Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast

Thread: 2021 Signing Spree

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    So Ryan McCauley from Tahs just been signed?
    Source?

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Force strengthen backline
    October 12, 2020
    The Western Force has continued to consolidate their squad for next season with Jono Lance, Henry Taefu and Jake Strachan all signing contract extensions.

Lance and Taefu have penned one-year deals, while Strachan has signed on for a further two years with the club.

After returning to the Force from UK Premiership side Worcester Warriors, Lance quickly established himself as a key playmaker for the side during the Super Rugby AU campaign.

The two-time Super Rugby champion (2011 and 2014), who now has 26 appearances for the Force after spending two seasons with the club from 2016-17, brought vital experience to the squad this year scoring the third most points in a string of influential performances.

Having spent the entire season away from home, Lance is keen to reacquaint himself with Perth and can’t wait for training to get started.

“I’m really excited to move back and have the opportunity to pull on the Force jersey again next season,” the versatile back explained.

“I’m loving being back, as it’s an exciting time to be a part of rugby in WA.

“Getting the chance to have a full pre-season and have that preparation time before the competition begins next year will be massive for us.”

Another player to have enjoyed a strong Super Rugby AU season, Taefu continued to cement himself as a vital part of the squad after moving to Perth in 2018.

Capped six times by Samoa, the 2019 World Cup player’s fearless approach, tough tackling and hard running has proved a huge asset for the team, as he transitioned seamlessly back into Super Rugby making seven appearances.

Taefu is full of excitement heading into what promises to be another huge season for the Force.

“We have a lot of unfinished business. We want more and we’re looking forward to getting those wins next year,” Taefu said.

“I’ve really enjoyed my time here in Perth, my family love it here, and I think it’s a really exciting time to be a part of the club.

“I’m pumped to get to know the new faces in the squad and learning from them. I can’t wait to see what the likes of Kuridrani, Kearney and the Argentinians bring to the team.”

At 23 years of age, Strachan is an exciting prospect who experienced a memorable first taste of Super Rugby in 2020 following the 2019 NRC title win.

The Brisbane-born fullback enjoyed a fantastic competition debut against the NSW Waratahs at Cbus Super Stadium, with his composed performance at fullback earning him Force’s Retravision Man of the Match award.

Strachan said he’s delighted to be re-signing with the club.

“I’m so grateful to be given the opportunity to represent the Force again next season,” he said.

“This club gave me my first professional contract and I can’t wait to repay the faith they’ve shown in me in the years to come.

“Moving to Perth with my girlfriend and our daughter has been great, we’ve really enjoyed living here and we’re looking forward to continuing to grow in WA together.”

More player announcements can be expected in the coming weeks.
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/forc...I0uStsbJBrt4w4

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    So Ryan McCauley from Tahs just been signed?
    Great if true, we need more locks. Hopefully they are speaking to Rodda as well, that would be a big signing.

vCash
    Good to see Chris Heiberg & Andrew Ready locked in.

Player
    vCash
    One more Prop and that's the Front Row done! Now for the Locks...

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Player
    vCash
    Is Tim Anstee viewed as a 6?

Rookie
    vCash
    Has anyone seen news of Richard Kahui?

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowCooked View Post
    Has anyone seen news of Richard Kahui?
    All Blacks duo confirmed for 2021
    October 14, 2020
    The Western Force is delighted to announce former All Blacks Richard Kahui and Jeremy Thrush have signed new contracts with the club.

With a combined 29 All Blacks caps to their names, Kahui and Thrush bring invaluable experience and skills to the side.

A 2011 World Cup champion and two-time Rugby Championship winner, Kahui is a top class player with 17 test caps who has enjoyed an illustrious career at international and club level, having also been a vital part of the Chiefs’ Super Rugby-winning side in 2012.

The Tokoroa-born centre made his Super Rugby debut in 2006 with the Highlanders before moving to the Chiefs where he went on to make 60 appearances and score 75 points from 2007-13.

Kahui then made the move to Japan, where he became a star player for Top League side Toshiba Brave Lupus. Named captain in 2017, he scored more than 100 points in over 60 appearances for the Fuchu-based outfit. He originally signed a season-long deal with the Force in July for the 2020 Super Rugby AU campaign before extending with a new one-year contract.

“I feel great about the decision to sign on for another season. I really enjoyed playing for the Force this year and it’s great to be able to be with my family now, we’re excited to be here in Perth together,” Kahui said.

“It feels like this team is a really family-oriented one. I felt part of the Force family from the moment I showed up, that’s certainly how my wife and kids felt when they came on tour with us, which means a lot to me.

“I think some of the signings we’ve made have been massive. There are some big names of international rugby and it’s great for Western Force supporters. All the cattle’s there now and we’ve got the ingredients for a big campaign.

“I’m thankful for this opportunity and I’m looking forward to playing in front of our Western Australian fans and ensuring we’re a team they can be proud of.”

Thrush, who has represented New Zealand in 12 tests including at the 2015 World Cup, joined the Force in 2019 from English Premiership side Gloucester. This was the lock’s first season back in Super Rugby after playing over 100 times for the Hurricanes between 2008-15.

Having made his debut for the All Blacks in 2013 against France in his hometown of Auckland, Thrush has forged a reputation as a fierce competitor and a born leader on and off the field having captained the club on two occasions during the 2020 Super Rugby AU season.

Thrush is thrilled to be continuing his career with the Force.

“It’s great to be committing to another year with the club. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time here in Perth at the Force,” Thrush explained.

“My family and I have felt so welcomed by all the players, they’ve made it so easy to transition into the club from day one.

“We’re a very ambitious club and we’re moving forward in the right direction to make the Force and rugby in WA as strong as possible, that’s what really excites me.”
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/all-...rmed-for-2021/

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by volvo View Post
    All Blacks duo confirmed for 2021
    October 14, 2020
    The Western Force is delighted to announce former All Blacks Richard Kahui and Jeremy Thrush have signed new contracts with the club.

With a combined 29 All Blacks caps to their names, Kahui and Thrush bring invaluable experience and skills to the side.

A 2011 World Cup champion and two-time Rugby Championship winner, Kahui is a top class player with 17 test caps who has enjoyed an illustrious career at international and club level, having also been a vital part of the Chiefs’ Super Rugby-winning side in 2012.

The Tokoroa-born centre made his Super Rugby debut in 2006 with the Highlanders before moving to the Chiefs where he went on to make 60 appearances and score 75 points from 2007-13.

Kahui then made the move to Japan, where he became a star player for Top League side Toshiba Brave Lupus. Named captain in 2017, he scored more than 100 points in over 60 appearances for the Fuchu-based outfit. He originally signed a season-long deal with the Force in July for the 2020 Super Rugby AU campaign before extending with a new one-year contract.

“I feel great about the decision to sign on for another season. I really enjoyed playing for the Force this year and it’s great to be able to be with my family now, we’re excited to be here in Perth together,” Kahui said.

“It feels like this team is a really family-oriented one. I felt part of the Force family from the moment I showed up, that’s certainly how my wife and kids felt when they came on tour with us, which means a lot to me.

“I think some of the signings we’ve made have been massive. There are some big names of international rugby and it’s great for Western Force supporters. All the cattle’s there now and we’ve got the ingredients for a big campaign.

“I’m thankful for this opportunity and I’m looking forward to playing in front of our Western Australian fans and ensuring we’re a team they can be proud of.”

Thrush, who has represented New Zealand in 12 tests including at the 2015 World Cup, joined the Force in 2019 from English Premiership side Gloucester. This was the lock’s first season back in Super Rugby after playing over 100 times for the Hurricanes between 2008-15.

Having made his debut for the All Blacks in 2013 against France in his hometown of Auckland, Thrush has forged a reputation as a fierce competitor and a born leader on and off the field having captained the club on two occasions during the 2020 Super Rugby AU season.

Thrush is thrilled to be continuing his career with the Force.

“It’s great to be committing to another year with the club. I’ve thoroughly enjoyed my time here in Perth at the Force,” Thrush explained.

“My family and I have felt so welcomed by all the players, they’ve made it so easy to transition into the club from day one.

“We’re a very ambitious club and we’re moving forward in the right direction to make the Force and rugby in WA as strong as possible, that’s what really excites me.”
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/all-...rmed-for-2021/
    Loved the Thrush signing. Not 100% about Kahui yet. But I trust in Sambo and Hodgo's judgement in what youth and old head mix we need.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    Loved the Thrush signing. Not 100% about Kahui yet. But I trust in Sambo and Hodgo's judgement in what youth and old head mix we need.
    I'm looking forward to see what Kahui can do with a full pre-season with the squad.

He was pulled out of vacation on the Gold Coast with his family where he'd had a couple of months off.
    Evidently he was planning to play some local AFL just to keep fit until Hodgo threw down the challenge.
    Kahui reportedly came with a pair of boots and a mouthguard and had to borrow training kit.

The story goes that during the team prep for the Brumbies game, in which Kahui was getting a break under the HIA protocols, when Kyle stepped up to lift an esky full of sports drink onto the bus, Kahui waved him aside and said something like "leave that for the non-players - focus on the game mate!"

Sounds just like the senior bloke we need around our young squad.

PS He and his family (wife+3) have relocated to Perth.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by andrewg View Post
    I'm looking forward to see what Kahui can do with a full pre-season with the squad.

He was pulled out of vacation on the Gold Coast with his family where he'd had a couple of months off.
    Evidently he was planning to play some local AFL just to keep fit until Hodgo threw down the challenge.
    Kahui reportedly came with a pair of boots and a mouthguard and had to borrow training kit.

The story goes that during the team prep for the Brumbies game, in which Kahui was getting a break under the HIA protocols, when Kyle stepped up to lift an esky full of sports drink onto the bus, Kahui waved him aside and said something like "leave that for the non-players - focus on the game mate!"

Sounds just like the senior bloke we need around our young squad.

PS He and his family (wife+3) have relocated to Perth.

Sounds like a great story and gives you an inclination as to his class. I think having these two guys on deck will be valuable for the Force and the culture of the club going forward. Jeremy has been great in the local club community when he has been able to attend at Kala as well not just on the field but at club functions. Hopefully Richard comes out to Kala as well, All Blacks players are always well received at the Bull Pen for some reason. 🤔

Ps Kalamunda AGM is tonight for any interested parties.

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Wow, surprised at a few of the names of the 14 guys that they have let go today. Stowers, Ferris, Jooste

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    I never saw the appeal of Jooste.

There were huge wraps on him before his signing with the Brumbies. But he never seemed to amount to anything in Canberra and when he returned to Perth and signed with the Force he never seemed to step up when the opportunity was given to him.

I will admit I have zero knowledge of his Club Football Prior to SuperRugby. But, not all Club Football Champions are Champions at the higher level.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    Inclined to agree on Jooste, but surprised about Ferris and the front rowers. Guess it is the fall-out of the call on GRR next year, and tends to suggest the NRC is indeed toast.

Page 9 of 14 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast