Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: 2021 Signing Spree

Rookie
    vCash
    Western Force sign former Wallabies junior world cup fly-half Jake McIntyre

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Fri, 6 November 2020 10:41AM

The Western Force Super Rugby rebuild continues to gather momentum with the signing of former Wallabies junior world cup fly-half Jake McIntyre on a two-year deal.

The former Queensland Reds playmaker has been playing in the French Top 14 competition for three seasons with Agen and Clermont.

He was Agen’s top scorer in his first two seasons with more than 100 points.

McIntyre, 26, made his Super Rugby debut in 2015 and steered the Reds attack the following year.

He had been touted as Quade Cooper’s replacement but was released after the rise of Hamish Stewart and with the Queenslanders apparently not prepared to fork out significant cash to keep him.

McIntyre played in both the 2013 and 2014 under-20 world championships and a return home has refuelled his Wallabies dream.

“It’s been a childhood dream since I could talk, I think it was my first word,” McIntyre said.

“My main focus is to play well and do my best for the Force. If I do that and if it does come up it will be dream come true.

“For me it was a no-brainer to join the Force. I share the ambition the club has shown, and I want to grow with the club to achieve success.

“After talking with players like (winger) Brad Lacey, there’s obviously a very strong rugby community in WA, which I can’t wait to contribute to and be a part of.

“It’s rare you find a place where players only have positive things to say, so I think that speaks volumes for the family culture at the club.

“It’s been an incredible journey for them. It’s a pretty great story. Hopefully with the recruits we can build something special.

“I’m really looking forward to playing rugby back home in Australia in front of family and friends, that’s going to be special.”

Head of rugby Matt Hodgson said McIntyre had exceptional positional and tactical awareness.

“His vision and rugby intelligence are strong assets, so we’re looking forward to seeing that on display on the training track and during the 2021 season,” Hodgson said.

“It’s always great to have Australian players return home and having seen him thrive in France we’re excited to see Jake show the country what he’s capable of in a Force jersey.”
    https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881714392z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Looking at his highlight reel he certainly seems to have all the skills.

Only 26 as well, so a good signing

I think I'm OK with 10 now, if they haven't found some gold in that lot, there's a problem.

THere should be some room in the EPS and Academy for a young WA 10

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    Looking at his highlight reel he certainly seems to have all the skills.

Only 26 as well, so a good signing

I think I'm OK with 10 now, if they haven't found some gold in that lot, there's a problem.

THere should be some room in the EPS and Academy for a young WA 10
    What about that Caleb Young from Cottesloe who sunk my team Soaks with a perfect kicking record in the GF?

vCash
    Or the Joondalup colt who was awarded man of the match in the GF against Soaks this year. A young South African guy called Carlo Alexander. Fabulous talent.

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    I'm not really familiar with the local club scene but those boys sound like exactly the sort if player I gad in my head. Young, capable, eager to learn from an old head with quality experience. Somebody like that needs to be the force succession plan. I'd suggest keeping tabs on all of them because sport is cruel and you never know whether the one you pick will suffer a career ending injury or discover that he likes his girlfriend/beer/job more than rugby

C'mon the

Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    What about that Caleb Young from Cottesloe who sunk my team Soaks with a perfect kicking record in the GF?
    You mean uni 10 in 2021

Senior Player
    vCash
    Homegrown star reunites with boyhood club
    November 10, 2020
    The Western Force has reinforced its young Western Australian talent stocks with Australian U20 World Cup player Michael McDonald returning to the club on a two-year contract.

Having risen through the ranks as part of the Future Force program before debuting for the Force against the Asia Pacific Dragons during the 2019 Global Rapid Rugby Showcase, the 21-year-old is poised to pick up where he left off in WA.

Making his Super Rugby debut this year for the NSW Waratahs against New Zealand’s Waikato Chiefs, the scrum-half, who has captained the Junior Wallabies, has a bright future ahead of him at the Force.

“It means the world to me to be back in Perth and with the Force. I absolutely love the place, so to be given the opportunity to pull the Force jersey on again is amazing,” McDonald said.

“I’m very passionate about this club. I grew up supporting and watching the Western Force since moving to Australia from Ireland when I was 13.”

The dynamic number nine is keen to reunite with some familiar faces, as well as a childhood hero.

“It’s a dream come true to potentially line-up for the club alongside Rob Kearney. As a kid I watched him play for Ireland and Leinster for years. I’m really looking forward to learning as much as I can from him,” he said.

Head of rugby Matt Hodgson is thrilled to have the talented number nine back at the club.

“Michael returning to the Force is a fantastic signing. It’s exciting to add more young Australian talent and we can’t wait to see him develop his game further,” Hodgson explained.

“We are working hard to ensure promising local players remain in WA and that they progress under the club’s guidance.

“With a massive year ahead in 2021, we’re looking forward to seeing Michael contribute and grow within the squad.”
    https://www.westernforce.com.au/home...krjT7WqZV_Y5N0

vCash
    So when (if) the Force ever get on FTA and the commentators mention him, it'll always be either "Irish-born Michael McDonald" or "ex-Waratah Michael McDonald"!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    So when (if) the Force ever get on FTA and the commentators mention him, it'll always be either "Irish-born Michael McDonald" or "ex-Waratah Michael McDonald"!
    OK, I applaud the chip-on-the-shoulder attitude, but with 9 telecasting for the first time in ever, there really isn't any history to refer to. I would expect it will depend heavily on how much money RA want to suck out of twiggy wallt

C'mon the

vCash
    OK, I applaud the chip-on-the-shoulder attitude, but with 9 telecasting for the first time in ever, there really isn't any history to refer to. I would expect i

Just employ some GRR Commentators. Say Gordon Bray, Mick Coless and Scott Fava. Plus maybe Sharpie, Canno and Cam Shepherd. Simples.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I'll commentate for free!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    Just employ some GRR Commentators. Say Gordon Bray, Mick Coless and Scott Fava. Plus maybe Sharpie, Canno and Cam Shepherd. Simples.
    Ironic that three of those names have been jettisoned by fox (Bray was never with fox was he? That'd make 4)

C'mon the

vCash
    Have read somewhere that Drew Mitchell is possibly in the job-spare me! Gordon Bray Mick Coliss, Sharpie & Roy & HG for me! That’s a party!

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Ironic that three of those names have been jettisoned by fox (Bray was never with fox was he? That'd make 4)
    Nope Gordon Bray was with the Channel 7 Commentary Team including Simon Poidevin and Chris (Budda) Handy

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    Channel Nine? What about Rabs calling rugby?! What a contrOHversy!

Japan and the Pacific Islands for Aussie Super 9's!

Let's have one of these in WA! Click this link: Saitama Super Arena - New Perth Stadium?

Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast