Thread: Force head north for home games with Waratahs, Reds

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Force head north for home games with Waratahs, Reds

YESTERDAY AT 5:51 PM SUPER RUGBY - AU
    by Beth Newman

The Force will play their next two home games at the Gold Coast's Cbus Super Stadium after relocating to the NSW north coast.

After spending the first five weeks of the competition in the Hunter Valley, the WA side are relocating up to Kingscliff later this week.

From that base, they will drive to their next two home games against the Waratahs and the Reds on the Gold Coast, going in and out by bus on game day.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk on Wednesday announced that NSW and ACT would be classified as hotspots and entry would be restricted.

That decision is not believed to have had any impact on the Super Rugby AU competition, with all five teams able to travel in and out of Queensland with a government exemption.

Both the round 7 and 8 games were originally set to be played in Perth but government restrictions in WA mean that teams would still have to quarantine for two weeks if they were to try and play games in Perth.

The Rebels are the only other team yet to lock in their final home games, in a similar situation to the Force.

Melbourne has games against the Waratahs and the Force on August 29 and September 4 that were originally scheduled for AAMI Park but with Melbourne in stage four lockdown those will likely be relocated.

Watch every Super Rugby AU match on Foxtel and Kayo Sports. Buy a Kayo subscription here.

FIXTURES
    Force home games

Friday August 14, 7:05pm AEST - Force vs Waratahs, Cbus Super Stadium

Friday August 21, 7:05pm AEST - Force vs Reds, Cbus Super Stadium

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...rce-home-games

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Really feel for the guys being away so long - bloody tough. And I hope Sampo is getting lots of time to review what needs working on. They're sooooo close its very frustrating they've not gotten the bickies yet. Would rather see Ian back at 9 tho'. Need quicker ball at ruck IMHO.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by valzc View Post
    Really feel for the guys being away so long - bloody tough. And I hope Sampo is getting lots of time to review what needs working on. They're sooooo close its very frustrating they've not gotten the bickies yet. Would rather see Ian back at 9 tho'. Need quicker ball at ruck IMHO.
    And Prior is deadly at the poles.

vCash
    I've been very perplexed as to why Frisby has been kept on so long in the last two games, given his service has been very slow and defence average. His pass for the try last week was very good, but not much to note besides that.
    Would much rather Abel be given more of a run as he seems very capable and a good future prospect.

Hopefully Prior is back next week! Our attack looks a lot more dangerous with the quick ball he's able to get to Lance.

Champion
    vCash
    Tim Sampson tells how hard it is in this story. Go well Boys.

Western Force become most travelled team in Super Rugby, already clocking up 5000km
    Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Thu, 6 August 2020 1:00PM

Western Force are the most travelled team in Australian Super Rugby having already set up home in four hubs in just 27 days.
    They have clocked up 5000km since their disrupted campaign started and there is more to come as coronavirus restrictions tighten.
    They had a brief stay in Sydney ahead of their first match against the Waratahs at the SCG and were in a Hunter Valley hub for games against the Reds at Suncorp Stadium and Brumbies and Rebels at Leichhardt Oval.
    They moved to Coffs Harbour last weekend for their bye week but with matches against the Waratahs and Reds now at the Gold Coast Cbus Super Stadium they moved to Kingscliff on the NSW north coast.
    They have a government exemption to take charter buses to and from their new base to the ground.
    Canberra is the next stop for the Brumbies clash but the final game against the Rebels could be in Newcastle, Gosford or the Gold Coast.
    The Force had hoped for three home games but travel restrictions ended those hopes.
    Coach Tim Sampson said the trauma of their axing three years ago by Rugby Australia had brought a resilience for the difficulties of hub-life.
    “I spoke about that before we left and how an experience like that makes you stronger,” Sampson said.
    “It is challenging but we are a tight group and this has brought us even closer.
    “The guys just get on with the job. They have an attitude of ‘whatever, lets deal with it and get on with it’.
    “I’ve been in squads where you get little pockets that can make it very difficult but this group is so good to work with.”
    Sampson knows first hand how hard hub-life can be on family.
    After the extra-time heartbreak loss to the Rebels his wife Kristen and two young daughters Mia and Alyssa rang.
    “Kris is pretty supportive and they all try and console me when we lose,” Sampson said.
    “This time when I was talking to the girls they started started crying.
    “It pulls on the heart strings and no matter how tough you try to be it can be bloody hard.”
    The Sampson’s have had a tough year.
    Sampson had to leave Malua Bay in NSW where they were on a Christmas break as bushfires broke out.
    Towns were closed behind him as he drove out, not knowing his family had been evacuated to the beach as the fires closed in.
    “I couldn’t get in touch with Kris and the girls for two-and-a-half days. I still don’t think the girls have recovered from it,” Sampson said.

Champion
    vCash
    And there are tossers in the east that feel sorry for the Rabble.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    My god I’m so proud of the boys -wish there was more we could do to let ‘em know we’re behind them all.

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    with new border controls about to be announced by queensland,how will the Force fare,staying in NSW and playing in Queensland?

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    with new border controls about to be announced by queensland,how will the Force fare,staying in NSW and playing in Queensland?
    From the story by Nick Taylor: They have a government exemption to take charter buses to and from their new base to the ground.

vCash
    Is it my imagination, but I thought that was a really weird Rebs Brums result. Why have all the Rebs games been such dour affairs?Have read that Wessels is getting advice from Jake White, so they’re trying to play Jake Ball, but still looks a mess. Rebels just hurling themselves all over the ruck and running like maniacs.Deegan added some structure (unfortunately). Maybe that gives us the blueprint to the next game against the Brumbies.

vCash
    What? Play Ike shit and rely on the Ref to ignore us cheating at the ruck. That sounds like a great plan

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    What? Play Ike shit and rely on the Ref to ignore us cheating at the ruck. That sounds like a great plan
    Hahaha! Yup good point.

vCash
    Looks like someone got the hard word on not letting the Tahs sit on the bottom of the ladder.

vCash
    All part of a cunning plan. Had they lost or won narrowly, they would not be so complacent next week. The SMH is blowing smoke up their proverbials already. All coming together nicely.