Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Force Super Rugby Fixture 2020

Here it is

Name:  Full-Western-Force-Vodafone-Super-Rugby-Fixture-page-001.jpg
Views: 3338
Size:  198.1 KB

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

vCash
    Home games in the schedule - I know the State Government is already discussing phase 4 and the phase 3 recovery was implemented nearly 2 weeks earlier than anticipated so fingers crossed.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Last edited by jargan83; 11-06-20 at 09:53.

vCash
    Call me a pessimist, but I can't see much hope of being able to attend those home games in person!

It would have been better for the Force (and incidentally the competition) if the Force Home games were all at the end of the season (less chance of forced 14 day isolation for the teams flying in)

C'mon the

vCash
    I thought Queensland had closed borders, too.

Are we going to be allowed to play the Waratahs on 11th July in Sydney and the Reds on 17th July in Brisbane?

Also, I note we play the Waratahs in Rd 2 when they've had a game - I haven't heard of any pre-season matches, so we'll still be rusty. That brings back a few memories of previous years of SR.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh View Post
    I thought Queensland had closed borders, too.

Are we going to be allowed to play the Waratahs on 11th July in Sydney and the Reds on 17th July in Brisbane?

Also, I note we play the Waratahs in Rd 2 when they've had a game - I haven't heard of any pre-season matches, so we'll still be rusty. That brings back a few memories of previous years of SR.
    They did - exemptions were granted to the 3 Qld based NRL sides to travel interstate so I dare say something similar for Rugby sides has been granted.

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    forced 14 day isolation for the teams flying in
    Yep. Essentially there won't even be any home games if WA has 14-day incoming isolation.

But I s'pose we'll find out in due course.

A few away games is still a few games of footy for the season.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    shirley they could fly into perth, get helicoptered into HBF without touching anybody?
    there would be little chance of spreading anything anyway, because with a 5:05pm friday kick-off, the place will be empty.
    what could go wrong?
    oh, maybe not.
    Name:  leicester city helicoptor.jpg
Views: 2901
Size:  13.2 KB

cider my arse

vCash
    Thanks Minderoo team.
    Your efforts to get the WF playing games during this pandemic is greatly appreciated.
    Looking forward to watching - even if on replay - and hopeful that we will get to see some games live as enough notice to ensure that I can be there.
    (Even if the Gkids have to miss some school).
    Hopeful too of getting my rugby fix also from supporting the return of club rugby and the Sat Morning junior games.
    Great stuff!!!

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    I've only just noticed the kick off times, I hope Rugby Australia and RugbyWA checked with Spartan before releasing those.

3 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Senior Player
    vCash
    It's a farken conspiracy!!! Kick off at those times?? Don't they realise who's not going to be able to make those times!!

Legend Contributor brokendown gunfighter's Avatar
    vCash
    the sky is going to fall in!

Rookie
    vCash
    Western Force to clash with old foes NSW in national return

Nick Taylor
    The West Australian
    Thursday, 11 June 2020 1:49PM

The new era in Western Force history could not come with a more ironic twist.

They open their new Super Rugby Australia campaign against the Waratahs - the side they smashed 40-11 in their final game of the old Super competition.

It comes just one week short of the third anniversary of that shellacking when they also farewelled captain Matt Hodgson.

The Force were controversially axed by Rugby Australia after that game but were saved by mining magnate Andrew Forrest who launched Global Rapid Rugby where Hodgson is now director of rugby.

The Force will need WA’s border policy relaxed if they are to get true home games.

They have a bye in round one before the game against the Waratahs in Sydney on Saturday, July 11 followed by the Reds at Suncorp Stadium.

Their first “home” game is against the Brumbies. If they cannot return to Perth it will be moved, possibly to the Central Coast, to remove the Brumbies’ Canberra advantage.

The Force are scheduled to play their second “home” game against the Rebels followed by a second bye and further “home” games against the Waratahs and Reds.

They travel back to the Eastern States for their final two matches against the Brumbies and Rebels.

Coach Tim Sampson said they would be competitive in their biggest ever test despite having played just one GRR game before this season’s competition was cancelled.

“In terms of games we go in underdone but absolutely, without a doubt, we’ll put on a good show,” Sampson said.

“I expect the standard to be very high. We’re very comfortable, we know how we can play and what is needed to compete against these teams.

“The first couple of rounds we don’t know what we are going to get. It’s been a long time between drinks but enthusiasm and energy will certainly play a part.

“We can gauge ourselves on how we performed in the National Rugby Championship when we played against squads that had a lot of Super Rugby contracted players.

“We performed really well. They will obviously have top up players, Wallaby players, who were not available but we also had a lot of players out when we won the championship.”

Sampson said it was important that the Force were included in the competition.

“Having the Western Force back in a national competition is crucial. Playing against the other clubs in Australia is really important,” he said.

“What is going to be really great for our guys is they are going to be in front of eyeballs for Wallabies selection as well.

“The guys are desperate to play. It’s their job, it’s what they train for.”

https://thewest.com.au/sport/western-force/western-force-to-clash-with-old-foes-nsw-in-national-return-ng-b881575249z

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by brokendown gunfighter View Post
    the sky is going to fall in!
    The sky already fell in when GRR was cancelled. Softcocks!!

"The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Time for the sea of blue to petition McGowan on my behalf for an exemption so I can make it over for at least 1 home game this year.

vCash
    Weneedox?

C'mon the

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast