Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Is Anybody Still Around?

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecky View Post
    Don't go to 4 teams. Focus on depth in those you have.
    We have too many players for just 3 teams with a significant portion of the lads just starting out or not quite at the level (whether skill or confidence) for prems and reserves (rugby at the end of the day, is not just for the elites). last year was similar and guys in 3rds were getting very little game time at all which doesn't help their development. Although we have lost a couple from last year, we do seem to have a little more depth up at the pointy end this year which does bode well.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGOAT View Post
    We have too many players for just 3 teams with a significant portion of the lads just starting out or not quite at the level (whether skill or confidence) for prems and reserves (rugby at the end of the day, is not just for the elites). last year was similar and guys in 3rds were getting very little game time at all which doesn't help their development. Although we have lost a couple from last year, we do seem to have a little more depth up at the pointy end this year which does bode well.
    3 x seniors and colts side ?

Surely enough players under 21 to field a colts side , colts then bench for Ressie and Prems

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wjm View Post
    3 x seniors and colts side ?

Surely enough players under 21 to field a colts side , colts then bench for Ressie and Prems
    I am not sure how many under 21s we have registered, it will be worth me bringing it up. There is only a tiny percentage that actually go to the uni, the uni does very little (if anything) to help us on that front. I'm hopeful that if we can string together a decent season then we will be able to capture those students who do play rugby. (I believe there are a number that study at curtin and play rugby elsewhere).

Rookie
    vCash
    If anyone’s on Instagram follow @rugbywa_memes they seem to know more about what’s going on in WA club rugby than rugbyWA.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BillyGOAT View Post
    not to mention that some of us don't want to play up the grades, I'm built like a stick and am getting old, but i want to conitue to play rugby. Having lower grades is actually quite nice.

I dont think we have enough for a colts side, they all seem a bit older than that. And yes, the Uni doesn't help us at all.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    not to mention that some of us don't want to play up the grades, I'm built like a stick and am getting old, but i want to conitue to play rugby. Having lower grades is actually quite nice.

I dont think we have enough for a colts side, they all seem a bit older than that. And yes, the Uni doesn't help us at all.

I think there are a few teams out there that would be happy to field 1st grade, 2nd grade, Community Grade if RugbyWA allowed it

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Buddha Handy View Post
    I think there are a few teams out there that would be happy to field 1st grade, 2nd grade, Community Grade if RugbyWA allowed it
    And therein lies madness and a slippery slide to rugby oblivion.

We need less clubs, more teams in each club.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

i think what you are trying to say, is we need more players.

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post

I also think what you are trying to say is, lets distibute the club more evenly around the metro area so we dont have every player driving down that stupid stirling hwy every tuesday, thursday and sat.

which golden triangle clubs would you suggest shutting down?

Rookie
    vCash
    i think what you are trying to say, is we need more players.
    Not realistic, Premier Club comps like Shute Shield and Hospital Cup only have 8/9 teams.

We need to concentrate our talent into our top clubs and have a competitive Div 1 and Div 2.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    I also think what you are trying to say is, lets distibute the club more evenly around the metro area so we dont have every player driving down that stupid stirling hwy every tuesday, thursday and sat.

which golden triangle clubs would you suggest shutting down?
    Get rid of Nedlands,hard to get a parking spot there nowadays(council won't allow parking on the grass area south of the playing fields)
    neighbours hate us(trefor no longer there to keep them in line),missed out on finals last year--so what's the point,LOL

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    How about Neddies amalgamating with Joondalup and moving to their facilities?

They could rename themselves Nedalup or Joonland.

vCash
    And I understand the job's half done already.

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Neymar11 View Post
    If anyone’s on Instagram follow @rugbywa_memes they seem to know more about what’s going on in WA club rugby than rugbyWA.
    A post about 4 weeks ago at Wests golf day showed you in the background with the trophy and the roar of the helicopter blades at takeoff confirmed my suspicions

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Champion
    vCash
    Arks flew 2 players in from NZ and by the time they got out of quarantine they were signed up to play for Cott, the new lows they sink to just never ceases to amaze me, Arks desperately needed these players and it's fucken disgraceful that this kind of shit is still happening.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast