Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15

Thread: 2021 Force Squad - The List

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Olowofela. Any more anyone?
    Thanks that makes 12, and all as expected.

Time for them to start confirming the additional signings.

Looking forward to it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Simon Cron: “People talk about winning and losing all the time and they are critical, but there’s a process to get into and it’s the ability to stay present, do your job and execute skills under pressure.”

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by wholetruth View Post
    Olowofela. Any more anyone?
    No real surprise in those 12. Making room for the new signings. The 4 from Brumbies signed, and rumoured ones like Matele, Ball, DHP, and the league winger ???? ????

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazzmania View Post
    Cannot get behind the pay wall on The West, but Nick Taylor saying a dozen players leaving.

Off the top of my head: Kearney, Lance, Kurundrani, Longbottom, Brache, Heilburg, Taefu, Lezanu, Cubelli, Miotti, Placid and not sure of number 12
    Are you sure about Lance? Have I missed something?

C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Are you sure about Lance? Have I missed something?
    They just announced Lance.

Rookie
    vCash
    Kieran Longbottom headlines a dozen players who leave Western Force after Super Rugby campaign

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Thu, 1 July 2021 2:59PM

Western Force are stepping up their recruitment drive for the next Super Rugby campaign after saying farewell to a dozen players.

One of those is club legend, prop Kieran Longbottom, who sealed his place in Force history in 2008 when he became the first homegrown player to come through local club ranks and the Force academy to make his Super Rugby debut.

Longbottom, known as “K-Bomb”, is retiring after 75 Force appearances and said he was proud of his role in the club’s development.

“When I was growing up we didn’t have this goal to aim towards,” Longbottom said.

“We dreamed of playing for the Wallabies but there weren’t the steps to achieve that in WA at the time.

“When the Force began it was a huge moment for us and I wanted to be a part of it.

“The Force became a pathway and to have been here for as long as I have means the world to me.

“ I feel I’m leaving the club in a better place than when I first joined.”

Force head of rugby Matt Hodgson said Longbottom would leave a lasting legacy.

“Kieran has been a vital part of the Force history for over a decade and set an example every time he stepped onto the field,” Hodgson said.

“He’s a homegrown player that cares deeply for his state and that was showcased by the way he approached the game with outstanding commitment and professionalism.

“We’ll certainly miss him around the club.”

Former Wallabies centre Tevita Kuridrani has confirmed his departure to French Top 14 club Biarritz.

“Thank you @brumbiesrugby @wallabies and the @westernforce for 10 incredible years in Super Rugby and 6 in the green & gold,” Kuridrani, who made 61 Wallabies appearance, posted on Twitter.

“Time for a new chapter.”

Kuridrani joined the Force last season from the Brumbies after 135 games for the Canberra club.

The Force have lost three of their Argentinian stars, flanker Tomas Lezana, scrum-half Tomas Cubelli and fly-half Domigo Miotti while Ireland full-back Rob Kearney has returned home.

Among others leaving are prop Chris Heiberg, centre Henry Taefu, outside back Marcel Brache and winger Jordan Olowofela who was on loan from English club Leicester Tigers.

The Force have signed Wallabies second-rower Izack Rodda and scrum-half Issak Fines-Leleiwasa, fly-half Reesjan Pasitoa, versatile inside back Bayley Kuenzle and outside flyer Reece Tapine all from the Brumbies.

They are waiting for the signature of flyer Manasa Mataele from the Crusaders and have had talks with former State of Origin winger Blake Ferguson.

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...aign-c-3279343

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    A great clubman who will always be the first to come through locally. And unfortunately a symbol of the hopeless selection policy for Wallabies. Should have made WA's Wallaby list 3.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Ok, so 12 leave and afaik 6 sign on (I assume if mataele doesn't sign they'll look for somebody else)

Squad was about 42 this year right? Does that make a squad of 36?

What are the other Aussie teams running at?

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Ok, so 12 leave and afaik 6 sign on (I assume if mataele doesn't sign they'll look for somebody else)

Squad was about 42 this year right? Does that make a squad of 36?

What are the other Aussie teams running at?
    The only effort to try and track squads is by Rugby Reg on G&GR Forum under each SR team 2022.
    He's not good at maintaining the list but at least there is some effort.
    RR's efforts aren't helped by the poor information flow from the franchises.
    RR has even created a list for the WF 2022.

In 2021 we had 36 in Main Squad (MS) and 6 in Extended Playing Squad (EPS).
    (This mix evidently fits in with RA guidelines and how they allow distribution of the Salary Cap.)

We've lost 11 from the MS and 1 from the EPS.
    In 2022 we can expect some upgrades for some players in the EPS as well as some of the Force Academy moving into the EPS.
    I reckon the squad size will be about the same size as 2021 - eventually.

From all accounts Hodgo has developed an innovative remuneration model (which he's been suggesting to RA/RUPA for years) which allows players to earn more outside of the Oz Rugby Season.
    This is the reason why players such as Yogi went and played in Japan.
    I understand this year players such as Bow Abra (who just wants to play the best rugby that he can - always) will be playing in the ITM.

Hodgo evidently has a good understanding of player "worth" which enabled him to get the 4 players out of the Brumbies set-up and the Internationals and returning Aussies while still under RA's salary cap (as advised by Tony Lewis).

How the innovative model fits in with RA, RUPA, Wallaby top-ups, salary cap rules (and distribution) I would think is likely to be a major discussion point during the development of any ongoing SRAu participation agreement.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by andrewg; 02-07-21 at 08:53.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    How the innovative model fits in with RA, RUPA, Wallaby top-ups, salary cap rules (and distribution) I would think is a major discussion point during the development of the ongoing SRAu participation agreement.
    or not

I would expect the chances of Hodgo driving any change with Rugby Australia are pretty limited

C'mon the

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by The InnFORCEr; 02-07-21 at 09:07.
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15