Thread: Pichot resigns from World Rugby post

Immortal Contributor The InnFORCEr's Avatar
    vCash

Pichot resigns from World Rugby post

Today at 3:38 PM International
    by Beth Newman

Agustin Pichot has resigned from his positions at World Rugby after losing the recent chairman election.
    Former vice-chairman Pichot ran against incumbent chairman, and ultimate winner, Bill Beaumont for the post at the recent World Rugby elections but fell five votes short in the first round of voting.

In a statement on the UAR website on Wednesday morning (AEST), Pichot said that loss meant he needed to step aside.

“As of today, I have decided not to continue as a UAR representative on the World Rugby Council, nor as a member of the RWC Board, nor as president of Americas Rugby," he said.

"Needless to say, I am very grateful for the responsibility and trust that has been given to me during all this time. ”

“The only reason I have been a part of World Rugby to this day, and which in turn is the same one that has moved me to run for President, is the conviction that World Rugby needs change. But my proposal, which I fervently believe in, has not been chosen, and that is why I choose to step aside. I cannot conceive of occupying a place just for the sake of occupying it ”.

“Although I will now be exclusively dedicated to family and personal matters, this does not mean that I am moving away from rugby. I will always contribute, from the place that touches me, to achieve a fairer and more equitable global rugby that we continue to take pride in participating in and being part of. ”

During his time on the World Rugby council and as vice-chairman, Pichot was the driver behind a number of initiatives.
    Pichot helped make Sevens an Olympic sport and also elevated Argentina into the Rugby Championship and the Jaguares in Super Rugby.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2020/0...by-resignation

0 Not allowed! Not allowed!
    80 Minutes, 15 Positions, No Protection, Wanna Ruck?

Ruck Me, Maul Me, Make Me Scrum!

Education is Important, but Rugby is Importanter!

Senior Player
    vCash
    Quote Originally Posted by The InnFORCEr View Post
    Today at 3:38 PM International
    by Beth Newman

Agustin Pichot has resigned from his positions at World Rugby after losing the recent chairman election.
    Former vice-chairman Pichot ran against incumbent chairman, and ultimate winner, Bill Beaumont for the post at the recent World Rugby elections but fell five votes short in the first round of voting.

The tweed blazer brigade has prevailed again.

Business as usual ...

2 Not allowed! Not allowed!