vBookie Event: Force v Brumbies (Super Rugby AU 2020)
This event is over.

Outcome Odds Total Bets Total Staked
Brumbies WIN 14/100 F (1.14) 0 0 WIN!
Force WIN 475/100 (5.75) 7 280000  
Line Brumbies -13.5 90/100 (1.90) 1 6000 WIN!
Line Force +13.5 90/100 (1.90) 2 400000  
Draw at FT 3300/100 (34.00) 0 0  
Any Force Prop scores a Try 1800/100 (19.00) 3 5550000  
Force Bonus Point/s 150/100 (2.50) 2 150000  
Byron Ralston Try 220/100 (3.20) 4 220000  

Thread: Super Rugby AU - Week 4 - Force v Brumbies

vCash

Super Rugby AU - Week 4 - Force v Brumbies

We bookies dont think the Force can win...but they are getting closer..

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Son of Gupta. Best Odds. Velly Good.
    Nominated by Mr Shasta as the "Peoples Bookie of the Year 2021"

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Hope we dont need to go to the TMO

vCash
    1st 10 mins made it look like it was going to be a horrible night but boys have started digging deep. Forward passes in both try’s got missed. Let’s just hope they can pull something out of the hat next half.

May the FORCE be with you!

Champion
    vCash
    Bugger!

vCash
    Well done Brumbies, big turnaround in a game from last week (funny that), but the Force were immense especially the forwards. Kehui-can we have him start please. Wow! Not sold on Frisby -very wobbly although admittedly his first game, so probably needs time. However if RA are wanting Twiggy to be involved in any Aus rugby, they might wanna rethink their attitude to giving the Force a fair go in this comp, that’s all we ask - jus sayin. Am sick of the same ol shite all over again. Bring back GRR!

vCash
    The referee did everything he could to ensure the force wasn't in that contest, but still proud of the way they played, I'm comparison to last night, it was an attractive game which I think we would have had a chance in if the Ref wasn't completely out of his depth.

Can't wait to see the test that the Rebels bring. I think we'll look good against them.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    The referee did everything he could to ensure the force wasn't in that contest, but still proud of the way they played, I'm comparison to last night, it was an attractive game which I think we would have had a chance in if the Ref wasn't completely out of his depth.

Can't wait to see the test that the Rebels bring. I think we'll look good against them.
    I wish we'd adapted to the ref's breakdown rulings more, and the 50/22 leading to their third try looked like another one that was incorrectly ruled - they're such big momentum shifts that consistency would be nice, especially after admitting there was one wrong two weeks ago.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

But that’s just it Gigs-the Force are being shafted yet again and expected to just accept it. If RA think this is the way to win over Twiggy’s support, they’ve seriously miscalculated -but then how unlike RA to get it wrong. Thank Christ the Force don’t need to be involved in this shit anymore. At least the boys get some run around, just wish it wasn’t SR & RA.

Senior Player
    vCash
    FFS we are not being shafted!
    we were beaten by a bloody good team with a couple of fellas that weren't up to scratch tonight!
    Learn to build scoreboard pressure and go from there!
    2 tries against us in the first 5 minutes that would make the highlight reels for tries of the year and several players caught out of position for the 50/22's.
    The brumbies are the benchmark team for the competition ffs!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    FFS we are not being shafted!
    we were beaten by a bloody good team with a couple of fellas
    Yes we were. The referee didn't have a clue with the scrums. The breakdown was a shambles too but he messed up pretty evenly.
    Our kicking game was poor. Unlike the Ponies we have not taken advantage of the 50-22 or the 22-50. But they worked hard and stayed in the fight against the best team in the comp.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    I can only say what I saw, it might have gone both ways, but on multiple occasions sio turned in outrageously, force were penalised.

At the breakdown force players were on tge ball for multiple seconds and the Ref appeared to wait for them to be cleaned out, no holding call, lots of brumbies lying on our ball with impunity.

I get really pissed of with this sort of shit when I clearly think the brumbies didn't need it. I don't think we would have won if the Ref picked up everything I saw, but we probably would have scored at least twice and certainly wouldn't have given up the first 2 tries.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

Senior Player
    vCash
    Gigs the ref had zero to do with the first 2 tries. We got caught out and there was some simple pass and draw the man to score.
    Was super impressed with the way the lads stayed in the game from there. We needed to line up and take the points when we could, to hopefully build pressure, but when you consider its only our third game with these combos i'm certainly not going out today to kick the cat with the shits because we got beaten.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Now against the filth next week, well thats a different story. I can guarantee the wife will be moving out of home while that game is on. May need to put some padding on the TV to protect it!

vCash
    I always thought that we wouldn't beat the Brumbies.
    50-50 chance against the Reds.
    90% sure we would beat the Tahs.
    200% positive we will smash the Rabble.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by boof1050 View Post
    Gigs the ref had zero to do with the first 2 tries
    I agree, my point is he should have, he also had nothing to do with outrageous cheating at the ruck. No, we didn't compete, we probably shouldn't have won, we were clearly outplayed by a better team. The Ref still failed to see a significant amount of illegal play by the brumbies and, to my eyes, was looking to penalise the force. The fact that the penalty count didn't blow out is testament to how well the brumbies played to the whistle, they got away with stuff, so they kept pushing until they were atopped

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the