View Poll Results: should Spartans account be forced to timeout using script kiddy tactics?

Voters
10. This poll is closed
  • this is a professional website, Spartan does not deserve this

0 0%
  • Communism died with the fall of the USSR, bring back Spartan

0 0%
  • Spartan deserves justice

1 10.00%
  • I can never, ever look at this place the same way after the injustice I am witnessing #RiseUpSpartan

1 10.00%
  • Cheerleaders suck, bring back the guy that talks real rugby and doesnt just toe the party line

1 10.00%
  • None of the above

7 70.00%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do you think its a good look when Spartans account has been blocked with a script?

Apprentice
    vCash

Do you think its a good look when Spartans account has been blocked with a script?

So abit of investigating and it appears that not only has Spartans posts been edited by the moderators/admins which is pretty bizzare in itself.

But the strangest thing is thing is that the Administrator has written a script so that when Spartan logs in it times out because his account/rather than IP has been forced to timeout making it impossible for the user Spartan to log in as it will never properly load the site, this is even more bizarre behavior.

It is one thing to show your cards and ban a user which means everyone is aware, but to run a seperate script to force a user to time oit during the login by making the destination unreachable is taking things to a whole new level again

What does everyone think of this? This will make the narrative here somewhat one sided, but this sort of administration behaviour is on another level, is this what the board really wants from their rugby website.

Tyranial behaviour susposed to have died out after the fall of communism, now its back through the Cyber Information Interweb.

God bless

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Hi SPaRTAN,

If I was to vote - and I'm not really feeling it - but let's say I was ... then it'd be "Spartan deserves justice".

Because justice was served it's what you got.

If you spam the f^$k out of the site and double down with personal abuse, well then it's a smack upside the head.

Stay safe

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Who gives a ————?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by SNOB View Post
    Who gives a ————?
    Me! Dunno anything about scripts and stuff like that. By I think its good stuff.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    why are you all so unkind(opologies to Kamal)

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Bork bork

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Ham105 View Post
    Hi SPaRTAN,

If I was to vote - and I'm not really feeling it - but let's say I was ... then it'd be "Spartan deserves justice".

Because justice was served it's what you got.

If you spam the f^$k out of the site and double down with personal abuse, well then it's a smack upside the head.

Stay safe
    Gee you are a silly prick, arent ya! I didnt spam all those links you moron, it was a russian advertising spam bot.

And if you are refering to the birthday threads you are even more of a moron, I only posted a handful of birthday threads, they were directed at one Ollie Hoskins a previous Western Force player. And a bunch of celebrities that literally had their birthdays that day. 70% of the front page was already spammed by News bot so I only needed to post about 4 to 5 threads to completly saturate the front page and make a point about Newsbot spamming the shit out of the site about irrelevant stupid birthdays directed at users that dont even post here to the detriment of real rugby threads.

Now look at this place, its better for it. It has actual rugby threads of the front page and you cheerleaders that love to circle jerk each other dont get to tap each other on the ass congratulating each other on the birthday threads because you have nothing relevant to the site to contribute and discuss meaningless pub drivel instead of informative rugby threads. Face it, half of you are just lonely old men looking for someone to accept you in your lonely life, this place isnt about rugby for you, its a little haven for you to have your little bar chit chat behind your PC whilst you walloe in each others social acceptance. Its a pack mentality that makes you feel like you own this place instead of allowing free speech. I would say I post far more relevant rugby related posts and my threads get far more content and activoty than 90% of the crap you cheerleaders post about.

This place is about the Western Force, not about birthdays, not about pub chit chat, not about all the miscellenous horse shit you guys like to roll around in, but actual Rugby and the Western Force... if you want to talkabout Monty Python, and how 70s and 80s rock music was the greatest then go lurk around some reddit threads that appeal to your terrible tastes in comedy and music. But spare me your patronising tone you utter douchebag!

vCash
    Much like the USA I'm not going to bother voting here because all the candidates suck

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash

Legend Contributor fulvio sammut's Avatar
    vCash
    If this really happened, then a bunch of fuckwits have taken over the site. Which moderator/s made it happen?

I don't agree with much of what Spartan says, or the arrogance with which he says it, and he's a fuckwit himself, but I would rather have that than having ignorant dipsticks pretending to be god and censoring comments.

Or is this all bullshit?

vCash
    So spartan, to answer your question, I've really enjoyed the site without your incessant childish bitching about standards that we have developed as a community over many years.

A question. Will you continue to incessantly whinge as brute force, because I'd like to know whether to ignore that account.

I'd be happy to leave it readable if you aren't going to act like a child.

C'mon the

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by fulvio sammut View Post
    If this really happened, then a bunch of fuckwits have taken over the site. Which moderator/s made it happen?

I don't agree with much of what Spartan says, or the arrogance with which he says it, and he's a fuckwit himself, but I would rather have that than having ignorant dipsticks pretending to be god and censoring comments.

Or is this all bullshit?
    Its 100% not a lie. I find it very distasteful actually. My thread comments were recently changed. Now there is a script specific to only my Spartan account that times it out when I attempt to login. I honestly thought this page was broken due to the Russian bot that spammed the front page, I assumed it has launched a DDOS against twf and thewholeforce domains, but no, after a week or so of trying to login incognito, using private tabs, proxys, and using standard browsers I noticed this place had alot of activity, far too much activity for this place to be under a DDOS, I then ran a few tests using a couple of scripts I made myself and noticed my Spartan account specifically has been targetted by a script which specifically times it out when logging in, on occasion I can use.my script to force my account to login, but once logged in its impossible to click any thread without timing out.

So I opened an Incognito browser after clearing cache. Set up a brand new account by not logging in and the site works perfectly. My logs show at any stage when Spartan attempts to login it will 100% never ever allow to login, unless I run my script which just brute forces thousands and thousands of requests until eventually one of domains allow my username to login, but once logged in no matter what I cannot access any thread at all or click any link at all without timing out.

I would much rather an upfront ban and no where I stood without these underhanded tactics

Apprentice
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    So spartan, to answer your question, I've really enjoyed the site without your incessant childish bitching about standards that we have developed as a community over many years.

A question. Will you continue to incessantly whinge as brute force, because I'd like to know whether to ignore that account.

I'd be happy to leave it readable if you aren't going to act like a child.
    I would much rather post under my old account if thats possible. I have been trying to brute force a solitary post from that account all afternoon and the closest I have gotten is being logged in and eventualy my login will timeout due to inactivity because every link times out.

This is shit.

vCash
    I for one would also vote for a ban of spartan and bruteforce

If that counts for anything

It sounds like this person has plenty of capability to keep themselves entertained spoiling other sites

C'mon the

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast