Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Crowds to be allowed in Super Rugby Aotearoa

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by jargan83 View Post
    McGowan's approval rating is currently 87% in part because of the border closure.

West Australian's love the border closure, and apparently it is a similar story in Queensland with Annastacia Palaszchuk rating 49% as preferred Premier, well in front of whoever the nobody in charge of the State Liberals is.

The only reason it is constantly mentioned by Federal Liberal MP's is because there is a State Election in Qld this November.
    I'd have to say, it's becoming apparent that McGowan is now implementing policies based upon how they affect his inflated approval rating. There will come a point, in the public mind, where the desire to see AFL live will outweigh the desire to lock the rest of the country out of our state. THat will be the moment when McGowan will suddenly decide that the medical advice permits him to open the borders.

If the Weagles or Dorkers lose in the first couple of rounds, watch the beackpedalling commence!

1 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    C'mon the

vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by GIGS20 View Post
    I'd have to say, it's becoming apparent that McGowan is now implementing policies based upon how they affect his inflated approval rating. There will come a point, in the public mind, where the desire to see AFL live will outweigh the desire to lock the rest of the country out of our state. THat will be the moment when McGowan will suddenly decide that the medical advice permits him to open the borders.

If the Weagles or Dorkers lose in the first couple of rounds, watch the beackpedalling commence!
    The border closure is having a detrimental affect on the Qld side of the border. Some streets are split by state lines. North Queensland tourist operators are going to miss out on their July school bookings. The ALP got slaughtered there in the Federal Election.

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!

vCash
    South Australia closed it borders but I wonder why Federal Liberals aren't singling out SA by name

vCash
    South Australia closed it borders but I wonder why Federal Liberals aren't singling out SA by name
    There’s nothing there. Is there?

May the FORCE be with you!

vCash
    Yes it is interesting that at various times Qld, WA and NT have been called out by the Federal Govt over border restrictions, but little has been said about SA and Tas... I wonder what the common denomintor might be there?

Immortal Contributor
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by UnionThug View Post
    Yes it is interesting that at various times Qld, WA and NT have been called out by the Federal Govt over border restrictions, but little has been said about SA and Tas... I wonder what the common denomintor might be there?
    The ease of getting in and out of those states if you have exempt status. The hoops you have to jump through, time for approvals etc are much harder for WA and NT in particular.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2