Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Anyone got a working streaming link for the game today?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowCooked View Post
    Well I for one like the jersey. I love the idea of the W for West being up front. Different isn't always worse.As far as the gallant loss goes, I got sick of those last year and hope this is the only one we have to suffer through this year.Impressive kicking from Domingo Miotti
    Trial matches are rarely an indication of form because it's virtually impossible to tell whether either team gives a shit about the score.There were some indications that the Brumbies were interested in the result.two tries scored by mailing when they already know they have the strongest mail in the country, kicking a penalty?? I don't think I've ever seen it without booing in a trial.The force showed some impressive d, particularly on their line and definitely played the prettier rugby, coming within a point of sealing the deal.I don't think the force ever had their best 15 on the park all at once, but seemed to experiment with some combinations and give everyone some game time.I'm not too disappointed tbh, I just hope the Brumbies actually tried some stuff and it didn't work, forcing them to revert to type.Well only know on the 19th

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    As always, hard to judge things from a trial match but lots of good signs and a few worries.

Medrano, Cubelli and Lezana all showed their class. I think Cubelli has to start ahead of Prior, he just showed that extra bit of class tonight and made a big difference when he came on. I love Prior and appreciate the time and effort he has given to the force but we have to start winning and that means playing the best players in each position. Defense looked very good tonight (shout out to Ralston who came out firing in the defense department). Kahui looking the goods with a proper pre-season under his belt.

I worry about our locks, you could see it hurt us in the lineout and our maul defense. I hope both McCauley and Thrush are ready for week 1 as we need proper locks, especially against the brumbies. I think we really need to start looking to sign another lock as soon as we can, hopefully we can get Enever in soon. Kicking was also a worry.

Overall, a few things to work on but we definitely showed lots of promise.

P.S Who kicks a penalty in a trial match

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Unfortunately missed the game. Is there a replay available?
    Did all 3 options at 10 get a run and how are they all looking?

vCash
    It's up on You Tube.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Defence was great, set piece still a worry, and scrums a bit rocky. Thought Greg Holmes shored things up well. What was the penalty try for?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chiraag View Post
    Unfortunately missed the game. Is there a replay available?Did all 3 options at 10 get a run and how are they all looking?
    Yes all four had a crack.Jono was, to keep it polite, jono.hes solid and dependable, you know what you're gonna get.McDonald looked legally good but young and sometimes got in his own way.Jack proved himself to be a credible backup and could easily slot into first receiver for extended periods if needs beSantiago, a class above.imho he outshone every other ballplayer on the field and I think he needs to start a lot.speedy, clever, good kicker and read the play well.he has to start next week.I think we need to look for one of those 4 to have a crack at 12, we didn't seem to have a centre in the mould of Matt giteau when he was playing 12, no shortage of big, bruising, straight running centres, but I didn't see a slippery fucker who would put the defense in 2 minds.you don't necessarily want that every game, but you do want it sometimes.

C'mon the

vCash
    Finally got around to watching the replay and thought we generally looked very good.
    Not sure why Jono's performance was met with such a lukewarm response - thought he controlled the game well, got us onto the front foot and didn't make any errors. McIntyre and Miotti both made a number of errors with the boot and I didn't think they looked that much better on attack.
    All 3 look decent, so it's not going to be a problem area for us this year anyway.

As expected, lock is the greatest area of concern. Hopefully Thrush is ready to go for Game 1 although Pugh looked a decent prospect. But our maul defense was pretty abysmal and lineout looked shaky at times also - clearly needs to be the areas we concentrate on before the Brumbies game.

Wagner continued to show that he's up to this level and I'd probably start him because he also offers a lot around the ground.
    Backrow looked solid and our pressure at the breakdown was excellent.

Thought Tevita looked a bit disappointing - don't recall him breaking a tackle and maybe fell off 1 or 2 himself, however was surprised he was even playing given his mother passed away just before the game. Kahui, Brache and Lacey all looked surprisingly good.
    Kearney and Pulu didn't get too many opportunities to show their wares, however did spill a few tough contested high ball takes.

Overall, it was a good hitout and a good showing considering the disrupted preparation with the lockdown and being in Canberra.
    Feeling optimistic about game 1 as long as we can fix our lineout and maul defense!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2