Thread: Stan Coverage

Veteran
    vCash

Stan Coverage

Is it just me or is the coverage much more Force positive on Stan?

The pre-game was dominated by force talk, and the first 20-30 mins was all force interviews. Is it just me or is this really something beautiful to watch?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I thought it was pretty balanced, but it also makes sense, since the positive story was the Force chasing their first win, if they focused on the Tahs, the story would be something like "geez that Tahs have sucked, I wonder if they'll suck less this year?"

One thing I'm picking up with Stan is a clear and pervasive attempt to be positive. Notice how the post match was all about the good news for both teams, The Force had a win and they made all the mileage they could out of that, but also the Tahs played pretty well and were close, so that was talked up as well.

I think this'll continue for at least a couple of years as 9 will be looking to build an audience to justify the purchase.

I'm thinking that today's commentary will include lots of comments about how good last night's game was and suggestions that you should take up the 30 day free trial of Stan Sport to have a look.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Yes GIGS, I am loving the marketing and exposure of rugby by Nine/Stan. It will be great for rugby in Australia.

Player
    vCash
    There was an interesting comment by McArdle last night along the lines of “The Force have been great in working with us and trying things out in developing the broadcast”.
    They have put together a really good show IMHo, found myself watching the whole broadcast replay because there were genuinely interesting analysis and reporting and no gimmicky puff pieces. Well done Stan!