Thread: You vs Me

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

You vs Me

I think I now understand where I went wrong. After all this time I spent shouting at the windmills for spinning in the wrong direction. It wasn’t everyone else. Its me. I am not to blame. I didn’t do anything wrong. I am just not like everyone else.

Maybe I missed the memo. The document on how one should act when you are “one of us”. There is a certain way of doing things. Unique to this band of brothers. I don’t fit in. Maybe I never will.

I am beginning to think I am not supposed to be a Western Force fan. No – that’s not right. I think I can be a fan of the Western Force. I don’t think I have the right wiring, the attitude to be a part of The Sea of Blue. Certainly not a vocal member. Definitely not with the attitudes and the opinions I have.

You see, I LOVE Rugby Union. In all its forms. I don’t hate other teams. I certainly don’t actively hate a team because of the actions of Administrators. My decision to like or not like another team is not based on how actively they supported or opposed the removal of the Western Force from Super Rugby Competition. My decision to like or not like a former player is not based on how actively they supported or opposed the removal of the Western Force from Super Rugby Competition.

Being a lover of all things Rugby Union means that I don’t hate former Western Force players for playing for other teams. I don’t believe that Referees are cheats who want the Western Force to lose. I am happy to accept that some teams are better then the Force. That sometimes other teams can in fact outplay the Force without the need of assistance from the on field officials.

I think the other reason why I can not be a member of the Sea of Blue is that I think I am an optimist. I think that the fact that RugbyAustralia refuse to accept RugbyNZ offer to join Super Rugby Aotearoa with nothing less then 5 Teams is a real sign that RugbyAustralia are trying to move on from 2017. The other problem is that I don’t believe that I know someone based on one action (from 2017). I personally believe that one action doesn’t maketh the man. But that’s just me – call me crazy.

Nothing for nothing. IF you want, we can talk about Rugby and how things are slowly improving. Or you can go back to telling each other how things are falling apart and hating everything. But I will continue to have no part of the hatefest. I cant stomach it.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Legend Contributor
    vCash
    It is a forum with lots of threads. Participate in those you are interested in, ignore the rest. It is what I do, and I'm sure I'm not alone.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by .X. View Post
    Maybe I missed the memo. The document on how one should act when you are “one of us”. There is a certain way of doing things. Unique to this band of brothers. I don’t fit in. Maybe I never will.

I am beginning to think I am not supposed to be a Western Force fan. No – that’s not right. I think I can be a fan of the Western Force. I don’t think I have the right wiring, the attitude to be a part of The Sea of Blue. Certainly not a vocal member. Definitely not with the attitudes and the opinions I have.

You see, I LOVE Rugby Union. In all its forms. I don’t hate other teams. I certainly don’t actively hate a team because of the actions of Administrators.
    Stick around, mate.

Some of us here are not "one of us". I'm not, but still support the Force and go to games.

This site is great for being focused on WA plus the Force and the game locally. That's both its strength and weakness.

So, the only thing I'd add to what AndyS said about participating in what's interesting here is ... to also check out places elsewhere and other conversations.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Apprentice
    vCash
    Well looking back through a heap of the threads I barely see any negative reactions around your comments. Most of the hate is directed towards Spartan/Spine. I can only imagine how or what you would feel if the same negativity constantly thrown his way was thrown at you. I guess people have different levels of sensitivity and considering he comes across as the sea of blues biggest fan I dont think you should stop being part of the fan group just because your opinions dont align with the swarms. Independant thought should be encouraged, not condemned, and in saying that this place definitely misses some of those passionate heated discussions in some of the previous threads.keep on trucking bro.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by FORCEGRR View Post
    Well looking back through a heap of the threads I barely see any negative reactions around your comments. Most of the hate is directed towards Spartan/Spine. I can only imagine how or what you would feel if the same negativity constantly thrown his way was thrown at you. I guess people have different levels of sensitivity and considering he comes across as the sea of blues biggest fan I dont think you should stop being part of the fan group just because your opinions dont align with the swarms. Independant thought should be encouraged, not condemned, and in saying that this place definitely misses some of those passionate heated discussions in some of the previous threads.keep on trucking bro.
    I see now where you got that mysterious 16 million vCash

X, despite the endorsement by a Spartan supporter I still think you're a good bloke

and you know I sit on the opposite side of the Force/"Greater good of rugby" fence to you

C'mon the