Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Let the Whining Begin. ;)

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Perhaps you should consider counseling. It will help.
    Maybe your right. Perhaps then I'll start believing in the Tooth Fairy and Santa Claus again.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Perhaps you should consider counseling. It will help.
    Sorry X but you're delusional if you think the only possible way that Clarke could approve the force getting an equal share of revenue is willingly through his magnanimous altruism.There are several other possible scenarios that could force Clarke's hand whether he is willing or not

C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    There are several other possible scenarios that could force Clarke's hand whether he is willing or not

The new RA Chairman and his relationship with a certain Andrew Forrest for one

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Sorry X but you're delusional if you think the only possible way that Clarke could approve the force getting an equal share of revenue is willingly through his magnanimous altruism.There are several other possible scenarios that could force Clarke's hand whether he is willing or not
    Why am I delusional? What Clark has or hasn't done over the years has been built up by members of this forum to the point that he is now seen as a cross between Thanos, Adolf Hitler, Voldemort, and the Grinch who stole Christmas. The snide remarks made by the members of TWF have become truths for everyone.

I could spend 2 weeks sifting thru comments on the various threads here. But I will just make some stuff up for comedy value and to suit my point. Hey - It works for everyone else here.

"Rob Clark steals candy from babies," says Patricia a painter from Padbury

"I heard he drowns puppies" Stewart from Sorrento

"He farts in elevators then blames others" Robert from Rockingham

"As a kid, he killed flies and collected the bodies in his pencil case" Larry from Lesmurdie

"He likes to trip over kids at crosswalks" Paul from Pemberton.

Yes, all of the above is bullshit - but if you all continue to agree with each other and support each other - the bullshit becomes real for you.

There is no evidence to suggest that since Rob Clark's appointment as CEO he has done anything to hurt or hinder the Western Force or RugbyWA.

If there was even a suggestion of it. Do you honestly believe that Andrew Forrest and Hodgo would be signing off the Western Force joining SuperRugby AU so quickly?

Of course, the Western Force is entitled to a share of the Broadcast Revenue. They helped earn it in the first place. But who got the great Broadcast Deal in the first place?? Oh yeah, Voldemort.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Senior Player
    vCash
    X not often i'll agree with you but i reckon it was a few more than just Clarke who were involved namely Clyne and a few others on the board who were responsible. Can't underestimate the damage that cancerous Clyne etc has caused the game nationally.

Champion
    vCash
    .There are several other possible scenarios that could force Clarke's hand whether he is willing or not
    I guess one of those scenarios, was AF taking the Force in to the NZ comp, as well as his future money that he is very likely to put into grass roots rugby in Australia.

vCash
    Why am I delusional? What Clark has or hasn't done over the years has been built up by members of this forum to the point that he is now seen as a cross between Thanos, Adolf Hitler, Voldemort, and the Grinch who stole Christmas. The snide remarks made by the members of TWF have become truths for everyone.
    Wow, ok all I was suggesting is that his actions don't come from a simple, easily interpretable set of circumstances and you jump down my throat.Just like you say "the members of twf" or "you lot" can't prove nefarious intent I say you can't prove he's an angel of light.The negotiations aren't even complete and you Gail him as saviour of Aussie rugby.Forgive me my cynicism, I'll wait until I see some hard evidence before I commit to reversing my opinion that he is a grubby, self serving narcissist who is doing his best to look like the best candidate for his next job.You are free to believe he walks on water, but you won't convince me without some evidence

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I dont disagree that what Clyne and Co did back in 2017 was wrong on many levels and their actions brought the game that I love down.

BUT.

Since then, Thanks to Andrew and Nicola Forrest and the Mindaroo foundation. The Western Force is stronger than ever. They are back in SuperRugby and are at the table. Not only that, they appear to have a very strong voice at the table.

The 2021 season will see the Western Force at the sharp end of the Premiership table and featuring in the finals series.

The 2022 season will see the Western Force take on all comers in both SuperRugbyAU and the Trans Tasman Comp and (hopefully) Global Rapid Rugby will finally kickoff with the Perth Spirit side made up of WA produced Rugby Stars that will see them gaining valuable experience making them easy picks for representative honors in the future.

With all this in mind. I have a straightforward question.

What the hell are we arguing about?

Yes, in 2017 the Western Force lost. Since then we have made every post a winner. We are in a stronger position than the Rebels could ever dream to be in.

Exile
    Sydney

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Wow, ok all I was suggesting is that his actions don't come from a simple, easily interpretable set of circumstances and you jump down my throat.Just like you say "the members of twf" or "you lot" can't prove nefarious intent I say you can't prove he's an angel of light.The negotiations aren't even complete and you Gail him as saviour of Aussie rugby.Forgive me my cynicism, I'll wait until I see some hard evidence before I commit to reversing my opinion that he is a grubby, self serving narcissist who is doing his best to look like the best candidate for his next job.You are free to believe he walks on water, but you won't convince me without some evidence
    I did not wish to jump down your throat. My apologies.

I have a challenge for you. In fact everyone else is free to try it as well.

Try and look at all the decisions made by the Current CEO of RugbyAustralia, and change his name to Peter Taylor, or Fred Flinstone. And ask yourself is he doing a good job? Be honest. Take a good hard look at it.

I truly and humbly believe that if you took "his name" out of the equation you would all start to realize that the CEO of RugbyAustralia is doing a very good job.

I am not trying to put him on a pedestal. Nor do I believe that he should be cast in bronze and have him stand in the courtyard of RugbyAustralia HQ. But I do believe he is making the right moves to bring our game out of near insolvency.

Exile
    Sydney

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    I guess one of those scenarios, was AF taking the Force in to the NZ comp, as well as his future money that he is very likely to put into grass roots rugby in Australia.
    JSJ was it Af that made that threat of taking the Force to NZ or was it a journalist? I am not disagreeing with you, just checking.

Exile
    Sydney

vCash
    [QUOTE=.X.;477885]

With all this in mind. I have a straightforward question.

What the hell are we arguing about?

[/Quoted
    If you really want an answer to that I suggest you look back and consider the point where you joined this thread, what the thrust of it was previous and who first mentioned Clarke. On the subject searching quotes from the past; do it. You may realize your MO of continually trying to convince people they are wrong to distrust Clarke/RA, including suggestions they need psychological help is bordering on trolling.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X.;47
    JSJ was it Af that made that threat of taking the Force to NZ or was it a journalist? I am not disagreeing with you, just checking.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...aa8811766e2590"The Western Force have acknowledged the possibility that they could be based in New Zealand next year as part of Super Rugby Aotearoa, even as reports filter across the Tasman that there will be some cross-over fixtures against Kiwi sides at the end of the domestic competitions.

Matt Hodgson, the former Force skipper who has become head of Andrew Forrest’s Global Rapid Rugby, told The Australian on Monday that the Perth club was anxiously awaiting some formal decisions about what the 2021 season and beyond would look like before deciding which path to take."

"Rugby Australia appears to have only the vaguest idea that the Force is even considering relocating to NZ but clearly, if that was to happen, it would have immense ramifications for Australian rugby. For starters, it would mean there would be only four professional franchises remaining here – the NSW Waratahs, Queensland Reds, the Brumbies and the Melbourne Rebels – which would leave the Super Rugby AU competition next year light one team, possibly two."

Champion
    vCash

I could spend 2 weeks sifting thru comments on the various threads here. But I will just make some stuff up for comedy value and to suit my point. Hey - It works for everyone else here.

"Rob Clark steals candy from babies," says Patricia a painter from Padbury

"I heard he drowns puppies" Stewart from Sorrento

"He farts in elevators then blames others" Robert from Rockingham

"As a kid, he killed flies and collected the bodies in his pencil case" Larry from Lesmurdie

"He likes to trip over kids at crosswalks" Paul from Pemberton.

Yes, all of the above is bullshit - but if you all continue to agree with each other and support each other - the bullshit becomes real for you.

There is no evidence to suggest that since Rob Clark's appointment as CEO he has done anything to hurt or hinder the Western Force or RugbyWA.

If there was even a suggestion of it. Do you honestly believe that Andrew Forrest and Hodgo would be signing off the Western Force joining SuperRugby AU so quickly?

Of course, the Western Force is entitled to a share of the Broadcast Revenue. They helped earn it in the first place. But who got the great Broadcast Deal in the first place?? Oh yeah, Voldemort.
    On the money X,for the hundreth time posters on this site refuse to look to the future and carry on about what the evil men from the East continually do to shaft the poor unfortunates from the West,it's becoming very tedious,maybe let's talk about who does all the real damage to the game and have a long hard look in the mirror,some of you guys must be a real blast at parties

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

vCash
    I think your off the mark Westie. Excited for the future, for sure. It's why I paid up straight away. Doesn't mean I've forgotten the past or trust any of the players still hanging around. That isn't even what the thread was about to begin with. The new board is another story and looks positive.

vCash
    I truly and humbly believe that if you took "his name" out of the equation you would all start to realize that the CEO of RugbyAustralia is doing a very good job.
    I would only partially agree and certainly dispute the word very.Although the force are the only club making public statements to that effect, not one Australian club has seen a participation agreement for 2021, nor have they any idea how much money they will get.that impacts the viability of the comp because contracts aren't finalised, squad limits aren't set and the force have gone on a shopping spree for international talent (whether you agree with the tactic or not) that is painting Ra into a corner.i reiterate that there is no evidence that any of the positive outcomes that Clarke has announced have been his doing, they might just have easily been completed through some random billionaire calling in favours (did my best to remove twiggys name from that, because I don't want to appear too blue eyed) it could have been anybody doing anything.There has been no announcements about support for 7s, women's fame, community, how the Shute shield and hospital cup comps will need to be modified in light of the tv deal, and a whole raft of other stuff.Rugby Australia have definitely taken steps in the right direction, evidenced by the fact that I've watched a couple of wallabies games this year, but it's hardly "very good" and it's arguable how much of it is Rob Clarke's doing

C'mon the

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast