Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast

Thread: Controversy Corner

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Well done to the Smug
    ??????

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Am I just a sore loser, talking through his pocket? (queue GIGS.....). The TV "experts" praised bloody Sutton for "putting the whistle away" and officiating differently to what has been all season. I thought that compounded the advantage of Cleary's exceptional kicking prowess. He ignored the 10M & PTB area all day for both teams and Penrith used that the better of the two. This was most evident when he got the charge down on Reynolds wrong. He not only got it wrong but failed to pick up that defender for being 2M offside when he was standing right next to him. It was a crucial turning point IMO. If he's the best referee in the NRL then I'm the King of the Castle.

Now I've got that off my chest; bring on the spring tour.

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Sutton is consistently shit but the TV experts are wrong, you don't referee to one set of rules for an entire season, handing out 6 agains like lollies for any infringement and then out the whistle away for the GF.

Having said that I was surprised to hear a difference between a player attempting to make a tackle on a kick doesn't count as a knock on yet if Reynolds was passing that ball it would be 6 again.

Given he ignored the 10 and players laying about in the ruck for both sides it's hard to be upset about either side getting any dominance, if anything I think the slower game helped Souffs stay in the contest.

It certainly won't be a Grand Final to make any best of lists that's for sure. If that was a regular season game I would have switched off.

Vlandys is probably in his bunker trying to work out how to make the game even faster for next year.

Last edited by jargan83; 04-10-21 at 10:30.

vCash
    I've only started following league again this year since moving back to the east coast (after 32 years away). As a Souffs supporter it seemed like Penriffs big weapon was Cleary's kicks on the 5th tackle. Couldn't understand why Souffs allowed Cleary all the time and room he wanted to make the kicks rather than a rushed defence to put him under pressure.

vCash
    News Corp strikes $75m deal with NRL to prop up 2023 Redcliffe expansion

The NRL is expected to propose the Redcliffe Dolphins as the expansion team for 2023 after striking a deal with News Corp to inject an extra $75m into the sport over five years.

Sources with knowledge of discussions told the Herald that as part of the deal, the NRL has pledged to reduce the number of free-to-air games involving the News Corp-owned Brisbane Broncos by up to 25 per cent.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/new...04-p58x16.html

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    News Corp strikes $75m deal with NRL to prop up 2023 Redcliffe expansion

The NRL is expected to propose the Redcliffe Dolphins as the expansion team for 2023 after striking a deal with News Corp to inject an extra $75m into the sport over five years.

Sources with knowledge of discussions told the Herald that as part of the deal, the NRL has pledged to reduce the number of free-to-air games involving the News Corp-owned Brisbane Broncos by up to 25 per cent.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/new...04-p58x16.html
    I'm confused. I know there's been talk of a WA franchise in the NRL, but the Redcliffe Dolphins? Good transport links with Tonkin Highway and the airport, but Redcliffe Park is going to need a lot of work done to it to get it ready in 18 months.

And while I've seen dolphins in the Swan around Claisebrook and the new stadium, I've not heard of them as far inland as Ascot, and Redcliffe doesn't technically border the river anyway.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    I didn't read that properly and replied why Redcliffe is the better option, then had to delete. You got me a beauty.
    Next thing you'll be telling me the Brumbies are being culled!

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I'm confused. I know there's been talk of a WA franchise in the NRL, but the Redcliffe Dolphins? Good transport links with Tonkin Highway and the airport, but Redcliffe Park is going to need a lot of work done to it to get it ready in 18 months.

And while I've seen dolphins in the Swan around Claisebrook and the new stadium, I've not heard of them as far inland as Ascot, and Redcliffe doesn't technically border the river anyway.
    I WISH IT WAS REDCLIFFE WA

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Now Vlandys is shutting down the NRL digital arm because News Corp and Channel 9 had a cry about it.

An asset that could be worth $1 billion alone.

The NRL is run by morons.

vCash
    Now Vlandys is shutting down the NRL digital arm because News Corp and Channel 9 had a cry about it.

An asset that could be worth $1 billion alone.

The NRL is being strong-armed by the people who hold the purse strings. This is because the morons who ran the game for the past two decades wasted all the money and bought not a fkn single asset.
    FIXED.

vCash
    FIXED.
    Disagree

Couldn't see the AFL shutting down it digital arm just because News Corp/Channel 7 demanded it.

Digital was huge asset moving forward.

vCash
    According to PVL it was bleeding money big time. Under Greenberg, the NRL had to borrow quite a lot to balance 2019 finances. They have had to sell a large slice of the farm to stay alive. Not ideal but there you go.

The AFL went into 2020 with cash reserves of over $100 mil and used about 60 over 2020 IIRC. Dunno how they'll be positioned after another tough year. But in any event Docklands is pretty good collateral if they need a sub and pretty good ammo for any broadcasters that get a bit toey.

The NRL looks a bit like the Black Knight by comparison.

Agree to disagree OK?

vCash
    Bleeding money yet a $50 million surplus was announced today

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nrl...b51e802460df78

Bet it has more to do with the NRL programming outrating the dross on Channel 9 and Fox League

vCash
    OK then....

Well that's mostly because the content put out on Fox League is rubbish outrage based trash that equates to 3 old boomers yelling at each other while Yvonne Sampson sits there and watches, while the content on NRL.com was actually really good.

Pretty sure there is another thread for that chat though
    Agreed. I quit Kayo ages ago and even though 360 is a freebie I Dont bother mostly. Yvonne looks cheesed and bored rigid usually.

vCash
    OK then....

Agreed. I quit Kayo ages ago and even though 360 is a freebie I Dont bother mostly. Yvonne looks cheesed and bored rigid usually.
    NRL 360 is trash.

It just the old drunk Phil Rothfield, the bald James Hooper and that nuffie Paul Kent yelling at each other and pushing various agendas.

It's been ages since I watched any of the NRL panel/magazine style shows but probably the best one was League Life hosted by the all female panel.

Page 36 of 51 FirstFirst ... 26 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 46 ... LastLast