Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: An Open Letter from He who can not be named.

vCash
    I think there's both good and bad in that article.jones made some good points in his rants and those were what I agreed with.

You could argue that most of the repair in the relationship is as a result of the removal of Clunes cabal of fuckwits, the main point of Jones ire, so a differently focussed article could paint a very different picture.

I'm cautiously optimistic, simply because all the good has come at the hands of a chairman who has exactly the same power and control as Clyne but happens not to be an egomanaical psychopath.

Just because the king of the swamp is a nice guy doesn't mean the swamp shouldn't be changed

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Darren View Post
    Don't call him AJ - there is only one
    Please accept my extreme contrition. I'll now humbly watch the Tahs getting boned dressed in sack cloth and ashes.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Growden put 10 times more rubbish on the ARU/RA than the toilet creeper ever did.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    IMHO in 2017 Clarke was instructed to do a job, part of which was the sacking/rorting/screwing of the Western Force. Sure, in a perfect world, he could have refused and been a hero to the masses. But martyr doesn't always get paid, and he has a family to feed.
    There are occupations in Australia that, by law, you can get banned for years, and potentially even jailed, for acting unethically, even if told by your boss to do so, essentially you need to walk away.

The Force were cut after matching the terms from the ARU(which were changed when matched) & the employer Clarke worked for worked behind the scenes, contrary to their public statements to save a team that may have have opaque monetary links to members of executives on the board at certain times of their existence. Basically all the skeletons in the closet.

Now if there are occupations that the government can act against them if they act, or work for people that act unethically, is Money really a suitable 'get out of jail free card' for Clarke?

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by BLR View Post

Now if there are occupations that the government can act against them if they act, or work for people that act unethically, is Money really a suitable 'get out of jail free card' for Clarke?
    I really don't give a shit.

The Force are back in SuperRugby. They have a great team. The Tahs are struggling to put together 5 minutes of good football. I get to sit in my shed. In my Electrically reclined Leather lounge chair and watch rugby on a 130-inch screen with 10 speakers and drink rum. I am surrounded by Western Force Jerseys, Wallabies Jerseys, and Jerseys from Rugby teams I have been involved with since the early '90s. This is me being me.

You can continue to lose sleep about something that happened 4+ years ago. That, thanks to the Forrest Family and a lot of hard work from Hodgo and others has been fixed. The Western Force 3.0 is in a better position than they ever were previously.

So BLR - you can keep on being you. Do what makes you happy.

I am a Rugby Fan. I love watching Rugby, talking Rugby, and being involved with Rugby. That's what makes me happy.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    Geez, Ex, from the headline of this thread, I thought you were referring to correspondence from a certain senior federal coalition cabinet minister!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    Geez, Ex, from the headline of this thread, I thought you were referring to correspondence from a certain senior federal coalition cabinet minister!
    That situation is brought to you by a PM who has only mastered two thirds of the 3 wise monkeys strategy.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I really don't give a shit.

The Force are back in SuperRugby. They have a great team. The Tahs are struggling to put together 5 minutes of good football. I get to sit in my shed. In my Electrically reclined Leather lounge chair and watch rugby on a 130-inch screen with 10 speakers and drink rum. I am surrounded by Western Force Jerseys, Wallabies Jerseys, and Jerseys from Rugby teams I have been involved with since the early '90s. This is me being me.

You can continue to lose sleep about something that happened 4+ years ago. That, thanks to the Forrest Family and a lot of hard work from Hodgo and others has been fixed. The Western Force 3.0 is in a better position than they ever were previously.

So BLR - you can keep on being you. Do what makes you happy.

I am a Rugby Fan. I love watching Rugby, talking Rugby, and being involved with Rugby. That's what makes me happy.
    How very dismissive.

I guess you can afford to be living on the eastern side of the Nullarbor.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Gee I dunno Jargs.

I guess after being treated with contempt for my opinion for the last couple of years by all and sundry here on TWF exactly how should I react?

I know - lets play a new game.

I am being criticised for living in Sydney.

SO - lets play - where were you born.

My Birth Certificate says Subiaco, Western Australia.

Anyone else want to play?

GIGS? Darren? TIF? Alison? Shasta? Jargs? Gerry? Anyone?

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    Mine says Guildford, but the one in the UK, not WA!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    You take things way, way too seriously sometimes X. I really havn't seen any regulars, trolls excluded, treat you with contempt. Quite the opposite in fact. The bloke has every right to express his opinion about the legal or ethical responsibilites of a CEO. Just as you've every right to not give a shit. And nobody here needs to be lectured over having those opinions.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I guess contempt is in the eye of the beholder - or the receiver.

Exile
    Sydney

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Gee I dunno Jargs.

I guess after being treated with contempt for my opinion for the last couple of years by all and sundry here on TWF exactly how should I react?

I know - lets play a new game.

I am being criticised for living in Sydney.

SO - lets play - where were you born.

My Birth Certificate says Subiaco, Western Australia.

Anyone else want to play?

GIGS? Darren? TIF? Alison? Shasta? Jargs? Gerry? Anyone?
    Not all mate I get where you are coming from and value your musings. At some point we will all get over it to some level, however probably always remembering.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by sandgroperrugby View Post
    Not all mate I get where you are coming from and value your musings. At some point we will all get over it to some level, however probably always remembering.
    I don't believe that we should forget. I just think its time to move on. There are so many better things to talk about.

Ask me about my new and improved ManCave and Force Shrine. Its coming together so well.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    We need to see some pics X

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast