Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Miotti signs for Glasgow Warriors for 2021/22 season

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham105 View Post
    I know Mitch Hardy has been here in WA a long while now, but he's still very-very-very much a Shite Shield fanboi.It's why I'm not a particular Mitch Hardy fan.Yes, club rugby has its place, even the Shite Shield but its place is Sydney, NOT here.The number of Force players going there should be as close to zero as humanly possible.
    I'm not sure I stated it clearly enough, but that was pretty much the intent of my answer.It would be great to see all the force contracted players adding value to their local clubs, but since that will never be allowed by the Sydney power brokers I would clearly prefer the nrc

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by westies man View Post
    We get it, you are a lover of everything the Force does and any signing and anything they do is the best and only option because they can looking through your rose tinted glasses do no wrong.

There are others who think differently and would prefer a younger more local look to it but any time someone on this site and the Sea Of Blue facebook page posts a different view to your own you go off on the same rambling tangent, maybe try getting off the Forces nuts and try to listen to other opinions in an adult manner.
    Thanks westies man always good to get your input.

Here I was thinking it was a forum to air ideas and opinions and perspectives - and all of them are allowed to be different to my own.

I'm an unabashed Force Fan.
    Isn't that what this site is all about?

But that doesn't mean that I agree with everything that the organisation does or am pleased by not achieving what the team is capable of achieving.

But I am appreciative what Andrew Forrest and his team have achieved since the WF was dumped by its owner Rugby Australia.
    I am also appreciative if what AF is doing to try and rebuild the game from the grass roots in WA.
    Where would rugby be in WA if AF hadn't stepped up?
    I saw the great loss of talent - entire families moving East - as they had little option as any development pathway had been destroyed by RA.

Happy to catch up with you some time at a Wests game.
    (send me a pm and I'll be there)

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 11-03-21 at 21:48.

Rookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    GIGS can answer for himself of course. But his comments don't seem overly negative to me. I'd wager quite a few people would wonder why a test 5/8 hasn't had much game time. If he has a niggling injury I'd imagine he would be giving Jake plenty of help at training too.
    I heard it was a language issue. Could be BS, but it's not unrealistic to think a player might be disadvantaged (Especially a 10) if he has a communication issue.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Rugaree View Post
    I heard it was a language issue. Could be BS, but it's not unrealistic to think a player might be disadvantaged (Especially a 10) if he has a communication issue.
    Possibly, but how much of the on field communication relies on a deep grasp of the intricacies of a language? All he needs to learn is that phrase "x" means to do Y

Shouldn't be beyond an international player, who would have played in multiple teams, all with different play calls., I guess it wouldn't help with free communication in unstructured play but I wouldn't reckon that'd be a deal breaker.

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Possibly, but how much of the on field communication relies on a deep grasp of the intricacies of a language? All he needs to learn is that phrase "x" means to do Y

Shouldn't be beyond an international player, who would have played in multiple teams, all with different play calls., I guess it wouldn't help with free communication in unstructured play but I wouldn't reckon that'd be a deal breaker.
    If he's having trouble with learning Australian, heaven help him when he goes to Glasgow!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2