Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Rebels Match

vCash

Force vs Rebels Match

Why do we not have a discussion on this yet?
    I’m hoping the Force have the answer to nullifying that grinding down tactic the Rebels have been playing. On the other hand they may flip and come out firing. Just hope McIntyre can start getting ball out to Kurindrani & our backs, but it’s probably going to be a breakdown battle.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I'm really hoping for them to brutalist the breakdown and play hard through the middle early, followed by some offloads or short kicks when (if) the revs adjust.

We need to break the system down and I can't imagine it's going to change much because they'll assess that it's been successful so far.

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    The bookies have Rrbels as slight favs

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    The bookies have Rrbels as slight favs
    So f@ckin what! Those shysters wouldn't know an Arse from an elbow.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    This year the Rebels game plan appears to be - wait for the other side to give us a penalty. Kick Penalty goal.

Our Discipline is going to be everything. So is field position.

So. I predict there will be a lot of kicking in this match. Watch the Sea of Blue lose their mind. Apparently kicking the ball in Rugby is BAD.

Ideally, the game will be played in the Rebel's defensive half.

Look for Rob Kearney to have a big match kicking for touch. and 50-22 kicks.

I think the Force will win by 3 Tries. But it will probably be closer than that.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    I'm beginning to wonder whether the revs might approach us differently, given that they've only played the two teams that are fairly reasonably considered to be locked in for the final again.

A cautious approach is fairly predictable against them.

Vessels is a smart, pragmatic coach who builds solid game plans. It is not beyond conception that he will bring something different out for the team that didn't win a game last year, didn't put a cricket score on the tahs and lost to the Brumbies by more than them.

I don't think it will change our attack but our defense needs to be incredibly aware and versatile, just in case they've been saving up a bunch of crazy backline moves that we haven't seen yet.

C'mon the

vCash
    If both teams play like they played last week then the Rebels will win. I call it.

How Coach Sambo gets the to play and win the match will be my interest today.

vCash
    The weather today may likely dictate a kicking game, but I’d like to see the guys expending a bit less energy shoveling the ball side to side for 10 phases and waiting for a gap to open up. I wonder if players take a hard run at the ball it would create the gaps instead of playing the safer option (provided not losing the pill). Watching the Crusader play, it’s amazing how fast and hard they can break a line. Mitch on RugbyWrap made a good point re McIntyre straightening up the attack, and getting the ball out to Ralston & Kurindrani, The Force kickers will really need to be spot on.

Champion
    vCash
    who is reffing?

vCash
    Hopefully we’re not reffed out of the game.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Hopefully we’re not reffed out of the game.
    Val - with respect.

Professional Rugby teams don't get "Reffed out of the game"

They adapt to how the Ref is controlling the game or they lose.

It is a piss poor excuse made by fans. Never by teams.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    who is reffing?
    Graham Cooper

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Professional Rugby teams don't get "Reffed out of the game"

They adapt to how the Ref is controlling the game or they lose.
    Sorry X, but by inspection that is not logical. If two teams are evenly balanced, then if the ref only focuses on one side, or decides one side is entirely at fault in a major aspect of the game like the scrum, it is going to affect the result and the probability of success or failure.

So what you are really saying is that you don't believe any referee in the modern game could ever be either consciously or unconsciously biased, will always referees both sides the same, and the failing is in team not understanding the rules du jour. A perspective also worth discussing perhaps, but I guess the corollary is that ref management is also a myth as how the ref is ruling the game can't be swayed.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Val - with respect.Professional Rugby teams don't get "Reffed out of the game"They adapt to how the Ref is controlling the game or they lose.It is a piss poor excuse made by fans. Never by teams.
    With respect X, And maybe in a perfect world that’s the case. Haven’t seen this perfect happen yet.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Sorry X, but by inspection that is not logical. If two teams are evenly balanced, then if the ref only focuses on one side, or decides one side is entirely at fault in a major aspect of the game like the scrum, it is going to affect the result and the probability of success or failure.

So what you are really saying is that you don't believe any referee in the modern game could ever be either consciously or unconsciously biased, will always referees both sides the same, and the failing is in team not understanding the rules du jour. A perspective also worth discussing perhaps, but I guess the corollary is that ref management is also a myth as how the ref is ruling the game can't be swayed.

First up.

I will not say that Referees in the modern game could never be consciously or unconsciously biased. The review and statistics of GAGR looking at SAFFA Referees 18 months ago proved otherwise.

Generally speaking. In Australia, New Zealand, and Europe. Referees have in my experience called it straight down the middle. But- Yes there are exceptions to the rule.

In any match the Referee - usually directed by World Rugby. Will concentrate on an area of the match for closer scrutiny. A smart team will quickly pick up on that and adjust their approach to that area of the game accordingly.

For Example - At Scrum time - the Tight Head Prop for East Kickatinny Mudchooks is being penalised for boring in. The Prop makes an adjustment to their feet and shoulders and either fixes it. Or the Coaching staff will make a replacement - to show the Referee a different scrum picture. Same as the team being continually penalised for offside, taking half a step back should correct the problem.

A Captains communication with the Referee is also very important. Asking for clarification or suggesting that the Referee check on how the opposition is competing at the Breakdown. However, some times, the smart thing to do is to nod your head say "Yes Sir" and go back to the rest of his team.

For a team to continually be penalised over the same type of play and not try and correct it, is just insanity.

To blame the Ref, stupidity.

Exile
    Sydney

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast