Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 20

Thread: Miotti signs for Glasgow Warriors for 2021/22 season

  1. #1
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,266
    vCash
    5496000

    Miotti signs for Glasgow Warriors for 2021/22 season


    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  2. #2
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,426
    vCash
    5506000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    The original announcement said that he was only here for the 2021 season.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  3. #3
    Legend Contributor Alison's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    7,266
    vCash
    5496000
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    The original announcement said that he was only here for the 2021 season.
    I know, but I was hopeful he would stay for longer.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

  4. #4
    Veteran Sheikh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    4,567
    vCash
    268000
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    I know, but I was hopeful he would stay for longer.
    The money's better in Europe, so I wasn't expecting many of our Argies to stay for more than a season. We'd better get the most we can out of them this year, then!

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

  5. #5
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,436
    vCash
    7342800
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    The money's better in Europe, so I wasn't expecting many of our Argies to stay for more than a season. We'd better get the most we can out of them this year, then!
    Nearly halfway through the season and he's come off the bench in one match out of three (assuming there isn't a relevant injury and the team list changes before tomorrow night)

    I hope he's providing lots of advice during training.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  6. #6
    Champion andrewg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,426
    vCash
    5506000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Nearly halfway through the season and he's come off the bench in one match out of three (assuming there isn't a relevant injury and the team list changes before tomorrow night)

    I hope he's providing lots of advice during training.
    I'm struggling to understand the negativity.
    Anybody would think they're your $$s.

    Your'e entitled to your opinion - but not errors in fact.
    We've played 2 of potentially 11 games is hardly "nearly half-way through the season".

    Perhaps it's more about providing injury coverage and building relationships with a potential source of players.
    The Argies and partners are loving it in Perth and selling the virtues far and wide.
    As are players such as Greg Holmes, Richard Kahui and Rob Kearney.

    He's a dual international for Argentina (XV and 7s) and he's here in Perth.
    I reckon we'll see more of Domingo as he has a big boot.

    Perhaps Sambo is trying to build combinations rather than switch too often - especially after losing the first game.

    Has he prevented any locals (especially any FHs) getting access to training?
    I certainly don't think so as we have a training group of 41 players + 10 Academy.
    That must be the most we've ever seen with the WF.

    This means a lot of players getting the benefit of an elite programme and being available for Club Rugby.
    Sound very good to me.

    2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 11-03-21 at 12:41.

  7. #7
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,265
    vCash
    5488000
    GIGS can answer for himself of course. But his comments don't seem overly negative to me. I'd wager quite a few people would wonder why a test 5/8 hasn't had much game time. If he has a niggling injury I'd imagine he would be giving Jake plenty of help at training too.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,436
    vCash
    7342800
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I'm struggling to understand the negativity.
    Anybody would think they're your $$s.

    Your'e entitled to your opinion - but not errors in fact.
    We've played 2 of potentially 11 games is hardly "nearly half-way through the season".

    Perhaps it's more about providing injury coverage and building relationships with a potential source of players.
    The Argies and partners are loving it in Perth and selling the virtues far and wide.
    As are players such as Greg Holmes, Richard Kahui and Rob Kearney.

    He's a dual international for Argentina (Xv and 7s) and he's here in Perth.
    I reckon we'll see more of Domingo as he has a big boot.

    Perhaps Sambo is trying to build combinations rather than switch too often - especially after losing the first game.

    Has he prevented any locals (especially any FHs) getting access to training?
    I certainly don't think so as we have a training group of 41 players + 10 Academy.
    That must be the most we've ever seen with the WF.

    This means a lot of players getting the benefit of an elite programme and being available for Club Rugby.
    Sound very good to me.
    I was calling it 3 of 8 (he can't play this week as he's not been named) since Trans Tasman is already on shaky ground, but you can call it two of potentially eleven if you want, neither is empirically wrong at this stage unless you consider that the ravel bubble with New Zealand is locked in and not going to burst, I choose to be a little more realistic on that front.

    the comment was more a riposte to Shiekh's "we'd better get the best we can from him this year" but I see it touched a nerve.

    For the record, I was alluding to the fact that his value to the team could be in other areas than actual game time, but he certainly isn't getting game time if the numbers are going the direction I see them going.

    I think a young guy like him is actually more value on the field than a wily veteran like Thrushie or Bobby Kearney, but would you leave either of the veterans out at this stage? I certainly wouldn't! I think it interesting that we've got an international in the squad who isn't getting game time and isn't committing his IP in the long term. I'm sure there's a benefit to having him, Hodgo isn't the "piss it up against a wall" kind of guy, so there's some benefit there, I just don't see it yet.

    At the end of the day, it's all speculation isn't it? he might be a "horses for courses" selection to play against specific defenses, he might have a niggle, he might be on compassionate leave or just doesn't "click" with the backline. we don't know (correction, I don't know, maybe you do) so this discussion is all about trying to extrapolate from a very limited data set.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  9. #9
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    20,737
    vCash
    258000
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I was calling it 3 of 8 (he can't play this week as he's not been named) since Trans Tasman is already on shaky ground, but you can call it two of potentially eleven if you want, neither is empirically wrong at this stage unless you consider that the ravel bubble with New Zealand is locked in and not going to burst, I choose to be a little more realistic on that front.
    I'd rather be realistic as well.

    The Kiwi travel bubble is not locked in, except for Kiwi's coming to Australia and until two way travel without quarantine is confirmed and locked in the Kiwi cross over comp whilst planned, it is nothing more than that.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Immortal Contributor shasta's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Mandurah
    Posts
    14,265
    vCash
    5488000
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    I'd rather be realistic as well.
    I wonder what the alternative is. Perhaps another full home and away in both comps? Winners play off later on? Would that fit the calendar? Would 9 Stan accept that? I wouldn't mind.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Immortal jargan83's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Earth Capital
    Posts
    20,737
    vCash
    258000
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I wonder what the alternative is. Perhaps another full home and away in both comps? Winners play off later on? Would that fit the calendar? Would 9 Stan accept that? I wouldn't mind.
    Possibly all the teams relocating to one city or area to play if quarantine free travel isn't in place? Kiwis sides could enter Australia and play tomorrow at the moment. Flip side Australian sides could visit NZ and quarantine for 2 weeks.

    Wonder if Rupert Murdoch or his cronies could impact what happens given Sky Sports are still the rights holders in NZ?

    You'd think Rugby Australia would be working on a plan...

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  12. #12
    Immortal GIGS20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Rockingham
    Posts
    19,436
    vCash
    7342800
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    I wonder what the alternative is. Perhaps another full home and away in both comps? Winners play off later on? Would that fit the calendar? Would 9 Stan accept that? I wouldn't mind.
    There was some discussion of this on the Rugby Wrap last night, I think there was a survey including options such as extend Super AU, reinvigorate the NRC, send everybody off to Club Rugby. I didn't hear a bubble/tournament proposal, but would be surprised if there wasn't one.

    Mitch Hardy was pushing the send them back to clubland idea, which would be great if all the Force boys played in the Perth comp and all the Rebels boys played in the Melbourne comp, but I can't see that happening, All I can imagine is the Shite Shield hoovering up everybody who isn't playing in Qld and warehousing them in Sydney.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

  13. #13
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    512
    vCash
    7706472
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Wonder if Rupert Murdoch or his cronies could impact what happens given Sky Sports are still the rights holders in NZ?
    Sky NZ is independently owned now. Murdoch sold his controlling stake about 8 years ago.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Senior Player
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    WA
    Posts
    512
    vCash
    7706472
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Mitch Hardy was pushing the send them back to clubland idea, which would be great if all the Force boys played in the Perth comp and all the Rebels boys played in the Melbourne comp, but I can't see that happening, All I can imagine is the Shite Shield hoovering up everybody who isn't playing in Qld and warehousing them in Sydney.
    I know Mitch Hardy has been here in WA a long while now, but he's still very-very-very much a Shite Shield fanboi.

    It's why I'm not a particular Mitch Hardy fan.

    Yes, club rugby has its place, even the Shite Shield but its place is Sydney, NOT here.

    The number of Force players going there should be as close to zero as humanly possible.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Champion
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Perth
    Posts
    1,928
    vCash
    5008000
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I'm struggling to understand the negativity.
    Anybody would think they're your $$s.

    Your'e entitled to your opinion - but not errors in fact.
    We've played 2 of potentially 11 games is hardly "nearly half-way through the season".

    Perhaps it's more about providing injury coverage and building relationships with a potential source of players.
    The Argies and partners are loving it in Perth and selling the virtues far and wide.
    As are players such as Greg Holmes, Richard Kahui and Rob Kearney.

    He's a dual international for Argentina (XV and 7s) and he's here in Perth.
    I reckon we'll see more of Domingo as he has a big boot.

    Perhaps Sambo is trying to build combinations rather than switch too often - especially after losing the first game.

    Has he prevented any locals (especially any FHs) getting access to training?
    I certainly don't think so as we have a training group of 41 players + 10 Academy.
    That must be the most we've ever seen with the WF.

    This means a lot of players getting the benefit of an elite programme and being available for Club Rugby.
    Sound very good to me.
    We get it, you are a lover of everything the Force does and any signing and anything they do is the best and only option because they can looking through your rose tinted glasses do no wrong.

    There are others who think differently and would prefer a younger more local look to it but any time someone on this site and the Sea Of Blue facebook page posts a different view to your own you go off on the same rambling tangent, maybe try getting off the Forces nuts and try to listen to other opinions in an adult manner.

    0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 19-01-15, 10:06
  2. Other Sport Warriors vs NSW
    By Sheikh in forum Other Sports
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 20-02-12, 21:50
  3. Ulster 13-25 Glasgow
    By The EnForcer in forum Ulster
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 05-12-09, 12:18
  4. chris o'young quits glasgow warriors
    By slomo in forum Western Force
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 19-02-08, 20:42

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •