Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversy Corner

vCash
    Just watching Catalans-V-Leeds elimination final. Banner ad onscreen for Origin decider as Folau runs the ball... Pommy commentator... "Israel Folau, Proud Queenslander"

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Minto? Queensland can have that.

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Losers

Nathan Cleary has the heart the size of a pea and the game awareness to match it. Well beaten forward pack, no line speed, slow play the balls.

Qld the total opposite, this was probably the worst Qld side in 40 years and their jersey gives them an extra leg.

Sack Fitler

vCash
    That is hard to argue with. But... anyone who thought a pack led by Welsh & Papali were easy beats does not understand RL.
    Your comment re Cleary is on the mark. That 4th tackle kick near the death was one of the worst brain farts in Blues history. Just.!
    Pick Centre's to play in the centre's. It's not that hard.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    And Jai Arrow is a dirty grub..but with the ref on their side he got away with it.

vCash
    Went in to Jim Kidd today looking for a headband. Walked out with a Dogs jersey @ $30 and a Raiders Ladies Polo for the boss @ $10. Couldn't pass those up. They had more of each and some mens polos too for about half the clubs, if any of you bloody Mungos are in for a cheap deal.

Looked to be more Broncos and Manly gear left on the racks than anything else. Dead set!

vCash
    Which Jim Kidd was that?

I picked up a Dragons Polo for $20 at Jim Kidd at whatever the DFO is called in the city last week but they only had a handful of teams.

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Which Jim Kidd was that?

I picked up a Dragons Polo for $20 at Jim Kidd at whatever the DFO is called in the city last week but they only had a handful of teams.
    Mandurah. Bit far for a bargain I suppose. There's a store in Murray St near where the Moon and Zack used to be.

Just had a squizz online and they've got stuff for those prices. But no Red V gear.

vCash
    Jim Kidd on Murray St has closed permanently

vCash
    Saw the Dragons 2021 range tonight (https://shop.dragons.com.au/collecti...NwZzQifQ%3D%3D) and damn son it's impressive. I was a bit worried after that fire away/alternate jersey was leaked!

Makes the Force gear released so far looks like a povo version from Best and Less.

Rookie
    vCash
    Yet again, NRL is willing to make changes to improve their game.

NRL announces bombshell rule changes in huge shake-up for 2021 season

The NRL has announced a radical overhaul for season 2021, confirming a number of major rule changes will shake-up the sport.

James Matthey

The NRL is planning a suite of major rule changes as the game prepares for a major shake-up in 2021.

Rugby league is set to look very different next season as ARLC chairman Peter V’landys continues to make waves.

Among the huge overhaul are new rules including:

— Field goals, usually worth one point, will now be worth two points if taken from more than 40m out

— If the ball or a player carrying the ball goes over the sideline, play will be restarted via a play-the-ball, rather than the traditional scrum

— Players who break the 10m offside rule will give away six more tackles, as opposed to a penalty

— Players will be penalised for leaving a scrum early before the referee calls “break”

— Teams will not lose their one captain’s challenge when a video review proves inconclusive, even if the on-field decision stands

— An incorrect play-the-ball will result in a handover of possession to the other team

— The Bunker will review replays after the referee awards an on-field try, and a conversion cannot be taken until the video officials give the green light

— A player must be taken off the field for at least two minutes if a trainer asks the referee to stop play because of an injury

The Australian Rugby League Commission ratified the changes on Friday, V’landys saying they have been implemented with the view towards “less stoppages, more unpredictability and increased excitement for our fans”.

“The message from the fans and our broadcasters has been clear — the game became too predictable and the balance between attack and defence had gone too far in favour of defence,” V’landys said.

“Our changes last year were successful in addressing some of those challenges and the changes announced today will take the element of unpredictability and entertainment a step further.”

Nathan Cleary will like the sound of two-point field goals.Source:Getty Images

FOOTY FANS REACT TO MAJOR SHAKE-UP

NRL supporters were quick to react to the bombshell announcement. AAP sports reporter Scott Bailey tweeted: “Best rule change of the lot is that you don’t lose a captain’s challenge for inconclusive review footage. Good they’ve addressed breaking early from scrums.

“Six again worked a treat last year. Field goals could be great or nothing. Who really knows … It’ll be exciting.”

Plenty were sceptical though, including journalist Chloe-Amanda Bailey, who wrote: “Why?? IMO we just had a ripper season. Why are we tweaking? Just for s***’s sake?”

Nine reporter Michael Atkinson said the two-point field goal is “completely unnecessary” while Fox League commentator Dan Ginnane simply said on Twitter: “What the hell is this.”

Joshua Wells isn’t a fan of the two-point field goal, writing: “STOP CHANGING THE FUNDAMENTAL SCORING SYSTEMS OF SPORTS — PLEASE! I love the new six again rule, I do not love 2-point field goals.

https://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/nr...0c3ab2147cb695

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash
    Bloody mungos

80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    I don't mind the play the ball if a players goes over the sideline but the rest of them are terrible

vCash
    I like them all except the field goal and inside the 10m. The 2 point FG is plain crazy.

Legend
    Apprentice Bookie
    vCash

Josh Addo-Carr signs four-year contract with Canterbury Bulldogs

After months of speculation, superstar winger Josh Addo-Carr has signed a four-year contract with the Canterbury Bulldogs.

Josh Addo-Carr has signed a four-year deal with the Canterbury Bulldogs, reportedly valued at $2 million.

As first revealed by The Daily Telegraph’s Paul Crawley, Addo-Carr will join the Bulldogs in 2022 after his current contract with the Melbourne Storm expires.

On Wednesday afternoon, the Bulldogs confirmed the 25-year-old speedster will remain at Belmore until the end of the 2025 NRL premiership.

“The Bulldogs have continued their quest to build a squad that can challenge for titles in the future with the acquisition of State of Origin back Josh Addo-Carr on a four year deal that will see him join the club for the 2022 season and keep him at Belmore until the end of 2025,” the club said in a statement.

Canterbury chief executive Andrew Hill said: “Having someone like Josh choose to join the Bulldogs after being the target of a number of clubs is another sign that we are gradually piecing together a squad that has the right mix of experience and quality.

“Josh has been a proven performer at whatever level he has played and he will bring those elements of speed and strike-power that all clubs are looking for in their backline.

“Josh becomes another leader in our group and will bring the sort of winning attitude that the club is looking to create here at Belmore.

“We look forward to him joining us for the 2022 season and wish him all the best for next season.”

Bulldogs coach Trent Barrett told The Daily Telegraph: “From a whole of club point of view it is huge for us.

“And on the back of Cotric coming, Burton, Flanagan, Hetherington and some of the other players we have already been able to get, we are heading in the right direction.

“Josh is a try scorer and he brings a lot of personality to our team.”

In a statement

Addo-Carr said the decision to leave the Storm was a difficult one, but the winger has regularly spoken about his desire to play for a club based in New South Wales.

“I’m relieved to have finally sorted out my playing future and can now focus on making my last year with Storm another one to remember,” Addo-Carr said.

“I owe so much to this Club and have so many great friends and memories that have made me the person I am today.

“I now can’t wait to get back into training with the boys and playing at AAMI Park in front of all our fans who didn’t get to see us this year.”

Storm General Manager of Football Frank Ponissi said in a statement: “Josh is an amazing talent on the field and brings his own unique enthusiasm and energy to our entire football club which makes him such an endeared character at Storm.

“We were delighted when he decided to see out his contract with us but knew he would make the decision to move back to Sydney at some stage.”

After a short stint at the Wests Tigers, Addo-Carr signed with the Storm in 2017 and has since played 96 NRL matches for the Melbourne-based club.

He has also represented New South Wales in three State of Origin series, winning two titles with the Blues.

From news.com.au

Exile
    Sydney

"Pain heels. Chicks dig scars and Glory lasts forever." Shane Falco

Page 15 of 51 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast