Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Force vs Brumbies SRAU R1

Senior Player
    vCash

Force vs Brumbies SRAU R1

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    BRUMBIES (1-15): James Slipper, Folau Fainga'a, Allan Alaalatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Jahrome Brown, Pete Samu, Nic White, Noah Lolesio, Mack Hansen, Irae Simone, Len Ikitau, Andy Muirhead, Tom Banks

Reserves: Connal McInerney, Harry Lloyd, Tom Ross, Nick Frost, Tom Cusack, Ryan Lonergan, Reesjan Pasitoa, Issak Fines-Leleiwasa
    https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2021/0...eams-round-one

Senior Player
    vCash
    Very much like the look of the team. I think we might be under utilizing the class that Cubelli brings by having him on the bench. Wagner can count himself unlucky not to be starting (just shows the depth we have). Good to see Thrush back, we will need him in the set piece. Cant wait to see how the combination of Lezana and Stander goes.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Going to be an interesting game. Will be interesting to see if combinations are forming.
    Think it will be a close game Brumbies by 3! Hope I’m wrong.

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Surprised Miotta isn't even in the 23 - maybe he's picked up a knock or Lance has been training the house down; maybe it's a versatility thing as McIntyre can cover 10, 11, 14 & 15, and Kahui the centres.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Going to be an interesting game. Will be interesting to see if combinations are forming.
    Think it will be a close game Brumbies by 3! Hope I’m wrong.
    I hope you’re wrong too! ��

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Understand Prior starting with Jono getting the nod at 10. All the wise men from the east are tipping cohesion as our Achilles Heel, and there's some sense in that. Cubelli added punch off the bench in the trial and that's probably the game plan - defend like hell and then get em in the 2nd half. In Tim we trust.

PS. How bloody good is it to be talking about our chances again!!!

6 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Understand Prior starting with Jono getting the nod at 10. All the wise men from the east are tipping cohesion as our Achilles Heel, and there's some sense in that. Cubelli added punch off the bench in the trial and that's probably the game plan - defend like hell and then get em in the 2nd half. In Tim we trust.

PS. How bloody good is it to be talking about our chances again!!!
    Very, very bloody good!!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    just watched the home of RA broadcaster,channel nein's news-about a 20 second mention of the Force in its sports segment-so much for promotion!

vCash
    Anyone know if the members bar at gate 4 will be running as usual? Our mob usually meet up there. Just printed the tix and doesn't sat we're members.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Anyone know if the members bar at gate 4 will be running as usual? Our mob usually meet up there. Just printed the tix and doesn't sat we're members.
    Good point

vCash
    Hey everyone long time. Anyone have a spare ticket for Friday? Got a extra who wants to tag along but can't get any through ticketmaster.

“Everyone knows whether it’s rugby, politics or whatever, front-rowers should rule the world, so to have a hooker at the helm makes sense,” Nathan Charles Western Force & Wallabies Hooker.

vCash
    That's a good looking team and I reckon we can get the job done.
    Very glad to see Thrush, Ready and McCauley in to add some starch to the lineout and maul defense that we were lacking in the trial match.

Would've liked to see Wagner start, but I'd imagine the thinking is that his extra mobility offsets the lesser mobility of Holmes compared to Medrano. Slightly concerned about Medrano's scrummaging against Slipper though (hasn't looked like the strongest scrummager from the Argentina games I've seen and trial match last week).

Also surprising to see McIntyre over Miotti and to a lesser extent Brache over Pulu, but certainly not a major concern.

Can't wait to be back in the Sea of Blue on Friday - atmosphere should be electric and help get us over the line.
    Force by 5!

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Rookie
    vCash
    Western Force centre Kyle Godwin to miss Super Rugby opener against Brumbies with ankle injury

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Fri, 19 February 2021 12:07PM

Kyle Godwin will miss Western Force’s opening clash because of an ankle injury. Credit: Mark Metcalfe/Getty Images

Western Force have been dealt a huge hit on the eve of their opening Australian Super Rugby clash with centre Kyle Godwin in doubt with an ankle injury.

The Force are yet to confirm the news, but it is understood the local product, who returned to the Force last season, will miss the game against the Brumbies at HBF Park.

Godwin is likely to be replaced by former All Blacks World Cup winner Richard Kahui who was originally named on the reserves bench.

The centre signed a new two-year deal at the end of last season and was the first player from the Force academy to play for the Wallabies.

Godwin returned to Australia after two seasons with Irish club Connacht and had committed to the Waratahs this season.

He had signed an interim deal with the Force for last year’s Super competition but the agreement with the Waratahs fell and he jumped at the chance to come home.

Godwin was called up for this year’s initial Wallabies training squad but missed the cut.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881801127z

vCash
    That is a blow, however thinking outside the box.

Why not look at using Jake McIntyre at inside centre, thereby having two play makers and bringing Miotti onto the bench, then we still have Kahui to come on later in the match to hopefully power through a tiring defense.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast