Bit more news on Super Rugby in this

Young star Michael McDonald back at Western Force as Super Rugby return looms
Nick Taylor
The West Australian
Tue, 10 November 2020 4:26PM

Junior Wallabies captain and one of Australia’s brightest stars, scrum-half Michael McDonald, has returned to Western Force on a two-year deal.
The expected return comes with Rugby Australia set to confirm that the Force will be part of a new Super Rugby tournament next season.
The Force will again join the Reds, Waratahs, Brumbies and Rebels in the tournament before taking part in a trans-Tasman competition with New Zealand’s Super sides.

McDonald, 21, joined the Waratahs at the end of the 2019 season before the Force were invited back into the re-booted Australian Super Rugby tournament.
He went through the Future Force program, debuted for the Force against the Asia Pacific Dragons in last year’s Global Rapid Rugby Showcase series and made two Super appearances for Waratahs.
“It means the world to me to be back in Perth and with the Force. I absolutely love the place, so to be given the opportunity to pull the Force jersey on again is amazing,” McDonald said.
“I’m very passionate about this club. I grew up supporting and watching the Western Force since moving to Australia from Ireland when I was 13.”
McDonald will get the chance of playing with childhood hero legendary Irish full-back Rob Kearney who has joined the Force for next season.
The players’ families have close links in Ireland and Kearney emailed McDonald wishing him luck before the 2019 Junior World Cup.
“It’s a dream come true to potentially line-up for the club alongside someone like Rob Kearney,” McDonald said.
“As a kid I watched him play for Ireland and Leinster for years. I’m really looking forward to learning as much as I can from him.”
Head of rugby Matt Hodgson said the club was thrilled to have the young No.9 back at the club.
“Michael returning to the Force is a fantastic signing,” Hodgson said.
“It’s exciting to add more young Australian talent and we can’t wait to see him develop his game further.
“We are working hard to ensure promising local players remain in WA and that they progress under the club’s guidance.
“With a massive year ahead in 2021, we’re looking forward to seeing Michael contribute and grow within the squad.”