Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Force v Reds 20 March 2021. Suncorp Stadium

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    What's the issue with Godwin? I thought it was a shoulder injury. But last home game he was sporting a right foot moon boot.
    Last time I saw Kyle was after the Rebels game and he was still in a moon boot but was having an Xray before the Reds game.

He has a fractured Talus bone in his ankle which has the potential to be a slow healer due to limited circulation.
    However, Kyle is a discipled sportsman (no booze or smoking) so would expect him to heal better than most.

Would think that he's still 2-3 weeks away due to rehab etc.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Veteran
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    Last time I saw Kyle was after the Rebels game and he was still in a moon boot but was having an Xray before the Reds game.

He has a fractured Talus bone in his ankle which has the potential to be a slow healer due to limited circulation.
    However, Kyle is a discipled sportsman (no booze or smoking) so would expect him to heal better than most.

Would think that he's still 2-3 weeks away due to rehab etc.
    are there any sportsmen that smoke nowadays?

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by palitu View Post
    are there any sportsmen that smoke nowadays?
    No, sniffing seems to be more the vogue...

vCash
    Just a few interesting points on the scrum, really makes me wonder about the level that Aus refs are at in SR?

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/03/2...g-on-thin-ice/

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Just a few interesting points on the scrum, really makes me wonder about the level that Aus refs are at in SR?

Off topic, but for anyone who hasn't seen the full docco of the video in the article; it's def worth a watch. It gives great insight into the free climber's psyche and the effect his efforts have on loved ones. I'm not particularly scared of heights - but this stuff is petrifying. My guts were churning through every minute of that climb. Comparing any challenge in a Rugby match seems pretty frivolous TBH.

P.S. That clip doesn't show the really scary bit where he has to negotiate one section by actually letting go both hand grips to make a leap and get his next hold with a single hand. What was coming was explained beforehand and I felt physically sick watching it.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post

Wow, those overhead views tell a story

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    But read the comments, and everyone still sees in them what they want to see. Nonetheless, it is an angle that I think should be seen more.

vCash
    I wonder whether this has been shown now to help out the tahs on saturday

C'mon the

Rookie
    vCash
    International speedster Jordan Olowofela brings X-factor to Western Force backline

Nick Taylor

Thu, 25 March 2021 1:15PM

Jordan Olowofela. Credit: Supplied

English international flyer Jordan Olowofela is set to be Western Force’s secret weapon against reigning Super Rugby AU champions Brumbies at Canberra’s GIO Stadium tomorrow.

The Under-20 World Cup star, on loan from English heavyweight Leicester Tigers, is unknown in Super Rugby and that element of the unknown could be just the X-Factor needed in the Force backline

Coach Tim Sampson is starting with another young speedster Byron Ralston on one wing and US international Marcel Brache on the other with Olowofela unleashed from the bench on debut.

Sampson has lost both Toni Pulu, touted as the fastest player in Super Rugby, and former All Black Richard Kahui to injury, opening the door to Olowofela.

Wingers have not seen as much ball or been given much space as Sampson would have liked in his expansive game plan.

Only one of their five tries has been scored by a back, Jack McGregor against Melbourne Rebels, and only one came from an open field line break when flanker Tim Anstee got through the Waratahs line.

“Jordan adds a different dynamic for us,” Sampson said.

“He has a point of difference, he’s very quick and solid under the high ball.

“Looking forward to seeing him get out there.”

With Irish international Rob Kearney injured McGregor brings another style to the No.15 role and is likely to pop up as second receiver.

“Jack is solid at the back and brings something a little bit different to Rob,” Sampson said.

“A set of eyes at second receiver are very important and Jack can slot in their seamlessly if he sees the opportunity to direct play.”

Sampson said they need to build on the performance against Queensland Reds when they let the chance of going to “Super point” slip away.

“There were some really good gains and we want to build on that, play for longer periods with more consistency and when we’re on the front foot make sure we get points,” Sampson said.

“We’re working hard to get into good position in our attacking 22. We’re not getting the outcomes but the guys have tries in them.”

Captain Brynard Stander said they had worked on ways to combat the Brumbies strong set piece, as they did against their rolling line-out maul in the first round fixture.

“They are a very set-piece orientated team and we definitely have a a plan of action there,” Stander said.

“We know what to expect from them.

“They are going to be strong in their set piece, hopefully we can shut a bit of that down.”

Stander admitted they were frustrated at close losses to the Rebels and Reds.

“It is hugely frustrating but it shows how far we have come as a squad, not just to compete, but to be in it against the top teams in the competition,” he said.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881830739z

vCash
    Yes some backline tries would be great.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5