Thread: Super Saturday - 5 September 2020

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Super Saturday - 5 September 2020

Rebels v Western Force - 1.00pm WST

North Island v South Island - 3.10pm WST

Reds v Brumbies - 5.20pm WST

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Super Rugby AU Teams: All the lineups for round 10

by Christy Doran

Rebels captain Dane Haylett-Petty returns for his side's must-win match against the Western Force while the Reds have welcomed back a number of players from injury for their top of the table clash against the Brumbies.

Here's all your team news for the final round of the regular Super Rugby AU season.

Western Force v Melbourne Rebels at McDonald James Stadium in Newcastle. Kick off: 3pm AEST, Saturday 5 September.

After more than a month sidelined because of a knee-injury, Haylett-Petty returns at fullback for the Reds' must-win clash against the Force in Newcastle.

The Test fullback's return has forced a tweak to his side's backline, with Reece Hodge shifting to outside-centre where he will partner Billy Meakes. Matt To'omua shifts to fly-half and Andrew Deegan drops to the bench, while Tom Pincus has been promoted from the bench to take the right-wing position with Andrew Kellaway dropping out of the 23.

Up front and the tight-five remains the same, while there's just the one change to the back-row with Richard Hardwick coming into the starting side for Brad Wilkin who is on the bench.

On the bench and Australian sevens star Lachie Anderson is in-line to make his debut.

Force coach Tim Sampson has also tweaked his side for their final match of the season.

Like the rebels, there's just one change to the forward pack with Brynard Stander starting at openside flanker for Kane Koteka who will come off the bench.

In the backs, World Cup-winning All Black Richard Kahui drops out of the side and his absence sees Byron Ralson start on the right-wing and Kyle Godwin shift one closer to the action at outside centre.

Force (1-15): Pek Cowan, Andrew Ready, Kieran Longbottom, Jeremy Thrush, Ollie Atkins, Fergus Lee Warner, Brynard Stander, Henry Stowers, Ian Prior (c), Jono Lance, Marcel Brache, Henry Taefu, Kyle Godwin, Byron Ralston, Jack McGregor

Reserves: Heath Tessmann, Chris Heiberg, Dominic Hardman, Johan Bardoul, Kane Koteka, Nick Frisby, Nick Jooste, Jake Strachan

Ins: Heath Tessmann, Dominic Hardman, Johan Bardoul

Outs: Richard Kahui, Feleti Kaitu'u, Tom Sheminant, Tevin Ferris

Rebels (1-15): Cameron Orr, Jordan Uelese, Jermaine Ainsley, Matt Philip, Trevor Hosea, Michael Wells, Richard Hardwick, Isi Naisarani, James Tuttle, Matt To'omua, Marika Koroibete, Bill Meakes, Reece Hodge, Tom Pincus, Dane Haylett-Petty (c)

Reserves: Efitusi Ma'afu, Cabous Eloff, Matt Gibbon, Michael Stolberg, Brad Wilkin, Frank Lomani, Andrew Deegan, Lachie Anderson

Ins: Dane Haylett-Petty, Matt Gibbon, Lachie Anderson

Outs: Andrew Kellaway, Campbell Magnay, Pone Fa'amausili

Queensland Reds v Brumbies at Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane. Kick off: 7:20pm AEST, Saturday 5 September

Reds coach Brad Thorn has welcomed back a couple of key backs from injury while there's a tweak to the forward pack too.

Harry Hoopert returns to the starting side at loose-head porp.

He's the only change to the forward pack, which has been bolstered by experienced on the bench by the returns of the Smith brothers - JP and Ruan.

But it's in the backline where there's been a couple of key changes.

Hamish Stewart is fit to keep his spot at inside centre, but he's joined by Jordan Petaia who comes off the bench to wear the jersey he wore for the Wallabies in last year's quarter-final loss to England in Japan.

Chris Feauai-Sautia returns on the right-wing, while the exciting Hunter Paisami is back in the folder after recovering from his injury quicker than expected.

Brumbies coach Dan McKellar has also welcomed back some star power.

After missing for the past fortnight, experienced Wallaby Tevita Kuirdrani returns at outside centre and his return sees Solomone Kata back to the bench.

Test halfback Nic White comes in for Joe Powell, who drops out of the squad altogether and has been replaced by Ryan Lonergan.

Up front there's a couple of minor changes too, with Scott Sio rotating in for his Wallabies teammate James Slipper while Folau Fainga'a will start ahead of Connal McInerney at hooker.

Darcy Swain comes in for Murray Douglas in the second-row, as does Rob Valetini for Lachie McCaffrey.

While the Brumbies have already locked up top spot and will host the final on September 19, McKellar said he was pleased to bring in some experience as they look to end the Reds' undefeated run in Brisbane in 2020.

"It's great to be able to recall players with so much experience into the side this week," McKellar said.

"Whitey has been great for the group since returning and the likes of Folau and Tev have been training really well over the past couple of weeks and have earned their place in the team.

"The Reds are undefeated at Suncorp Stadium this year and we haven't played our best up there in the last couple of years so we know the challenge in front of us and we'll be up for it on Saturday night."

Reds (1-15): Harry Hoopert, Brandon Paenga-Amosa, Taniela Tupou, Angus Blyth, Lukhan Salakaia-Loto, Liam Wright (c), Fraser McReight, Harry Wilson, Tate McDermott, James O'Connor, Filpo Daugunu, Hamish Stewart, Jordan Petaia, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Jock Campbell

Reserves: Josh Nasser, JP Smith, Ruan Smith, Tuaina Taii Tualima, Angus Scott-Young, Moses Sorovi, Bryce Hegarty, Hunter Paisami

Ins: JP Smith, Ruan Smith, Chris Feauai-Sautia, Hunter Paisami

Outs: Jack Straker, Josh Flook, Zane NonggorrJack Hardy

Brumbies (1-15): Scott Sio, Folau Fainga'a, Allan Alaalatoa (c), Darcy Swain, Cadeyrn Neville, Rob Valetini, Will Miller, Pete Samu, Nic White, Bayley Kuenzle, Tom Wright, Irae Simone, Tevita Kuridrani, Andy Murihead, Tom Banks

Reserves: Connal McInerney, James Slipper, Tom Ross, Nick Frost, Lachie McCaffrey, Ryan Lonergan, Len Ikitau, Solomone Kata

Ins: Tevita Kuridrani, Nick Frost, Ryan Lonergan,

Outs: Joe Powell, Murray Douglas, Reesjan Pasitoa

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...s-force-rebels

vCash
    Barrett v Mo'unga: Teams for North v South clash revealed
    TODAY AT 11:37 AM INTERNATIONAL
    by Christy Doran

All Blacks playmakers Beauden Barrett and Richie Mo'unga will go head to head against one another after being selected at fly-half for New Zealand's highly anticipated North versus South Island clash at Sky Stadium on Saturday evening.

Barrett, the two-time World Player of the Year, was shifted to fullback to allow for Mo'unga - the four time Super Rugby champion fly-half with the Crusaders - to wear the No.10 jersey at the World Cup.

But the All Blacks' semi-final exit cast a shadow over the selection change so late in the piece of the four-year World Cup cycle.

Once again, who wears the No.10 jersey under Ian Foster is one of new coach's big headaches of the 2020 international season as the All Blacks commence life after Steve Hansen who moved on following last year's World Cup.

Nor is it the only headache though, with Test talent littered throughout the two teams.

It's the first North v South clash since 2012, but unfortunately fans will be prevented from attending due to the COVID-19 outbreak in Auckland last month.

Barrett links up with his former teammate at the Hurricanes, TJ Perenara, and will control a side that oozes talent across the backline with only left-winger Caleb Clark the only player without a Test cap to his name.

Damian McKenzie will wear the fullback jersey and his clash against Jordie Barrett is another key matchup.

Up front there is plenty of Test experience too with regular All Blacksprops Karl Tu'inukuafe and Ofa Tuungafasi to start and Ardie Savea wearing the No.7 jersey in the absence of All Blacks captain Sam Cane.

They will come up against a South side that features Crusaders right across the side, with Joe Moody and Codie Taylor joined by Nepo Laulala in the front-row, while lock Sam Whitelock captains the side.

In the backline Mo'unga is joined by Chiefs No.9 Brad Weber, while Hurricanes fullback Barrett is the only other non-Crusaders in the backline.

North Island coach John Plumtree said his side wouldn't have any issues with motivation.

"The North has gelled together really well this week and the players are having a lot of run," he said

"They're really excited at the challenge against the South and certainly not lacking in any motivation."

Added South coach Brad Mooar: "It's always hard to pick those in the 23 and all 28 in our squad could've been selected."

Foster will name his All Blacks squad on Sunday.

North v South at Sky Stadium in Wellington at 5.10pm AEST. Watch LIVE on Foxtel, Foxtel Go or Kayo Sports. Buy a Kayo Subscription here.

NORTH ISLAND (1-15): Karl Tu'inukuafe, Asafo Aumua, Ofa Tuungafasi, Patrick Tuipulotu (c), Tupou Vaa'i, Akira Ioane, Ardie Savea, Hoskins Sotutu, TJ Perenara, Beauden Barrett, Caleb Clark, Anton Lienert-Brown, Rieko Ioane, Sevu Reece, Damian McKenzie

Reserves: Ash Dixon, Ayden Johnstone, Angus Ta'avo, Scott Scrafton, Dalton Papalioo, Aaron Smith, Peter Umaga-Jensen, Mitch Hunt

SOUTH ISLAND (1-15): Joe Moody, Codie Taylor, Nepo Laulala, Sam Whitelock (c), Mitchell Dunshea, Shannon Frizell, Tom Christie, Tom Sanders, Brad Weber, Richie Mo'unga, George Bridge, Jack Goodhue, Braydon Ennor, Will Jordan, Jordie Barrett

Reserves: Liam Coltman, George Bower, Tyrel Lomax, Manaaki Selby-Rickit, Dillion Hunt, Finlay Christie, Josh Ioane, Leicester Fainga'anuku

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...inst-wallabies

vCash
    Didn't bother linking the SMH article. Only one team playing our match apparently.

Super Rugby AU Teams: All the lineups for round 10

.......World Cup-winning All Black Richard Kahui drops out of the side and his absence sees Byron Ralson start on the right-wing and Kyle Godwin shift one closer to the action at outside centre.

I'm happy with that change. For mine Kahui has missed too many tackles and kicked away possession too often when going through the hands looked the better option. Good to see Nick Jooste recalled to the bench - good utility value. I thought he was doing some good stuff and was unlucky to be dropped in the first place..

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...s-force-rebels

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    The rwbs have bought out the big guns for this, expect Hardwick to go the knuckle yet again. I'm ashamed to call him a sandgroper.

Winning this one is the only option for me

C'mon the

vCash
    Ralston, can't even get the spelling correct.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Ralston, can't even get the spelling correct.
    Splitting hairs bro, they got it right in the team list.

We don't want to look like perennial whingers

C'mon the

vCash
    It shits me seeing Cameron Orr on the Rebels - and Deegan! Guess they'll be using Isi as a battering ram again, and I'm pretty sure this is the first time that DHP has ever actually played against the Force? He's always been either on Wallabies duty or injured.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    expect Hardwick to go the knuckle yet again. I'm ashamed to call him a sandgroper.
    You understand he is a Rugby player right?

He is doing what he is coached to do.

Especially as an openside Flanker.

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

vCash
    The rwbs have bought out the big guns for this, expect Hardwick to go the knuckle yet again. I'm ashamed to call him a sandgroper.

Winning this one is the only option for me
    100% GIGS

Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

Champion Contributor sandgroperrugby's Avatar
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

Agree

Generally speaking you aren’t learning much if your lips are moving!!!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post

I am sure our boys niggle Hardwick a bit as well hoping to get a penalty or a card out of it

Champion
    vCash
    expect Hardwick to go the knuckle yet again. I'm ashamed to call him a sandgroper.
    Gigs have you ever laced up a pair of boots,actually don't bother replying to that I already know the answer.

Wests Scarborough 1st Grade juggernaut has played finals rugby each and every year since its inception and continues this remarkable feat yet again this season and unbelievably it's still rolling on and as an added little circle jerk for the masses Wests actually hold the record for the current longest unbroken finals record.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Blatant rebels hands in ruck...

vCash
    True. But the Rabble clearly winning the breakdownn so far. Hardwick's having a day out.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast