key voice in the appointment panel) all based upon the idea that the captain who abandoned them at the worst possible time likes him is classic tail wagging the dog policy which could only be dreamed up by the NSWRU

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Check this out.

Fox Sport drawing the longest bow in world history by suggesting that Simon Cron will coach the tahs despite being contracted next year, Not applying and not being approached

https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/r...9988072a14f361

The story also suggests that they will choose a head coach, then a Director of Rugby or General Manager (knowing the Tahs administration, this is highly likely, it's also likely that they will appoint both supplementary roles, in the worst possible order and pick the worst possible candidates because "they're good blokes")

To appoint a coach who hasn't expressed any interest in the job whilst paying out his Japanese contract and THEN appoint the bloke who's going to be his boss (presumably with the coach being a key voice in the appointment panel) all based upon the idea that the captain who abandoned them at the worst possible time likes him is classic tail wagging the dog policy which could only be dreamed up by the NSWRU
    Mind boggling!

Michael Hooper returns from Japan, having not played a single Super game in Australia this year and is immediately anointed Wallaby captain and is now apparently having a big hand in in appointing his Tahs coach for next year. Tough luck on any other openside flankers who played their hearts out in Australia Super teams or NSW this year, if they fancied getting much game time for the Wallabies this year or Tahs next year.

What has happened to Carlo Tizzano? After being regarded as their best player by many pundits ? Since Penney got sacked, Tizzano has not even appeared on the bench for the Tahs. Is he injured?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    What has happened to Carlo Tizzano? After being regarded as their best player by many pundits ? Since Penney got sacked, Tizzano has not even appeared on the bench for the Tahs. Is he injured?
    Probably more to do with the coaches being quite aware that you have to keep the boardroom sharks happy lest you get bitten.

He doesn't come from the right suburb/club/school so he's not likely to even be given a contract next year. I haven't really been following the Tahs (beyond checking how many points they get beaten by) has their effectiveness at the breakdown changed since he hasn't been getting game time?

C'mon the

vCash
    Check this out.
    Never mind the bollocks; read the next story down the page about Leicester's Tom Youngs. Talk about wanna ruck.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...29-p5856p.html

Talking Darren Colemen up as Tahs coach,

Apparently he has so many contacts in NSW and everybody in SRU loves him.

The story I've heard is that he bought Gordon their title and I assume similar things about Warringah.

He can turn the Tahs around in 1 year for sure, but how's he going to do that when he has a salary cap, a dearth of talent in the recruitment pool and an organisation that only wants to keep money to pay it's administrators.

He won't be able to afford the players he needs to rebuild the Waratahs and all the fan favourites (like dead-head Swinton etc) will be shown the door.

I predict one of two outcomes
    1 Coleman does what he was recruited to do and turns the Tahs into a winning team, but in doing so denudes all the quality playing talent from all other teams, bankrupts the organisation and pisses off NSW rugby people even more

2 Coleman obeys the directions of his masters and picks those players who somebody in the swamp have on their good boys list, ensuring yet another winless season for the tahs.

I guess there's always option 3, Coleman is told what he is allowed to do and walks early in the contract knowing that he's only a whipping boy for the higher ups to use to cover up their ineptitude.

C'mon the

vCash
    Actually the more rugby news I read today, the more option 3 seems likely

Walked out on Gordon for the Giltinis job
    Walked out on Giltinis for the Tahs job

I'm not sure who he walked out on for the Gordon job but he's looking like a serial Will Genia

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    ‘My dream job': Waratahs confirm Coleman appointment
    Tom Decent 3 hrs ago

The Waratahs have confirmed the appointment of Darren Coleman as the franchise's new head coach on a three-year deal.

As first revealed by the Herald on Saturday, Coleman is set to fill the void left by Rob Penney when he was sacked in March.

Coleman, who is the coach of the LA Giltinis, edged John Manenti, John Mulvihill and John McKee in the final rounds of interviews to claim what he said was a "dream job".

The news has received widespread praise in Sydney club rugby circles.

"I'm passionate about the opportunity to coach the Waratahs," Coleman said in a statement. "I'm coming home to what I regard as my dream job, one I've been preparing for over many years.

"I also know that this role comes with an enormous responsibility to establish a winning team that will proudly represent the people of NSW as a collective of the professional and community game.

"We have a great deal of work to do to regain our place as the best provincial rugby team in the country. That means a team that Waratahs members and fans are proud of and the team that every rugby-loving kid in NSW wants to play for as they are growing up.

"I want our players to get back their love of the game, to rebuild their confidence in themselves and in the team. I want them to bring back that winning culture at the Waratahs."

New Waratahs chairman Tony Crawford said Coleman was a standout candidate.

"Darren impressed the board, our high performance committee and others we consulted including Rugby Australia and former players who assisted us in reaching this decision," Crawford said.

"We had a strong list of applicants for the position with many of them being Australian coaches and our shortlist reflected the depth of quality coaches in Australian rugby.

"In the end, Darren impressed us the most with his drive and passion for the job and his commitment to making the NSW Waratahs the leading team in the country.

"As a result of that extensive process, the board was able to reach a unanimous decision to appoint Darren as the 11th Super Rugby coach of the NSW Waratahs in our 25 years of professional rugby."

Coleman will begin at the Waratahs when his commitments in LA are finished in August and after two weeks of quarantine on return to Sydney.

He will address the media via Zoom on Thursday.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/sport/rugb...?ocid=msedgntp

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Can we get a book in how long he'll last in the job?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast