Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tahs v Western Force 5 March 2021

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    nah,the pressure is now off,i think the team will show there true class in the following games

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Yeah, it certainly looked nervous, but also like they took it a bit light. Hopefully that'll be addressed this week

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Hard to watch, discipline sadly lacking.
    Any win is a good win even if it's against the easy beats of the competition...

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I think that would have been easier to watch at home with copious amounts of alcohol! Bloody kick back agai like the old days! Wasn’t totally convinced by Robs kicking I don’t think any didn’t end up in someone’s hands. Touch kicks were also not great from anyone. Rob has bought a whole lot of Irish fans out to cheer every time he touched the ball though!
    I’m guessing that the crowd couldn’t have been more than 6000 max.

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The kicking out of hand seemed to be McIntyre's issue. I thought the kick for touch in the lead up to anstees try was dead as well.

I thought he was more dynamic around the field than Jono and kicking on the run wasn't an issue, so maybe Kearney should be taking the set kicks.

They still look disjointed and I think they took the tahs lightly.if we do that next week, the rebels will hurt us.

How freaking good is Carlo tizzano, hard at the ball, a brutal player and no unnecessary biff taking away from a superb performance.
    Tizzano reminds me of another hard at the ball player who played cleaned and is well respected. Maybe he modelled himself off that certain player.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    I think that would have been easier to watch at home with copious amounts of alcohol! Bloody kick back agai like the old days! Wasn’t totally convinced by Robs kicking I don’t think any didn’t end up in someone’s hands. Touch kicks were also not great from anyone. Rob has bought a whole lot of Irish fans out to cheer every time he touched the ball though!
    I’m guessing that the crowd couldn’t have been more than 6000 max.
    like many games,SNOB,probably looks better on TV,I thought MacIntyre's first half was ordinary,which was disappointing ,however he did some good stuff a little later

Player
    vCash
    Great first up win for 2021 against the Tahs but I'm sure we all had our guts churning when Ready got the red card. Its onward and upwards from here and for gods sake please lets back up this performance at home against the Rebels. I think these first two games have helped to identify which players are in the first team and who should come off the bench. Lets keep the momentum going and have a big game next Friday. Well done boys great effort

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Jeez, that ending was heart attack stuff. Tried multiple ways to lose it!

Very glad they squeaked the W, though.

We're on the board!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Any away win is good. Any win over those bayby blue bastards is even better.

That's two top shelf performances on the trot for Tizzano. Hope he wants to come home before too long. We've been blessed with some great opensides over the years and 3 pretty handy home grown 7's running around Super Rugby right now.

Now for the Rabble.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    you know, the old Force (Western Force 1.0) would have lost this game by 3 or 5.

But no - not the new Force. (Western Force 3.0) this is a team that got better as the game went longer. And we ground out the win.

Watch this space - it's only going to get better.

I'm Excited.

5 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Andrew Ready should be made to walk home.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    like many games,SNOB,probably looks better on TV,I thought MacIntyre's first half was ordinary,which was disappointing ,however he did some good stuff a little later
    Yeah, I was cursing McIntyre several times (not as harsh as for Ready's brain snap, obviously). In fairness MacIntyre did some okay work also.

Was tempted to mention young gun Miotti, but he'll still need to be brought in only gradually. On that last Force penalty, which Prior ultimately did kick for 3, Miotti tried the "free shot" cross-kick and fluffed it. Normally an okay option, but not with 77:20-ish on the clock and a man down. Could've chewed more time, then gone for goal.

Prior also kicked it away to the Tahs a few minutes later... sheeeit!

Anyway, they got there in the end...

Last edited by Ham105; 05-03-21 at 21:17.

vCash
    I'm not sure Ready did anything good for the ~3 minutes he was on the field. But he'll probably cop a ban so we'll see the kid (Winchester) on the bench next week.

McIntyre looked pedestrian and predictable in his passing and I don't see what he really brought ahead of Lance. His place-kicking was OK, but kicking out of hand, especially for the line, was diabolical. All our best moves by-passed him. Lance and Miotti (either way round) for 10 & 22 next week.

Kahui did well; Kuridrani seems to have lost a step, Pulu did well when he came inside for the ball, as did Ralston. Kearney has also lost a step, but that means he's a good SR full-back (at his peak he'd have been exceptional!)

The forwards generally did really well. Thrush still dominates and FLW should be in the Wallaby squad, especially given the current situation. Medrano was bossing the scrum (he was up against Faulkner) so well that the Tahs started swapping their props over, and Medrano then bossed HJH! The Tahs back-row is just about their only area of strength and we more than held our own.

Prior ought to be dropped for that kick away of possession with a minute to go. Just recycle the ball; it doesn't matter if we go backwards, just get another phase of play set up.

Berry was dreadful, though. Only watching one side at the breakdown, very inconsistent in his calling.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

Apprentice
    vCash
    Leinster fan here, I'm surprised to see Robs kicking being scrutinised as he has a canon of a boot and usually very good in that department. There is certainly bit of interest here in the force since he moved but unfortunately we can't access the games as SKY didn't buy the rights. How is he playing?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    He's going pretty well. He made a couple of odd decisions in last night's game. Probably higher risk plays than you'd expect from him. I think a big part of that comes down to gelling with his teammates. His kicking is great- awesome to have a left footer. I'd say we won the kicking duel last night against a strong kicking team. We rate him.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast