Thread: 2021 Super Rugby Preview - Western Force

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

2021 Super Rugby Preview - Western Force

TODAY AT 7:00 AM SUPER RUGBY - AU
    by RUGBY.com.au staff

The Force have made it clear they won’t be wooden spoon holders again in 2021.

With a raft of new talent this year, they’ll be a powerful and experienced side overflowing with International stars like Rob Kearney and Tomas Cubelli, and each will be expected to regularly feature in the starting line-up.

While they didn’t win a game after being welcomed back into the competition in 2020, this year will be different, and their pre-season trial against the Brumbies proved that.

WHO’S IN: Bo Abra, Santiago Medrano, Tom Robertson, Jack Winchester, Ryan McCauley, Tim Anstee, Tomas Lezana, Tomas Cubelli, Michael McDonald, Jake McIntyre, Domingo Miotti, Tevita Kuridrani, Toni Pulu and Rob Kearney.

WHO’S OUT: n/a

ONE TO WATCH: Byron Ralston He was a rising star in 2020 and can only get better with age. A standout in Premier Rugby in Brisbane, followed by on-going accolades at the U20s and then NRC level, Ralston took his Super Rugby debut in his stride.

Leading the Forces score card for tries (4), defenders beaten (12), carry metres (325) and line breaks (4), he’s the winger that every one of his opposite numbers doesn’t want to come up against.

PREDICTION: 4th

Winners aren’t born, they’re made, and this is the attitude which the Force need to maintain.

There’s no doubt the emotion of last season is continuing to carry over and the Force aren’t going to become the competition easy-beats this year. With a swarm of new talent, they’ll be a side that’s in the fight.

2021 WESTERN FORCE SQUAD

Bo Abra

Tim Anstee

Marcel Brache

Ollie Callan

Tomas Cubelli

Kyle Godwin

Victor Harris

Chris Heiberg

Greg Holmes

Richard Kahui

Feleti Kaitu'u

Rob Kearney

Kane Koteka

Tevita Kuridrani

Brad Lacey

Jono Lance

Fergus Lee-Warner

Tomas Lezana

Kieran Longbottom

Grason Makara

Ryan McCauley

Jack McGregor

Jake McIntyre

Michael McDonald

Santiago Medrano

Domingo Miotti

Ian Prior

Jackson Pugh

Toni Pulu

Byron Ralston

Andrew Ready

Tom Robertson

Brynard Stander

Jake Strachan

Henry Taefu

Jeremy Thrush

Angus Wagner

Jack Winchester

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2021/0...season-preview

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Who is predicted to be behind them rebels or tahs?

Rebels have no heart and tahs have no brain (or players this year actually) my money's on third unless there are problems synchronising so many new faces together

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    my money's on third unless there are problems synchronising so many new faces together
    Mine's on 1st. Probably won't but $12 dollars was too good to refuse. Looks like the bookies have jerried to thei error, though. Friday's odds have dropped to $2.50. I got $3.50. Sportsbet is still offering the $12.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Who is predicted to be behind them rebels or tahs?

Rebels have no heart and tahs have no brain (or players this year actually) my money's on third unless there are problems synchronising so many new faces together
    The Roar had the Tahs 5th, Force 4th and Rebels 3rd, but without much justification for their positions. The write-up of the Rebels seems much bleaker than the Force as, with DHP out for an unspecified time and Hodge forced into the 15 jersey, they mainly have to rely on Toomua running the entire back line and not getting injured.

Neither the Tahs nor Rebels have much depth, while I'd say we have lots of depth at some positions. All three sides have quite a high number of changes to the squad, but the Rebels and Tahs mainly have young guys with potential while we have brought in experience. For some reason the Roar seems to prefer potential over experience!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Or actual results

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Mine's on 1st. Probably won't but $12 dollars was too good to refuse. Looks like the bookies have jerried to thei error, though. Friday's odds have dropped to $2.50. I got $3.50. Sportsbet is still offering the $12.
    Shasta, you could be rich man soon. I hope you put your house on at $3.50 and $12. I am not into betting, but did have a a little smile at those generous odds, which are likely to shorten a lot this weekend.