Welcome back Jonno

Returned Western Force star Jono Lance determined to capitalise on second chance

Nick Taylor
The West Australian
Monday, 15 June 2020 1:30PM

Returned Western Force star Jono Lance never dreamed of getting another crack at the Wallabies when the side was controversially axed three years ago.
But after a roundabout journey from the Melbourne Rebels, Queensland Reds and UK premiership side Worcester Warriors the fly-half is back.
He is determined to pay back the Force for giving him a second chance and says the squad has plenty of other players who will have a point to prove in the new Super competition.
Lance describes himself as a "Once Were Almost Wallaby" after he was selected on the bench against France in 2016 but never got the nod.
He then he broke his arm in a midweek game against the French Barbarians and his international career was over before it had started.
"That year was a perfect storm," Lance said.
"Now, my priority is to give something back because 2017 was such a rough year for the people of WA.
"To be able to remedy that a little bit is something I'm pretty pumped about.
"To be back playing for the Force in Super Rugby and to have the opportunity to show Australian rugby what I can do again...if you had told me that two years ago I have said you were dreaming.
"I'm treating it as a blessing.
"We can't wait to rip in. A few of the guys will have a good little chip on their shoulder and want to prove that they are just as capable as a lot of other guys in Super Rugby.
"They in the same boat as me and want to take that next step."
Lance, quarantined for two weeks after arriving from Queensland last Friday, believes he has grown as a player during his travels.
"You get your head around different ways to play and control the game, you see how different guys approach the game. I can't wait to put it into practise."
Lance is impressed with the way coach Tim Sampson has rebuilt the Force.
"He has done an amazing job, the way he has kept the team so driven and goal orientated."
But he hasn't spoken to Force benefactor Andrew Forrest yet.
"I'll wait for that one but I'm happy for him to call whenever he wants."

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western...ng-b881578613z