Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Signed Memorabilia

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    well, in 2000 I got married (in Sydney) and because my family lives in WA I was convinced by others that it would be a good idea that I spend my honeymoon in WA.

So i am walking around the Hay Street Mall and then I wander thru to Myer and there is this white tent, I walk past it, inside is The Rugby World Cup, the Bledisloe Cup 2 Security Guards and Andrew Blades. He was all alone

I walk up shake his hand congratulate him - tell Mrs Exile to guy buy a disposable camera

He signs a RWC "wanna be a Wallaby" poster

one of the happiest days of my life

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    All cool stuff, especially the black & white photo's Sage. Great idea with the gold pen & it looks like a gold border on the frame.

vCash
    Thanks Larry.

The photos were a little smaller than the frame inserts so I put some gold shiny paper behind there to fill the gap. Looks quite nice in the flesh and most my "photos with players" are like that.

And due to popular demand (well, no one), this is what Burkie looks like from the front.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sagerian
    And due to popular demand (well, no one), this is what Burkie looks like from the front.
    Do you sleep with him?

vCash
    Nah, at the moment he sleeps ontop of the dvd player.

When I finally finish my shelving/bar, he'll go there.

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    I know Super Barmaid had her Irish jumper signed a few weeks ago by the Irish coaches.....a great story.......but I'll let her tell it

vCash
    Met the legendary Timmy Horan at the Paddo during the last World Cup and got him to sign my jersey. Was a little bit star-struck... I think I called him Mr Horan too Although he deserves being called Mr.

Still haven't got it framed yet. One day.

vCash
    Tim Horan is one of my all time fav players. He certainly does deserve to be called Mr.

vCash
    Just dont go calling Andrew Symonds MR Symonds he gets a little confused. I guess Kate couldnt help it at the time since he was in a suit.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The Lone Hydrangea
    Im bloody impressed and envious!Tyranny of distance for Perth im afraid.
    Im definitely going to win that jersey!!

ehem ... exsqueeze me ... It is I who will win muahahahaha!!!! it has been writen ... the prophet ... ummm .... whats his name ... bah ... anyways he wrote that JLO will win ... ... and considering that I am JLo ... no not the singer ... oh no ... not her she is evil!!! but I ... JLo ... aka lonzy ... aka ... me .... will win muhahahahahahahahaha!!! ... okay maybe not !! !... but hey I can dream ... which reminds me I was having a really good dream last night ... but I moved my head and I woke up with this huge amount of pain on my ear ... turns out I had bent the top of it some how while I was sleeping and I need a new matrass! lol The springs are giving my bruises!!! lol!!! true story ... but it will all be okay because I have ... oh yeah ... the one the only (well at least in my house) lion king doona cover!!! oh yes thats right!!! muahahaha ... ummm yeah ... its cuddley warm

any ways back on topic ... I got my wallabies vs south africa programme signed by stirling mortlock and stephen larkem ... me and my friend found the bus muhahahaha and we camped out ... okay not really ... we actually got lost ... and stumble across it but hey !! it was fun! lol but most of the players had put all their bags in and were of partying ... and not being legal ... in a drinking sence at the time ...we could not track them down! lol! ...

my big plan however is to paint the western force players ... oh yes ... the western force players ... and attempt to get the paintings signed ... thats right ... signed!!.

vCash
    When I was just knee-high to a grasshopper and Em was not much bigger and being a huge cricket fan we would take in English county matches on our infrequent holidays (times were tough in those days). Anyway, favourite cricketer was, and still is, the maestro himself: Ian Botham. He used to come up fishing to a place near where we lived (great salmon fishing). We went up there and got a photo of Botham & Viv Richards signed by the great man himself. Unfortunately, the stupid b*stard wrote: "To Emma & Andrew...." - I mean, come on.....does he have no self-respect?! Anyway, I have the photo and still waiting for the next W Indies tour to Australia to try & get Sir Viv to sign it too - about 25 years after Botham!

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Talking to Sparko and TIF tongiht... I remembered I also have a signed photo from Phil Kearns

To Happy, Two Sips, Busted and Harry.. WA's premier Keg Demolition Squad!

hehe

Chuck Norris has the greatest Poker-Face of all time. He won the 1983 World Series of Poker, despite holding only a Joker, a Get out of Jail Free Monopoly card, a 2 of clubs, 7 of spades and a green #4 card from the game Uno.

vCash
    Firstly, very cruel to mention that Brumbies v Tahs game up there...

And as for signed things... I have a fair lot.

Most prized: I managed to win a copy of Stirling Mortlock scoring "that" try v NZ during the World Cup and then later got him to sign it. He rather liked signing that.

- Next I have a Brumbies jersey signed by all of the 2004 Super 12 winning team (and some of the rest of the squad), that was collected at their civic reception after winning.
    - Wallabies jersey signed by about 14 of this year's Wallabies plus Whitaker and Turinui, signed at Wallabies open training session and after Tahs v Brumbies game this season.
    - Wallabies cap signed by Giffin, Mortlock, Gregan, Finegan, Roff, Smith
    - Brumbies 2006 signed poster - all of the 06 squad, collected at Members Day.
    - Reds 05 poster signed by Holmes, Huxley and Croft. (Thanks to Michelle)

And several other things signed by Matt Giteau.... helps when he spends half his Canberra time just across the road. Including the inside cover of the Alpha magazine shoot where is standing on the yellow pages, he just laughed when I asked him to sign that.

Umm think that is all, well for rugby

Last edited by Evie; 31-08-06 at 19:30.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Evie
    Firstly, very cruel to mention that Brumbies v Tahs game up there...
    Sorry Evie. If it helps I was at the 2002 semi-final as well, so you can feel good about that...

Sounds like you've got some awesome signed stuff, very jealous of the Mortlock photo.

vCash
    We should try and organise a photo copy of it for John Mitchell. After all, it was the moment that eventuated in the downfall of his NZ coaching career and brought him to us.
    He must despise that photo. hehe.

I made Happy sad...

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast