Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Bledisloe Cup has become a sideshow to rugby's boardroom circus

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Time is rapidly running out for RA to have some kind of comp setup on the coming season. Is there actually a deadline date as to whether anything is even going to happen? The other franchises must be starting to shit themselves with nothing yet resolved.
    I think Alison and Valzc are hitting bull-eyes above. Without a good tv contract, there may not be any Super Au next year and the Force could be the only professional team in Australia.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    If RA can’t get a decent TV deal for super rugby, there will be no RA for AF or the WF to deal with as it will be insolvent, dead, buried and cremated.

I’m very happy for AF to negotiate with whomever he pleases if it means that WA can have a professional rugby team to support and for our youngsters to aspire to.
    Without a TV contract for SuperRugby going forward. There is a very real possibility that there would be no Professional Rugby in Australia.

Now for some of you who think that is exactly what the ERA deserves. Just have a real think about the ramifications of that before celebrating.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Time is rapidly running out for RA to have some kind of comp setup on the coming season. Is there actually a deadline date as to whether anything is even going to happen? The other franchises must be starting to shit themselves with nothing yet resolved.
    Without the Western Force will there be a Super RugbyAU in 2021?

FoxSports wanted a 5 team comp for SuperRugbyAU for 2020. Hence the Western Force being invited to participate.

The Ramifications of the Western Force participating in SuperRugby-Aotearoa are huge.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Without a TV contract for SuperRugby going forward. There is a very real possibility that there would be no Professional Rugby in Australia. .
    I really don't think fox and RA will let it get to that, sure fox will work hard to lowball the price, but they'll still pay. RA, will let it go right down to the wire, but at the death, they will make whatever changes twiggy requires to get their Hg ands on his money. I feel twiggy is clever enough to know this, and also clever enough to hedge by talking to nzr, giving the force a place to play if the brinkmanship doesn't pan out the way he wants. RA don't seem to have any other options, it's take fox money and live on a shoestring but keep your gerrymander and canapes or actually fix rugby in order for twiggy to bail them out. Personally I hope for the latter, but that means I get more excited the worse the news looks because the potential of bankruptcy is the only thing that will cause a change of attitude

C'mon the

vCash
    Paul you aren’t going to win an argument being angry and deningrating other competitions.

Saracens shouldn’t even be in the Champions Cup as they used a squad that is over their qualifying competition’s salary cap.

As for going behind the RA’s back diddums. The RA have done that to the Force on numerous occasions.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Bakkies View Post
    Paul you aren’t going to win an argument being angry and deningrating other competitions.

Saracens shouldn’t even be in the Champions Cup as they used a squad that is over their qualifying competition’s salary cap.

As for going behind the RA’s back diddums. The RA have done that to the Force on numerous occasions.
    Bakkies, your last sentence sums it up perfectly.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2