Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Super Saturday - 5 September 2020

vCash
    I'd agree with everybody's comments, for my money, we need to recruit 8 players of equal or superior quality to our starters and consider those we've been using as bench options this year as development players or surplus to needs because lack of depth has been devastating in every game that we had a chance (and I include the blow out against the reds where we were in the hunt until the reserves started coming on)

Areas of need would be
    props, Keirnan and peck are nearing the end of their career and we need to plan for that
    Locks thrush has similarly little time left and our other options don't appear to be starting quality
    Flyhalf was a hole before the season started, jono was an improvement, but didn't take it far enough, McGregor is too dependent on getting front foot ball to be more than injury cover
    Centre's if indeed Godwin is going to the tahs I don't think I'd stand in the way. We have several options in that mould, maybe not with the experience, but certainly with the power and poise, where we're short is a lively stepper of world class, that would give us options in selection.
    outside backs, McGregor is a good fullback, and placid (if fit) is a weapon, but beyond that, I'm struggling to see enough to match it with the others, ralston has been a good finisher, but could look for more work, brache and lacey I would consider bench options. Either a super duper complete player on the wing to boss ralston into developing the final 10% he needs or a couple of legitimate options to push both placid and ralston at selection.

That's not really the 8 I mentioned, but the extra few would provide greater depth either in those areas of need or somewhere else where we're not so desperate like hooker, where tessman is likely to move on soon or 9 to cover prior in the next few years

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    With Saturdays results I take most satisfaction that once again the Western Force were able to tear the hearts out of the NSW Waratahs in NSW and we didnt have to put up with seeing their poofy blue jerseys.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    With Saturdays results I take most satisfaction that once again the Western Force were able to tear the hearts out of the NSW Waratahs in NSW and we didnt have to put up with seeing their poofy blue jerseys.
    Nice to see the glass half full attitude there Gerry. The problem in this case is that no matter which half ended up full the empty half still tasted like cat piss.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Would love to prioritise some of the old Force / WA players who are largely being underused by their franchises to be brought back for next year:
    Shambeckler Vui
    Tetera Faulkner
    Adam Coleman
    Ross Haylett-Petty
    Richard Hardwick
    Angus Cottrell
    Ryan Louwrens
    Reesjan Pasitoa
    Zack Holmes
    Andrew Deegan

We weren't too far off the mark this year. A proper preparation for Super Rugby and playing half of our games at home should make a huge difference. So I certainly wouldn't want to see a lot of the players that have shown loyalty to the Force over the last few years thrown aside. However trust Tim Sampson and Matt Hodgson to do well in who they recruit - they've done well so far under very trying circumstances!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4