Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Crowds to be allowed in Super Rugby Aotearoa

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Crowds to be allowed in Super Rugby Aotearoa

Yesterday at 2:40 PM Super Rugby

There will be no crowd restrictions when Super Rugby resumes in New Zealand this weekend, competition organisers said Monday, hailing the move as a world first after the coronavirus.

“Super Rugby Aotearoa will be the first professional rugby competition in the world to have fans return en-masse in the COVID-19 era when the competition kicks off in Dunedin on Saturday," New Zealand Rugby said in a statement.

The competition involves New Zealand's five Super Rugby teams and has been set up as a temporary domestic replacement for the southern hemisphere club tournament, which is suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...otearoa-crowds

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Yesterday at 2:40 PM Super Rugby

There will be no crowd restrictions when Super Rugby resumes in New Zealand this weekend, competition organisers said Monday, hailing the move as a world first after the coronavirus.

“Super Rugby Aotearoa will be the first professional rugby competition in the world to have fans return en-masse in the COVID-19 era when the competition kicks off in Dunedin on Saturday," New Zealand Rugby said in a statement.

The competition involves New Zealand's five Super Rugby teams and has been set up as a temporary domestic replacement for the southern hemisphere club tournament, which is suspended due to the COVID-19 pandemic.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...otearoa-crowds
    The Australian Super schedule could work out well for the Force and the Sea of Blue. The rumour is the Force have a bye in the first round around 3rd July, then maybe 4 away games in the hub in NSW in empty stadiums. That takes us well into August, by which time the WA Gov would have opened WA borders, so we could end up with 3-4 homes games with possible Sea of Blue support in the stadium.

4 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    Apparently the Qld Government may approve up to 25% of capacity into stadiums as early as this weekend

Champion
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    Apparently the Qld Government may approve up to 25% of capacity into stadiums as early as this weekend
    Maybe WA will have 100% by mid-August. Unfair advantage to us!!!!!

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    The Australian Super schedule could work out well for the Force and the Sea of Blue. The rumour is the Force have a bye in the first round around 3rd July, then maybe 4 away games in the hub in NSW in empty stadiums. That takes us well into August, by which time the WA Gov would have opened WA borders, so we could end up with 3-4 homes games with possible Sea of Blue support in the stadium.
    Here's hoping

It'd be nice to wear the 2020 away jersey to more than one game!

C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post

It'd be nice to wear the 2020 away jersey to more than one game!
    For us health conditioned, softcock old farts who were scared of the big bad corona virus it will be nice to get to A game in 2020.

7 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    "The main difference between playing League and Union is that now I get my hangovers on Monday instead of Sunday - Tom David

vCash
    Streaming platform Kayo said as recently as Wednesday morning it had no plans to include Super Rugby Aotearoa on its weekend scheduling, with the caveat that "broadcasted fixtures are subject to change". Fox Sports could not be reached for comment.

A successful deal between Foxtel and RA on the Australian competition could make a reversal of that stance more likely, as broadcast arrangements are still being run through the joint venture SANZAAR office. The Herald understands both Kayo and Foxtel, as current rights-holders, do have access to the New Zealand competition.
    https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-u...10-p5512i.html

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by shasta View Post
    For us health conditioned, softcock old farts who were scared of the big bad corona virus it will be nice to get to A game in 2020.
    I think Sparten may have a problem with the game time that week.

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by JSJ View Post
    ........ by which time the WA Gov would have opened WA borders, so we could end up with 3-4 homes games with possible Sea of Blue support in the stadium.
    Dont hold your breath, the WA Govt keep talking "some time" or "a while yet".... those who do have exemption to travel in and out of WA have stamped on the permit "indefinite".

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by travelling_gerry View Post
    Dont hold your breath, the WA Govt keep talking "some time" or "a while yet".... those who do have exemption to travel in and out of WA have stamped on the permit "indefinite".
    Tim McMillan on Flashpoint on Monday night said he has heard from the State Labour party circles that it could be end of October, end of July, even mid July. Obviously this does not really provide an answer of any kind except to say that "a while" could be "a while."

vCash
    Latest I’ve heard is that the interstate border will stay closed for at least another 8 weeks

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    Proudly Western Australian; Proudly supporting Western Australian rugby

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    Latest I’ve heard is that the interstate border will stay closed for at least another 8 weeks
    If they could keep it for another 4 months, it'll stop friends of friends of friends from Vic who have invited themselves over here to stay with me for 3 weeks - that'll be grand!

Don't tell me the sky's the limit when there are footprints on the moon

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by Alison View Post
    We will see about this one. The border closures are getting pathetic now. There is a High Court challenge against the Qld Government being lodged. The Governmment’s defence is pathetic and incompetent stating that it hasn’t affected tourism operators which contradicts what they are saying. Gold Coast Airport is shut and several operators may never open again.

'I may be a Senator but I am not stupid'

https://omny.fm/shows/the-alan-jones-breakfast-show/cameron-clyne

Link to Senate Report http://www.aph.gov.au/senate_ca

https://www.change.org/p/rugby-australia-petition-for-cameron-clyne-to-resign-as-chairman-of-the-rugby-australia-board

Senior Player
    vCash
    I know in the FIFO world that there is quite a lot who haven't had the chance to get back to families for near on 12 weeks now and if they can afford a flight are giving up their jobs to go back home and wait for the border to reopen and come back. I personally think McGowan has done a fantastic job, but if their is at least no dispensation for some workers there may be a lot of projects up north come to a standstill.

vCash
    McGowan's approval rating is currently 87% in part because of the border closure.

West Australian's love the border closure, and apparently it is a similar story in Queensland with Annastacia Palaszchuk rating 49% as preferred Premier, well in front of whoever the nobody in charge of the State Liberals is.

The only reason it is constantly mentioned by Federal Liberal MP's is because there is a State Election in Qld this November.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast