Thread: Anstee is injured Timani is on the bench

Champion
    vCash

Anstee is injured Timani is on the bench

Western Force second-rower Sitaleki Timani back where it all started for grudge match against Melbourne Rebels
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Wed, 10 March 2021 5:30PM

Line-bending hit man Sitaleki Timani is back where it all started in Friday night’s Super Rugby grudge match against Melbourne Rebels at HBF Park.
    The former Wallaby second-rower, who made his Super Rugby debut for the Force, has come out of quarantine and gone straight onto the bench in a forward re-shuffle as they chase back-to-back wins.
    Flanker Tim Anstee is out after injuring his shoulder scoring a try in the drought-breaking win against the Waratahs.
    It means the other try-scorer Fergus Lee-Warner moves from the second row to No. 6 with Ryan McCauley making his first start in the engine room.The only other change is winger Marcel Bache replacing the injured Toni Pulu.

Timani, capped 18 times for the Wallabies, has returned to Australia after seven years in France and Force head of rugby Matt Hodgson expects an immediate impression.
    “At 123kgs, over 200cm, it’s pretty exciting to bring someone like that into your squad,” Hodgson said.
    “We need a big-bodied player coming off the bench. Something we haven’t done is dent the line.
    “It’s not how do we break the line, it’s how do we dent it, make them retreat, and Sita’s a player that can do that.
    “He has played 17 games this year. He’s definitely rugby fit.
    “We will look to have a bit more of the ball crashers at the back end of the game and bringing Fergus into No.6, nothing really changes in his game.
    “It’s disappointing to lose Tim but it’s better to take one week than potentially lose him in a tough campaign.
    “We need a squad to win and bringing in a player like Sita for Tim Anstee is a pretty good swap.”
    Coach Tim Sampson, looking for consistency and cohesion, has retained halves Tomas Cubelli and Jake McIntyre, meaning there still no place in the starting side for captain Ian Prior. Sampson has also kept Richard Kahui and Tevita Kuridrani in midfield,
    Hooker Jack Winchester, Samoan World Cup international centre Henry Taefu and versatile back Jack McGregor come onto the bench.
    Force starting side:
    Tom Robertson, Feleti Kaitu’u, Santiago Medrano, Jeremy Thrush, Ryan McCauley, Fergus Lee-Warner, Kane Koteka, Brynard Stander, Tomás Cubelli, Jake McIntyre, Marcel Brache, Richard Kahui, Tevita Kuridrani, Byron Ralston, Rob Kearney. Reserves: Jack Winchester, Angus Wagner, Greg Holmes, Sitaleki Timani, Tomás Lezana, Ian Prior, Henry Taefu, Jack McGregor.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Bugger! Was looking forward to seeing some of his speed on Friday. Good man to have as cover though

Good write-up on Tim and FLW on The Roar today too.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2021/03/1...o-go-into-six/

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Great to see Taefu in the 23. He’s exactly the attacking centre we need to break the line.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I'd love to see Marcel getting heavily involved. Show them he's still got it and not just making up the numbers. This is his opportunity as I would expect the Rebels will be (rightly) focussing on 12 & 13, so 11 & 14 should have some room to move. If only the ball can get out there....

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by Ecky; 10-03-21 at 21:24. Reason: typo correction

vCash
    Our defence seems to have improved but our attack seems to have stagnated. Our only attack who could break the line was Anstee and we will miss him. Let’s hope we can use a bit more flair and have guys running onto the ball at speed and not have 3 guys all bunched up on the touch line.
    Go the Force!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Our defence seems to have improved but our attack seems to have stagnated. Our only attack who could break the line was Anstee and we will miss him. Let’s hope we can use a bit more flair and have guys running onto the ball at speed and not have 3 guys all bunched up on the touch line.
    Go the Force!
    Henry Taefu is a good inclusion. He will break the line.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion
    vCash
    Can Marcel contain Korobiete?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Hansie View Post
    Can Marcel contain Korobiete?
    One on One I'd say no, but the real question is, will it be Marcel on Koroibete?

I think our forwards are objectively better than theirs both in the tight and the loose, I'm really only concerned about Hardwick and maybe Haylett-petty, who is probably their second best, but overshadowed by both Fergus and Thrushie. Marika likely won't see much ball in the wide channels and will come looking for it on the inside, running into our backrowers. I think our Backrow has him covered.

my fervent hope is that our forwards continue to bash everybody of 85 minutes and there isn't any opportunity for them to work their way into our half, because they've clearly shown that penalties are their strategy.

Then we just need a little bit of class to get through their line and dot a couple down.....story's over!

Would like to see Cubelli take a couple of short runs early to hold their A/B defenders close and have McIntyre running hard lines with runners both sides of him. Use Kahui as an outlet ball and run options off that basic structure all night. They should be exhausted by the 30th minute and we can start looking to run around them

at least that was my dream last night

C'mon the