Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Signing Spree

vCash
    Is Brynard Stander on the Boks' radar at all?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by chibi View Post
    Is Brynard Stander on the Boks' radar at all?
    Presumably, as he was called into the Wallaby training squad, he now has Aus citizenship so wouldn't that rule him out of the Boks?

Legend Court Reporter
    Contributor
    vCash
    No. He will always be eligible for the Boks on the basis of his birth. If he was capped for Australia, it would be another matter.

That said, Stander is not the kind of player the Boks would be interested in.

Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast.

vCash
    Reported on Instagram - Kyle Godwin has signed a 2 year deal for 2021 and 2022

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    TRAIN TO PERTH
    Tevita Kuridrani is set to sign with the Western Force for the 2021 season.

It means that Saturday’s grand final will be his final game for the Brumbies.

The former Wallabies centre was not picked in coach Dave Rennie’s 44-man squad for the October Bledisloe Cup Tests, however the “K-train” remains a dangerous midfielder and will form a powerfield centre combination with Kyle Godwin, who has rebuffed NSW Waratahs to remain in Perth.

Kuridrani is believed to be on $600,000 with Rugby Australia and the Brumbies, but will accept less than that to join the Perth franchise that is building a strong roster for next season.

Former Queensland Reds playmaker Jake McIntyre, now playing for French club Clermont, is another to sign with the Force next season, as is Aussie Sevens flyer Tim Anstee.

They’re also set to sign a number of Argentinian stars including halfback Tomas Cubelli.
    Daily Telegraph

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    All good news 😊

vCash
    Part of me wants to mention retaining a WA pathway, another part of me wants to create a superteam and F**K RUGBY AUSTRALIA UP

I'm leaning towards #2 at the moment, hopefully we can sign guys like DHP and RHP to tick both boxes.

I would also be happy with a 45 player squad, with lots of development spots for WA guys to learn from the talent we're harnessing from around the globe.

DId anybody else notice that line in the Kuridrani piece that he was going to settle for less than 600K to sign with the Force (conveniently forgetting to mention that the Brumbies don't even know right now what they can pay him)

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Hey TIF, can you add to the list some indication of the origin of each player? (I'm keen so see WA or Other)

I'm happy to help with the research if you need

C'mon the

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    ...I would also be happy with a 45 player squad, with lots of development spots for WA guys to learn from the talent we're harnessing from around the globe.
    Whether there is an extended aquad for SR or not, that is the main reason I hope they keep GRR going too. Training alongside top players might be useful, but they have to have somewhere to play as well. They'll leave anyway without that.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
    Whether there is an extended aquad for SR or not, that is the main reason I hope they keep GRR going too. Training alongside top players might be useful, but they have to have somewhere to play as well. They'll leave anyway without that.
    Yeah, I thought about the concept of a squad limit when I wrote that, but there are plenty of ways of circumventing that, Option 1 is "F**k off, I'm paying for this team and I'll contract as many players as I want, If you don't us to play under these conditions I'll go elsewhere" all the way down, through several options to "Yes sir, of course we'll maintain a playing squad of fewer than 32 professional players" and then contracting "Development officers" to fill the rest of the places

C'mon the

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I wonder what odds Ravi will give me for the East Coast Super Rugby Teams to call for a Salary Cap for next year?

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    I wonder what odds Ravi will give me for the East Coast Super Rugby Teams to call for a Salary Cap for next year?
    I think someone posted that the usual suspects @ GAGR are bleating about that already. Karma is a bitch.

Personally, I'm in favour of that as long as distribution of funding and Wallaby contracting are equalised. I don't really want to see AF footing the entire bill going forward.

However if he likes to provide state-of-the-art facilities and fund an academy as well as providing the odd TPP, I wouldn't be too perturbed.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I was going to write in agreement with your "twiggy footing the entire bill" comment, however I'm torn. The obvious other side of that coin is the force holding the rest of Aussie rugby to ransom the way the tahs have done since 1995.

I would suggest that the force would improve the wallabies much more than the tahs if given the ssme leg up

So yeah, might be a bit of a six one half-dozen other thing for me

C'mon the

vCash
    Nothing is certain for the foreseeable future, at least. So, for now I suppose The Western Force remain a privately owned team, rather than a SR franchise. And the way forward is as clear as mud.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Nothing is certain for the foreseeable future, at least. So, for now I suppose The Western Force remain a privately owned team, rather than a SR franchise. And the way forward is as clear as mud.
    Our Force owner and coaches/leaders are obviously convinced the Force will be playing elite rugby somewhere in 2021 and 2022 and convincing themselves and elite players to sign 2 year contracts. I am convinced they are correct. No other side in in Australia appears to able to sign contracts yet, so lets clean up with the player we need and want, while the others have their hands tied waiting for a TV contract.

Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast